The Flash who is savitar !?

If that was the case, and Eobard Thawne is such a genius, then why didn't he get Captain Cold to freeze the Black Flash in Legends of Tomorrow? He could have even recruited him from the timeline earlier instead of running scared from him all that time. His problems would've been solved much earlier.

You know, I haven't watched any full episodes of Legendgs of Tomorrow season 2, but from the clip I saw of him creating a billion time remnants I can tell that they stopped writing Eobard as a smart guy with a healthy fear of the consequences of time travel.

They just shoehorned that in at the last second by saying the Black Flash's only weakness was cold, and that was the reason she was there.

If that was the case, and Eobard Thawne is such a genius, then why didn't he get Captain Cold to freeze the Black Flash in Legends of Tomorrow? He could have even recruited him from the timeline earlier instead of running scared from him all that time. His problems would've been solved much earlier.

I don't think this is an actual solution to the problem. Just a temporary fix. I get the feeling that with the black Flash being part of the speed force now, that he'll always keep coming back. Thawne had lots of little avoidance techniques.

Savitar just needed to stop the Black Flash for long enough to finish his plan.

Thawne needed to get rid of him forever. I'm sure we're not done with seeing the Black Flash. It wouldn't surprise me if Barry breaking out of the speedforce has him running from BF for a whole season.

Maybe we'll get a new Black Flash as the villain and we'll have a season-long mystery again as to his identity, only to find out it's also Barry Allen from another timeline where he was devoured by the BF after having disregarded the rules of time travel too much. :o

Maybe we'll get a new Black Flash as the villain and we'll have a season-long mystery again as to his identity, only to find out it's also Barry Allen from another timeline where he was devoured by the BF after having disregarded the rules of time travel too much. :o
Or may be the speed for made duplicates of him in that form . which would be really messed up .

Last edited:
You know, I haven't watched any full episodes of Legendgs of Tomorrow season 2, but from the clip I saw of him creating a billion time remnants I can tell that they stopped writing Eobard as a smart guy with a healthy fear of the consequences of time travel.

Why would he care? He had within his grasp the ability to make all such worries irrelevant forever. If he wins that fight, it doesn't matter the temporal consequences, he can just unmake them.

I don't think Black Flash is dead, because when Barry was in the speed force he rotated his emblem and exploded Black Flash yet he was still alive. I thought he's an eternal manifestation the speed force can always bring back. Black Flash can also be at multiple places in the timeline going after time remnants or speedsters messing with time. So in future seasons we could see what Black Flash would have done before he went back in the past to go after Savitar and get frozen by Killer Frost.

Or Maybe we find out that Barry isn't the reason the speed force was out of balance at all, but it was because Caitlyn killed Black Flash!

But honestly I don't think Black Flash is dead. Just, a single avatar of him. He's more of a force of nature, now. Just a manifestation of the speed force.

They just shoehorned that in at the last second by saying the Black Flash's only weakness was cold, and that was the reason she was there.

They established as far back as season 1 that cold is somewhat of a krypronite for speedsters.

That's why Cisco built the Cold Gun that Captain Cold uses in the first place, it was designed specifically to stop Barry if he had been some nut case. I believe the Star Trek-esque science explanation for it was that the cold slows down the particles of speedsters or something

I kept expecting someone to either ask or for him to mention it but...nothing. The writers really did miss out on a chance to truly make this angle a great one.

He might as well not even have had the scars to begin with.

This is really late to reply to but: I always had the scarring pegged as a battle scar from the time remnant's battle with Savitar.

This is really late to reply to but: I always had the scarring pegged as a battle scar from the time remnant's battle with Savitar.

Better late than never, my good friend. :woot:

But yeah, that seems to be the most plausible. While I still wish they would've specified what happened (especially since the scarring likely helped the degradation of his mental state), in my mind that's exactly how he received the scarring.

Just going to leave this here, my favourite scene from the entire show.

[YT]gYKgW72IAeE[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"