Is a 170 pounds for a 5' 7" male fat?

don't feel bad spoons, i'm having a hard time picture what 5'7 looks like as a man

like this...

Bruce_Lee.jpg

:oldrazz:

I'm about 5'9" and 210.

Complete lardass oozing out of my shorts. Too much good food and ale this winter. But then my standards for "lardass" may be different from yours. :oldrazz:

I start cutting soon however.

withflash3.jpg

I think it depends on if its muscle or not. Obviously, if your friend is carrying that around as muscle, they're not fat. If they're carrying it around as a spare tire around their waist, I would say a good case could be made for being overweight.

There's nothing wrong with short guys! :argh:

nothing right with them either.

randy newman put it best, short people got no reason to live:o

I'm about that height and oh say 125 pounds. Since I'm a fatass, you should be dead. Stick your face in a cheesecake at a stripclub.

You're 5'7 and 125 lbs? That's not fat.

I'm about that height and oh say 125 pounds. Since I'm a fatass, you should be dead. Stick your face in a cheesecake at a stripclub.
My bf is 5'8" and approximately 130. He's so thin he almost fit in my jeans. Needed a few more inches to button them, but he got them all the way up.

I'm bonily underweight and a size 0. Yes, my manlet bf almost fit into size 0 girly pants. :awesome:

I'm a little afraid to ask what you consider thin. :eek:

I'm about 5 ft 10 in at about 170 lbs and I don't look fat. I have a bit of a belly, but that's because I don't work out.

I'm 6'2 and 210lb. Apparently that makes me overweight....or jakked.

Depends on the male. Fat for some and not fat for others. People are built differently.

If there's one thing you can guarantee, though, is that BMI isn't a good indicator.

My bf is 5'8" and approximately 130. He's so thin he almost fit in my jeans. Needed a few more inches to button them, but he got them all the way up.

I'm bonily underweight and a size 0. Yes, my manlet bf almost fit into size 0 girly pants. :awesome:

I'm a little afraid to ask what you consider thin. :eek:

Tell your man to fatten up! :o

The people here who claim to not be overweight yet you have skinny arms, potbelly or double chins... you're skinny fat. Work out a little and do some cardio.

170 lbs is considered overweight for a male who is 5'7. BMI is like 26.6 when healthy is considered 18-24.

The one thing to consider about the BMI is that it does not account for muscle mass. BMI is based on the assumption that you have a specific amount of regular physical activity. Someone who has a more sedentary lifestyle is going to have a lower ideal weight than someone who has an active lifestyle. Everyone should have a lot of physical activity, but if you don't then you will still be a lot healthier without excessive amounts of body fat.

I'm 5'9" and 240...
But most of it is muscle. I would not say 170lbs and 5'7" is fat at all, unless a lot of it is actually fat.
BMI is bull**** anyway.There is no way I will EVER be able to reach the BMI because I have too much muscle.

Depends on your body type. Im 6'2 and weigh 155, which for my height a lot of people might think I'm like really skinny but I look absolutely normal. Just like there are people that same weight and 5'5 and you would've never guessed it. Conversely, I've actually met a guy about my height and weight and he actually looked like he was 'chunkier' than people shorter than him of same weight or more. Long story short...you can't really tell, it really depends on your body type.

But assuming you (or your 'friend' rather) are like the average person of that height and weight...then yes....you're a bit chub more than likely :o (definitely NOT fat though)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"