Is George Lucas a scumbag?

Wilhelm-Scream said:
That would be amusing, if that was what happened.
It really went:
Bloat-Throat:"The unaltered versions will NEVER be released because they don't adhere to my definitive vision for Star Wars."
Fans: Wha?!? That's bulls***! At least offer them as an extra or an option, at least just for posterity!"
Bloat-Throat: Nope. Save your breath. Nawt.Gonna.Happen. Those aren't "Star Wars". If you want "Star Wars", then buy the new DVD set, because THAT is "Star Wars". The past is dead to me now.
Fans: :insane b****ing and moaning: :the sound of a million rage-gasms crying out: Come ON, man!!!! We don't want the original versions, we NeeEEed 'EM!
Bloat-Throat: Cry all you want. The originals will never be released, especially because, frankly, they're an embarrassment to me. I don't even want them seen, I want the improved version to be seen. It is now the definitive Star Wars,. So just stop begging because this is not negotiable. If you want Star Wars on DVD, then buy the new boxset, because that's all that will be coming out. If not, well, enjoy your VHS tapes and bootleg junk."
Fans: "*sigh* God he sucks....okay, whatever...I guess, at least on DVD I can skip over Jedi Rocks easily...*sigh*" :shell out 70 bucks:
Bloat-Throat: EXcellent! Alright...sales have finally dwindled on our shoddy, cheap-ass and criminally bare-bones gold and silver boxsets! Hahahahaha.....execute order 66!"

So youre complaining he gave into fan demand and saw that he'd profit from it as well. Seriously, the guy could send you all checks for $1,000 and you guys would complain.

i hate george lucas..star wars is like my drug ....and they keep feeding me it...

just hook it to my veins!:(

Darthphere said:
So youre complaining he gave into fan demand and saw that he'd profit from it as well. Seriously, the guy could send you all checks for $1,000 and you guys would complain.

they'd be tainted with nerd's blood!

Mr Sparkle said:
they'd be tainted with nerd's blood!

They would probably just use the money to buy more Star Wars stuff.:(

George Lucas is not a scumbag, unless your version or vision of a scumbag is a highly successful individual in his field. Lucas has demonstrated time after time that he has a way of getting people to see what he is going to do next, and then he is able to market his ideas to the people and the people flock to see his product like rats flock to see what people will feed them.

Darthphere said:

Of course, because then we'd have to get off our butts and go out and buy the OT boxed set (well, at least expend a lot of energy typing). He should have just sent us the set instead of making us jump through hoops. The only reason he'd send the cash is because he knows he has us wrapped around his pinky finger and likes to manipulate us. :down

Daisy said:
Of course, because then we'd have to get off our butts and go out and buy the OT boxed set (well, at least expend a lot of energy typing). He should have just sent us the set instead of making us jump through hoops. The only reason he'd send the cash is because he knows he has us wrapped around his pinky finger and likes to manipulate us. :down

Sarcasm?:confused:

Daisy said:
I don't know what you are talking about. :o

Don't click the link in my signature!!! :mad:

Darthphere said:
Wow, you always post so cool that I didn't realize you were that naive. :o

For instance...When a, say, Daredevil DVD comes out, just the movie...and then months later, say, right around Christmas, the souped-up extravaganza limited super-special director's cut with deleted scenes and hours of in-depth extras version comes out...do you really think that that was what they really intended to release earlier, it's just that they wan owt of time.:(?, so, though it really pained 'em, they were forced to release just the movie, and then, by gum!, they busted ass night and day for all of that time to REALLY put together a worthwhile release!?

:rolleyes:

Making a profit is cool. No, it's AWEsome!:up:
Making one through deception is lame. No, pathetic and weasly.:down

Erzengel said:
I don't know what you are talking about. :o

Don't click the link in my signature!!! :mad:

I just realized that he should be sending a bunch of action figures and other collectors items as well as the box set, since he WAS prepared to send $1,000.

Then, maybe I could be satisfied. :up:

Of course if he sent me that 'Standing Vader' figure instead of the 'Striding Vader', I'd still be pissed. :mad:

I think I spent enough money to send one of his kids to college. :(

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Wow, you always post so cool that I didn't realize you were that naive. :o

For instance...When a, say, Daredevil DVD comes out, just the movie...and then months later, say, right around Christmas, the souped-up extravaganza limited super-special director's cut with deleted scenes and hours of in-depth extras version comes out...do you really think that that was what they really intended to release earlier, it's just that they wan owt of time.:(?, so, though it really pained 'em, they were forced to release just the movie, and then, by gum!, they busted ass night and day for all of that time to REALLY put together a worthwhile release!?

:rolleyes:

Making a profit is cool. No, it's AWEsome!:up:
Making one through deception is lame. No, pathetic and weasly.:down

If thats what you think thats fine. Lucas is in his evil underground layer thinking of how he can fool the fans next.

The Daredevil example is not that great either since they did release a Dirctors Cut that people like a lot more than the Theatrical cut.

Darthphere said:
If thats what you think thats fine. Lucas is in his evil underground layer thinking of how he can fool the fans next.

The Daredevil example is not that great either since they did release a Dirctors Cut that people like a lot more than the Theatrical cut.

mare like manipulate them.

and, well, yeah, pretty much, he is pretty business-savvy.

dpm07 said:
George Lucas is not a scumbag, unless your version or vision of a scumbag is a highly successful individual in his field. Lucas has demonstrated time after time that he has a way of getting people to see what he is going to do next, and then he is able to market his ideas to the people and the people flock to see his product like rats flock to see what people will feed them.
Hey Goldenrod, what is it about "deception" that you respect and admire?
He's a god damned f***ing liar.
I have no problem with him selling a black and white, a 3D, a version with a laugh-track, an upside-down version, an infra-red one, or whatever.
It's the fact that he LIES about it that makes him an ass****.
Can you understand that?...that this isn't jealousy? or being hypercritical, it's disliking a dishonest person? see?
Just like I hate Dick Cheney and Bush when they say the war is going smoothly, etc.
It's the DE-CEP-TION.

Erzengel said:
I think I spent enough money to send one of his kids to college. :(

To a fancy private one at that. :(

ha! "goldenrod"...shut up you complex color composition!

Woodward and Bernstein are *******s, they said they'd never release Deep Throats name....sons of *****es just to sell a book.

Daisy said:
To a fancy private one at that. :(
I'm not as bad as I use to be. I use to read all the books, buy all the action figures. Now I buy what I actually like instead of trying to complete a collection.

All though nothing says cool like having your own Han Solo Blaster. ::sigh::

Erzengel said:
I'm not as bad as I use to be. I use to read all the books, buy all the action figures. Now I buy what I actually like instead of trying to complete a collection.

All though nothing says cool like having your own Han Solo Blaster. ::sigh::

LOL!.....sigh.

If I could exploit you guys for endless amounts of cash - I'd do it in an instant.

I hope he releases digitally UN-enhanced versions of eps 1-3.

Darthphere said:

Dudette, are you not familiar with the term "double-dipping"? :confused:
They release a bare-bones version, wait a while, then release a better version. The time gap is VERY intentional. They have the other version ready to go, but it is intentionally with-held to maximize profits. However, they don't lie about this, they just never talk about it.

Lucas said vehemently and in COUNTless interviews ( I know because apparently I'm a bigger Star Wars Geek than you are, congrats:up: ) that fan demand was never going to be an issue. He was well aware of the outcry and made it very clear that he would not give in, that you'd never be able to get the crappy, vaseline-smeared versions legally on DVD.

Now you seem to think he just woke up all these years later and it FINALLY sunk in, "Whoah:confused:...derh...I think some fans might like the original version...duhhrrr....maybe I should release that.:mouth-breath:"

But in reality we all know that he intentionally lied about it, that makes him an ass****. Sorry if you can't handle the truth about this floppy-chinned saint of yours. :rolleyes:

Darthphere said:
Woodward and Bernstein are *******s, they said they'd never release Deep Throats name....sons of *****es just to sell a book.

You do remember that Deep Throat came forward on his own, right? Woodward and Bernstein just backed him up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"