Is it better the 2nd time around?

i liked it, havnt seen it again but i want to! i think it was a good entertaining movie.

It's possible I could be desensitized to most of the bad things, but this Deadpool garbage? I will never get over that. They took an orange and called it an apple. It's too big to get over.

I will probably go see it again tomorrow. I gave it 2 1/2 stars in my review I added to my site the night I came home from the theater.

I saw it for the 2nd time tonight, and definitely had a unique experience.

I saw it at a theater in NYC, which can get a little bizarre depending on the crowd. Just as the movie was starting, a little old man not unlike the lead character from that new Pixar movie starts slowly hobbling his way into the theater. I only noticed him at all because he was he taking forever to get to his seat and he was blocking my view.

During the opening scene with Stryker, at that shot of Liev with the rat on his shoulder, this guy starts muttering like a crazy person. He gets up, tells everyone "Sorry folks!" and then starts to slowly hobble his way back out of the theater.

As he's doing so, he's telling everyone "Did you see that? That guy had (BLEEP)ing RAT ON HIS SHOULDER!!" and continued to mutter obscenities about it as made his way out. And he was taking forever to leave, so everyone in the audience was just trying not to laugh. We could still hear him going on about as he headed out the door.

Once he left, the entire audience was like WTF and started laughing. It was crazy. The guy never came back - I'm convinced he's telling passerby in Times Square right now that the AMC on 42nd St has a rat problem.

I liked the movie the first time, and I liked it the 2nd time too. And I got the Deadpool ending this time, so now I've seen both. Yeah, parts of it are a bit of a mess, but it's a hell of an entertaining film for me, so it's all good. :up:

i definitely liked it more the second time around, i was surprised how much more. my issues the first time i saw it were the CGI and rushed pace of the plot, and despite still laughing at some of the graphics i enjoyed the pace much more the 2nd time around

*Looks again*
Nope... still sucks....

But I'm happy you people are reveling in mediocrity...
Movies used to be art ya know?

I saw it for the 2nd time tonight, and definitely had a unique experience.

I saw it at a theater in NYC, which can get a little bizarre depending on the crowd. Just as the movie was starting, a little old man not unlike the lead character from that new Pixar movie starts slowly hobbling his way into the theater. I only noticed him at all because he was he taking forever to get to his seat and he was blocking my view.

During the opening scene with Stryker, at that shot of Liev with the rat on his shoulder, this guy starts muttering like a crazy person. He gets up, tells everyone "Sorry folks!" and then starts to slowly hobble his way back out of the theater.

As he's doing so, he's telling everyone "Did you see that? That guy had (BLEEP)ing RAT ON HIS SHOULDER!!" and continued to mutter obscenities about it as made his way out. And he was taking forever to leave, so everyone in the audience was just trying not to laugh. We could still hear him going on about as he headed out the door.

Once he left, the entire audience was like WTF and started laughing. It was crazy. The guy never came back - I'm convinced he's telling passerby in Times Square right now that the AMC on 42nd St has a rat problem.

I liked the movie the first time, and I liked it the 2nd time too. And I got the Deadpool ending this time, so now I've seen both. Yeah, parts of it are a bit of a mess, but it's a hell of an entertaining film for me, so it's all good. :up:
LOL that was a funny story. :p

I don't understand why people think Wolverine has to be rated R. Snikt I'm not talking about you nessecarily, but that seems to be the general belief around the board.

Just because we aren't seeing blood and gore and dismembermant doesn't mean Wolverine isn't very obviously killing people when he pops those claws.

Granted somethings about the movie weren't what we were made out to think, but when people say what they were expecting, (a dark violent strictly Weapon X tale), you can still tell that story and have it be rated PG-13. In an ideal world with a great writer.

But anyway, back to the topic at hand, I haven't seen the movie again yet but I'm planning to maybe with my dad once I move back home for the summer.

As for me, at least, I would have been fine with a more hard-line pg-13. After all, TDK was PG-13, and it was brilliantly dark (if that makes sense. :p).

But yeah. The film as a whole needed a darker and grittier feeling, that's for sure.

And I'm probably going to see it a second time in the theaters later this week. We'll see if I like it more.

*Looks again*
Nope... still sucks....

Nope, not mediocrity. Quality. Shame that you can't see it.

Yes, the movie was much better for me the 2nd time around also.

For this movie to be quality it had to be better than or equal to X2...
Unfortunately it's slightly better than X3

For this movie to be quality it had to be better than or equal to X2...
Unfortunately it's slightly better than X3

No, it didn't

Because X2 is not the only movie in the world that is quality. Therefore, it is not the only definition of quality.

X-Men isn't as good as X2, but it's still quality.

I really just need to see it again. I always hate movies I've been looking forward to the first time I see them. I even hated each and every one of the LOTR films the first time I saw them, and they *are* epic, even for purist fans.

Back from second screening. Same feeling as before...mediocre, with a few entertaining moments, 99% of which involve Liev Schreiber, who I found myself missing this time during that big adamantium/Las Vegas gap where he isn't onscreen.

The special effects are inexcusably poor too, IMO. It's even more noticeable the second time because you can take time to examine scenes more.

*Looks again*
Nope... still sucks....

That's not fair.

While I didnt like it, that doesnt mean I dont enjoy stupid ass crap. I dont hate anyone for enjoying....I disagree...but I dont look down on them like they're stupid or anything.

That's not fair.

While I didnt like it, that doesnt mean I dont enjoy stupid ass crap. I dont hate anyone for enjoying....I disagree...but I dont look down on them like they're stupid or anything.

Good post!

I realize Wolverine isn't TDK, but it is a great movie to put in if I wanna realax and entertain myself to Wolverine slashing through people. Is it a great movie? No. Do I find it entertaining? yes. I probably would have liked it more if Deadpool was, well, Deadpool.

Good post!

I realize Wolverine isn't TDK, but it is a great movie to put in if I wanna realax and entertain myself to Wolverine slashing through people. Is it a great movie? No. Do I find it entertaining? yes. I probably would have liked it more if Deadpool was, well, Deadpool.
I dont think I would. DP was an issue...but not the biggest. I blame Skip Woods....I heard the Beniot...whatever his name was,'s script was good....FOX probably hired Skip to add more crap that wasnt needed into the movie...Deadpool, Gambit, and everyone else...

I dont think I would. DP was an issue...but not the biggest. I blame Skip Woods....I heard the Beniot...whatever his name was,'s script was good....FOX probably hired Skip to add more crap that wasnt needed into the movie...Deadpool, Gambit, and everyone else...

I agree the cameos are pointless, but if your gonna put Deadpool in the movie, make it Deadpool, not your own character with a comic chracter's name slapped on it.

The only one that was treated decently was Gambit...so if they wanted to throw Gambit in there, go for it. But we didnt need Blob, Zero, Lightbulb man...ect....

You know, I've been hard on the finished product, but I don't think so. David Beniof's script didn't feature Team X, Gambit, or any of that, but that's not neccessarily a good thing. Beniof's script actually opens about 20-25 minutes into WOLVERINE as it exists, and has a lot less depth overall. His Wolverine has no history with Victor, Team X, etc. Woods added stuff before that, so that Logan and Silverfox's life doesn't kick off the script, and he has a history with Team X and war ties, brotherhood and parting issues with Victor.

Skip Woods actually added more of ORIGINS, too. He added the intro with young James and young Victor, whereas Benioff's script just has Logan being bullied at a schoolyard in the fifties in a scene that brings to mind DAREDEVIL. The scene ends with the ridiculous "scream at the sky" bit that's also in WOLVERINE. It looks like Woods added "What I do isn't very nice." as well.

There's a scene where Logan fights a wolf and kills soldiers upon escaping
the Weapon X compound in Benioff's script.

Logan goes to a mutant underground club in Benioff's script instead of to New Orleans.

Benioff hinted that the Weapon X program is a later incarnation of the supersoldier program that created Captain America, which someone removed.

Woods added Wraith depth.

There are no kidnapped mutants in Benioff's script.

Instead of Weapon XI, there's "The eleven". Stryker's plot in Benioff's script is a ton of Sabertooth clones, many of whom Wolverine carves through.

The end of Benioff's script is Logan, alone in the Canadian wilderness, wandering off.

Quite frankly, David Benioff's dialogue isn't much better, and neither is his script. I hate to say it, but in the parts of Benioff's script that existed in the final film, Woods seems to have improved most of those scenes, adding more depth and more faithful elements.

I suspect someone ghostwrote this script who wasn't Skip Woods or Benioff. Because some of the cliche dialogye in the film...I just don't see that coming from Woods, who clearly added some of the better passages for Wraith and a lot of the deeper Weapon X/Sabertooth stuff.

Last edited:
Well it was someone. FOX always hires extra people. They hired Shane whatever his name is to "fix" AvP....the actual novel from Paul's script isnt nearly as bad as the finished product.

That's not fair.

Thank you.

I think early after the leak, I was kind of harsh on you because I felt you were dogging people who enjoyed the film. I've lately been proven wrong, and I apologize if I was ever harsh towards you.

You know, I've been hard on the finished product, but I don't think so. David Beniof's script didn't feature Team X, Gambit, or any of that, but that's not neccessarily a good thing. Beniof's script actually opens about 20-25 minutes into WOLVERINE as it exists, and has a lot less depth overall. His Wolverine has no history with Victor, Team X, etc. Woods added stuff before that, so that Logan and Silverfox's life doesn't kick off the script, and he has a history with Team X and war ties, brotherhood and parting issues with Victor.

Skip Woods actually added more of ORIGINS, too. He added the intro with young James and young Victor, whereas Benioff's script just has Logan being bullied at a schoolyard in the fifties in a scene that brings to mind DAREDEVIL. The scene ends with the ridiculous "scream at the sky" bit that's also in WOLVERINE. It looks like Woods added "What I do isn't very nice." as well.

There's a scene where Logan fights a wolf and kills soldiers upon escaping
the Weapon X compound in Benioff's script.

Logan goes to a mutant underground club in Benioff's script instead of to New Orleans.

Benioff hinted that the Weapon X program is a later incarnation of the supersoldier program that created Captain America, which someone removed.

Woods added Wraith depth.

There are no kidnapped mutants in Benioff's script.

Instead of Weapon XI, there's "The eleven". Stryker's plot in Benioff's script is a ton of Sabertooth clones, many of whom Wolverine carves through.

The end of Benioff's script is Logan, alone in the Canadian wilderness, wandering off.

Quite frankly, David Benioff's dialogue isn't much better, and neither is his script. I hate to say it, but in the parts of Benioff's script that existed in the final film, Woods seems to have improved most of those scenes, adding more depth and more faithful elements.

I suspect someone ghostwrote this script who wasn't Skip Woods or Benioff. Because some of the cliche dialogye in the film...I just don't see that coming from Woods, who clearly added some of the better passages for Wraith and a lot of the deeper Weapon X/Sabertooth stuff.

Nice analysis. I've never read Benoif's script, but from some of the things I've heard, what we got was a lot better.

Thank you.

I think early after the leak, I was kind of harsh on you because I felt you were dogging people who enjoyed the film. I've lately been proven wrong, and I apologize if I was ever harsh towards you.
Nah, it's cool.

No harm done. :word:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"