Is it time for another Die Hard Movie?

While I wish we'd get a sequel to The Fifth Element...I'd like to see another Die Hard...McClane vs terrorists obviously.

Ultimately, I'd agree that the rating doesn't define the Die Hard franchise. And the lack of swearing and blood is the least of the problems with LFoDH.

That said, John McClane isn't a suave guy who keeps his cool and watches his language at all times. He's an emotional, blue collar guy with a "colorful" way of expressing himself. And I don't fault anyone for noticing that LFoDH has dialogue that's "out of character" with the previously established John McClane. You wouldn't have James Bond speak with a Cockney accent, and McClane cleaning up his language is the opposite issue.

Oh, for a 5th movie, I wouldn't mind something going down at the College of his daughter while McClane and Holly are visiting. Maybe terrorists after material for a dirty bomb. Something like that.

Although I agree, I still think they need to keep the Yipee Ki-yay line. That's his signature line everyone knows from the Die Hard films. Like you said though, any other swearing isn't necessary though.

I agree and I think this is an issue about the need for change in the way they decide on the ratings, I mean if he says Yipee Ki Ya f**ker it stays PG-13m, but adds mother to the front and it's R rated.

This is an idea I would be down for. Stuck in a building, airport and help save New York and the US, the White House would be a nice place for a possible 5th film.

I think the Whitehouse would be a suitable book end for the franchise, given it places the great anti hero into the corridors of power

I like it that the Die Hard movies not only involves John McClane but dozens of supporting actors making the plot more bigger in scope.

But what else is there for John to do in a 5th movie, usually when a long running franchise has hit it's limits the writers concoct a story that takes the character to space.

Pinhead, Jason Vorhees, Leprechaun, James Bond have been to space, why not a Die Hard in space?

That said, John McClane isn't a suave guy who keeps his cool and watches his language at all times. He's an emotional, blue collar guy with a "colorful" way of expressing himself. And I don't fault anyone for noticing that LFoDH has dialogue that's "out of character" with the previously established John McClane. You wouldn't have James Bond speak with a Cockney accent, and McClane cleaning up his language is the opposite issue.

Oh, for a 5th movie, I wouldn't mind something going down at the College of his daughter while McClane and Holly are visiting. Maybe terrorists after material for a dirty bomb. Something like that.

welp, this is the best, and most true post in this thread.

Lets make James Bond a Itailian.

When John McClane starts to talk with a Polish accent then there'd be a true point, b/c there are many ways to cuss without the f bomb, some act as if it is the only cuss word in the book. :huh:

Is it? No...but that is what made his character "real". In that situation, no one will ever be as cool as James Bond. They'd be like

"HOLY **** **** ****ING ****! WHAT THE ****! THESE ****S ARE ****ING SHOOTING AT ME! HOLY ****!!!!!! AHHHH!!!"

Which is why McClane is different from any action hero. Because he feels real.

So cursing is what made him feel real?

Yes. It is.

If you disagree, you arent human. If I hurt myself, I'll curse like a mother. If i'm afraid, same thing.

So do most people as well. I'll never understand people who dont think that sometimes, rating is important. Never. Could you imagine Predator, or Alien, or Terminator, or freaking anything from the 80's PG-13? I couldnt. Some movies should be one rating, and some should be another.

Die Hard is a gritty, action series, which had no holds barred, violence. And a very real character.

I HATE to throw out the fact card, but cursing, smoking, and sarcastic one liners ARE apart of John's character. Fact. He was semi himself in LFODH...but he never tapped into his former self.

Slap it all you want. I hate this attitude I must resort to, but I know exacly what i'm talking about here. Fine you disagree, but I think you're wrong sir. I say it with uttermost respect.

What if they made Indy an R Rated character? That would be nothing like the character he is.

I mean you can all hate me for my view point...but it's not gonna change sirs. If a film is made to be an R-Rated action/horror movie...it should stay one. If it was made a PG action movie...it should stay a PG action movie. I cant stand change like that. It can ruin things.

I know...four post shabang, but I gotta chill with my parents for a bit. I will come back and discuss this with you fellas. Perhaps we can break down this series for ****s and giggles. :D

Happy New Year mother ****ers! :D

Slap it all you want. I hate this attitude I must resort to, but I know exacly what i'm talking about here. Fine you disagree, but I think you're wrong sir. I say it with uttermost respect.

What if they made Indy an R Rated character? That would be nothing like the character he is.

If they made Indy an R rated character he'd still be Indy b/c Indy is not defined by the language he uses, also people like McClane are supposed to be able to handle their **** when trouble hits, that's why they are trained and carry a badge, it's their job.

McClane killed people, he cussed minus the F bomb and was a sarcastic wise ass, all that was missing was some blood and a few F bombs, that is not what makes John McClane who he is and with all due respect I doubt Bruce Willis would think much of your view that all he created was Stone Cold Steve Austin with a gun.

I mean you can all hate me for my view point...but it's not gonna change sirs. If a film is made to be an R-Rated action/horror movie...it should stay one. If it was made a PG action movie...it should stay a PG action movie. I cant stand change like that. It can ruin things.
The same thing happened with Police Academy which was rated-R but the following awful sequels went to PG, how do you from R to PG?

Producers obvioulsy felt that kids were the main audience because of wacky cast of characters that they deviated from the raunchiness of the original to slapstick goofballs and finally the nail in the coffin came with the cartoon series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"