Your favourite Die Hard "inspired" movies

Not really a 'Die Hard' style movie. Awesome, though. :yay:

Yeah, that one's more like Surviving The Game with Ice T and Gary Busey (also a really good movie).

For the Die Hard knock offs, I don't know if I can add anything new. I remember there was one that STV movie that starred Anna Nicole Smith that was one of those "so bad it's good" kind of movies. I can't remember the movie's title, but I think the main villain was that pockmarked face guy who played the white FBI agent in the first Die Hard. It was basically "Die Hard at a beauty pageant".

Aside from the movie which started it all, my favorite Die Hard-esque movies are Die Hard 2, The Rock, Speed, and Under Siege (I'm still underwhelmed by the ending, but the whole movie up to that point was great).

Yeah, that one's more like Surviving The Game with Ice T and Gary Busey (also a really good movie).

For the Die Hard knock offs, I don't know if I can add anything new. I remember there was one that STV movie that starred Anna Nicole Smith that was one of those "so bad it's good" kind of movies. I can't remember the movie's title, but I think the main villain was that pockmarked face guy who played the white FBI agent in the first Die Hard. It was basically "Die Hard at a beauty pageant".

Aside from the movie which started it all, my favorite Die Hard-esque movies are Die Hard 2, The Rock, Speed, and Under Siege (I'm still underwhelmed by the ending, but the whole movie up to that point was great).

The Anna Nicole Smith one was called Skyscraper.

Speed is definitely on top for me!

16 Blocks and Speed.

I love Under Siege, Speed, The Rock and Con Air. Sudden Death is also pretty good.

Sudden Death (1995) (Fire Marshal Darren McCord takes on terrorists inside an hockey arena)

JCVD's Die Hard! Always thought this was one of his best films, Powers Boothe makes for a great villain.

Agent Red (2000) (U.S. Navy Officer Matt Hendricks battles terrorists in a Russian submarine)

I had to look this one up and low and behold Dolph had his own Die Hard. :D

Speed. I've always had a soft spot for that movie.

Love that film, it made Sandra Bullock into America's sweetheart and the scene where Traven goes under the bus to try and diffuse the bomb is still one of the coolest ever IMO.

1.Speed
2.Air Force One
3.Broken Arrow

Great picks Hunter. I didn't know anyone else liked Cliff Hanger. One of Stallone's best. The Rock is good too. Michael Bay's best probably. Lots of love for Air Force One. I always like Ford's movies, but tossing in Gary Oldman as a villain, and yep, its another great one.

I'd have to say Speed as my favorite DH inspired film. I've always loved Speed, and I've got it on dvd. Maybe even one of my favorite movies.

Then probably Broken Arrow. Another great action movie. Travolta plays a great villain.

Third would have to be Con Air. A great action movie, and to me it's one of Cage's best movies.

Under Seige is a great addition too.

^ Cliffhanger is awesome. John Lithgow is a fantastic villain.

I really like Broken Arrow, too.

Con Air is the last great 'old school' action film, imo.

Toy Soldiers NO LOVE:huh:

That's totally connected to Die Hard for me!

When I saw the original Die Hard in the theater, they had to stop the movie just as Bruce Willis was about to confront Alan Rickman because the sound went out. Then the sound came back on, but the movie didn't. By the time they got it sorted out, Alan Rickman was falling from the building. We got to see the rest of the movie, but people were pissed! :doh:

When I saw Toy Soldiers, the projector broke down about halfway through and they couldn't get it restarted. :doh:

Both times, we got free passes and we just came back the next night to see it again.

And Toy Soldiers was really good, I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did. Die Hard in the movie theater was spectacular. :up:

But my favorite Die Hard-type movie is definitely Speed.

Great picks Hunter. I didn't know anyone else liked Cliff Hanger. One of Stallone's best. The Rock is good too. Michael Bay's best probably. Lots of love for Air Force One. I always like Ford's movies, but tossing in Gary Oldman as a villain, and yep, its another great one.

I'd have to say Speed as my favorite DH inspired film. I've always loved Speed, and I've got it on dvd. Maybe even one of my favorite movies.

Then probably Broken Arrow. Another great action movie. Travolta plays a great villain.

Third would have to be Con Air. A great action movie, and to me it's one of Cage's best movies.

Under Seige is a great addition too.

When I look at Speed and how great it was, it's hard to figure that Jan De Bont went on to never make another good film again.

Broken Arrow is underrated, the full Wooness was not unleashed on the West until Face/Off but Broken Arrow is a quality action flick.

I love Con Air, Malkovich is a great villain and I'll always love the line "On any other day, that would seem strange" as Poe watches the car hanging off the back of the plane. :D

Jan De Bont also directed 'Twister', which is pretty good, imo. Not as good as 'Speed', of course. That's a masterpiece. :yay:

Another pretty cool Die Hard inspired film was The Negotiator, it was an interesting twist with the hero actually holding the hostages in the building. Sam Jackson and Kevin Spacey were both great in it.

David Hasselhoff's Die Hard.

[YT]U43N8wVq4eE[/YT]

True Lies. One man army, a feisty wife, a behind-the-scenes partner, and high rise set pieces.

Last edited:
I love Cliffhanger. I think that movie is so underrated.

The other movie that immediately came to mind was Con Air.

Just thought I'd bump this ye old thread and see if there are any new additions to this topic. :D

I guess you can add Olympus Has Fallen and White House Down to the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"