Sequels Is Jeff Wadlow up to the task of making a good X-force movie?

Jane Goldman and Vaughn had their go with the script as well. There's plenty of his work on showcase for FC.

I guess so, yep. It did have some very Vaughn moments. I wonder if he will direct another X-Men movie.

I don't think so, but he did bail on X3 and came back to First Class.

I still wonder what the full reason of him leaving DOFP was. I'm guessing it was mostly for control over a project. I don't see why he couldn't have waited for Secret Service post DOFP.

Last edited:
He would probably direct another X-Men movie, if FOX or the producers asked him and if he has nothing to do. But I think Matthew Vaughn is NOT that invested with the X-Men series. He bailed out for X3, and now for DOFP.

since I call the wolverine better than first class yeah I think mangold did better.

Bryan Singer never had a deal In place to do X3 Vaughn did for DOFP,and he had co-written
script.All signs are pointing to vaughn deciding he would rather do secret service than DOFP.It should be noted before someone tries to turn this into antifox thread Vaughn Is
doing secret service at fox and come abouad as producer of FF.

Vaughn was apart of the creation for The Secret Service comic as well so it makes more then perfect sense why he wants to make it. On the other side, First Class was very well received and DOFP is a huge project that will rake up more cash the Service. UNless this was his only window to make Secret Service there has to be another reason why Vaughn would pass up the chance for a film as big as DOFP. He could have just passed on DOFP from the start. Something changed his mind.

Pretty sure he owns the rights to Service with Millar so that project was never going anywhere else.

Last edited:
I believe in interviews it was said that if vaughn took on secret service he would have to start straight away and lets be honest vaughn wanted to do a james bond style film so much that he brought some of that to Xmen first class so chances are thats why given the chance he jumped on to secret service, but he is still a producer on DOFP and F4

vaughn may have taken a few liberties here and there but he did a great job with FC, he brought a fresh approach to the film while staying pretty faithful to singers vision, alot more closer then Origins did, even replicating the first scene from X-men step by step

vaughn has never kept it a secret that he is bitter about X3 though

Last edited:
vaughn may have taken a few liberties here and there but he did a great job with FC, he brought a fresh approach to the film while staying pretty faithful to singers vision, alot more closer then Origins did, even replicating the first scene from X-men step by step

Agreed. Loved First Class. Wish some of the action was better but otherwise very little complaints. He's been my favorite Director in the franchise.

Hmmm I prefer Matthew Vaughn's work over James Mangold's work. But they are both solid directors!

I don't think so, but he did bail on X3 and came back to First Class.

I still wonder what the full reason of him leaving DOFP was. I'm guessing it was mostly for control over a project. I don't see why he couldn't have waited for Secret Service post DOFP.

Vaughn probably didn't want to be away filming overseas for months. He managed to make a lot of First Class in the UK, where he lives, so it meant minimal disruption to family life. Maybe he doesn't like being away from his family for long periods. Or perhaps he doesn't like these massive blockbuster productions and prefers things that are on a smaller scale.

Jeff Wadlow is no Joss Whedon.

Joss Whedon also wrote TOY STORY.

Considering Fox's ability to make surprise announcements, who knows. Perhaps we will get it after Wolverine 3.

I'm waiting for Fox to announce one more movie this year. I mean, there are 3 in 2016 and only one confirmed to 2017. Two if you count FF2. I guess there will be at least one more movie in 2017.

I'm waiting for the announcement.

I'm waiting for Fox to announce one more movie this year. I mean, there are 3 in 2016 and only one confirmed to 2017. Two if you count FF2. I guess there will be at least one more movie in 2017.

I'm waiting for the announcement.

I'm holding out hope it's a Storm led X-Men film with Mystique as the main bad girl

Wonder Woman in 2017 and Captain Marvel in 2018. I would say a Storm solo movie with her leading the X-Men and with the Morlocks as the villains.

Wonder Woman in 2017 and Captain Marvel in 2018. I would say a Storm solo movie with her leading the X-Men and with the Morlocks as the villains.
@Lip

Phil-Thumbs-Up.gif

Last heard is that the first draft of the script was finished but it 'went into limbo' when Apocalypse was announced.

My guess is we probably won't know anything until after Deadpool. It could well be out the picture now but if Deadpool's a hit they will probably bring it back into the picture, they could even have a XF teaser after the Deadpool credits.

Last heard is that the first draft of the script was finished but it 'went into limbo' when Apocalypse was announced.

Maybe Apocalypse will set something up.

And yes, I also want Jon Hamm as Cable.

How old should the Cable actor be though? I think over 35 under 40 at the time of casting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"