Iron Man Is Robert Downey Jr. a good choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a great choice for Iron Man. I think hes going to be great as Tony Stark and Iron Man. I can't wait to hear more casting.

The announcement really took me by surprise. I have no doubt in my mind that Downey can pull it off. He's a very talented actor.

Therefore YES!!! :up:

I was certainly surprised by the pick. It took a moment to really sink in, but yeah, it's a good choice. Robert Downey Jr.'s looked upon as a rather a fantastic actor; and that, coupled with his rather strong likeness to Tony Stark, I'm happy with the decision.

ironmanmovie1.jpg

He has potantial.

There's no doubt that he's a great actor. I was and still am surprised by the casting but there is definately potential. In all honesty, I'd never consider Downey in the role but seeing as he's been cast I'll wait and see whas in stote before writing him off as bad casting or hailing him as perfect but this is very interesting....

I personally DONT think it is a good choice. IMO they needed someone at least 5 years younger who could carry a possible trilogy. If all goes well, by the time they finish a trilogy on this Downey Jnr will be over 50 years old!!!!!

A good choice, yes. A perfect choice, no. I prefer Tom Cruise.

Too early to say. Because that's the same opinion I gave when it came for Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne, which later I was pleasantly relieved.

I think he's a very talented actor, and he can pull off a convincing lady-killer smoothness on screen.

I'm just saddened by the fact that everybody keeps jumping on his history of substance abuse. I mean, let the guy try and overcome. He hasn't dropped out of Hollywood to fry his brain. He's no Ricky Williams (Miami Dolphins). He seems to be making a genuine effort to make good decisions in his career.

great, great choice. RDJ is probably one of the best american actors today and very charismatic...and of course he is a way better choice than tom cruise

I voted "It's too early to tell". Because, while he's a pretty good actor (though better in comedic acting if you ask me), he doesn't really have the look I'd expect someone that plays Tony Stark to have.

I voted too early to tell. He doesn't really look how imagined Stark, but I've never seen him in a movie before.

I think it is too early to tell. i mean, it depends on how is he going to do his work, on the story they choose to tell, of the Tony Stark they choose to tell! It depends on so many things, but I trust this production and I think they'll do a really great work.

Theres no doubt he is a talented actor, he was great in Natural Born Killers, but i just think he is too old.

They should cast Sam Jackson as Rhodes now so we can have a lead in it as well

Sam Jackson is too busy he has 68 movies in production.

I voted Yes, I think we can all agree, that his his talent is limitless, he wasn't on my list, simply because I never thought of him, it took me by surprise as it did many who have posted, but after giving it thought, I like the casting.
The problems I have are simply, can he keep himself straight, personally, I truely believe, he is one of Hollywoods most talented actors, but his personal life has derailed many comebacks.
Second, can he pull off being a superhero, he will need to do stunt work and action scene's.
Other than that, Robert is a very good choice and one I will support.

OUTSTANDING CHOICE!! He's a very talented actor, he's got the look, and he's gone through his own demons in his life.

This put a smile on my face. Downey Jr'.s a fantastic choice in my opinion.

The first movie isn't even filming yet and people are worrying at the chances of a trilogy might be affected because of his age, good grief.

Again, FANTASTIC news.

I voted too early...He's a good actor, but I'm not sure how this project is looking to play out. This is Hollywood, so he can get the full amount of "pampering" to deliver on the role, but it's a question of how the plot fleshes out. I'm concerned about who plays Mandarin now...they are probably not going for a young fresh face now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"