Comics Is Silk really that popular?

Hobgoblin

Veritas veritatum
Reaction score
She seems like a character that gets more exposure than her popularity would suggest. She was part of a popular story about three or four years ago, but her character was unceremoniously dropped immediately after it finished. It frustrated me because there was so much build up between her and Peter as a couple, almost beyond their control, and then she was gone and never spoken of again. I know she had a brief series where she took on Black Cat but it seemed like one of those titles that was destined to fail. It was a throw away that no one asked for.

Silk still shows up in fan art and cosplays. I guess she was in Homecoming and may be getting her own movie. I have nothing against the character, I’m just very surprised.

She seems like a character that gets more exposure than her popularity would suggest. She was part of a popular story about three or four years ago, but her character was unceremoniously dropped immediately after it finished. It frustrated me because there was so much build up between her and Peter as a couple, almost beyond their control, and then she was gone and never spoken of again. I know she had a brief series where she took on Black Cat but it seemed like one of those titles that was destined to fail. It was a throw away that no one asked for.

Silk still shows up in fan art and cosplays. I guess she was in Homecoming and may be getting her own movie. I have nothing against the character, I’m just very surprised.

I always thought of her as unnecessary. Aside from Spider-Verse, she didn't really have a purpose. Spider-Gwen has a point to her aside from Spider-Verse. She has her own supporting cast, world, villains...Silk was basically a one arc character that Slott and company left to whither on the vine. She could have been cool, but she wasn't. Either way, if they throw her in the Spider-Verse Ladies sequel they are talking about doing, then look for her to suddenly be starring in 20 titles or so.

Silk is one of those characters, in a long line, that Slott created that is more or less a complete throwaway. You could remove her entirely and honestly I don't think anyone would really miss her or care. And really that's because Slott sucks as a writer. He can't write an interesting character.

If she were given to a capable writer I think that might change. Like for instance if Nick Spencer brought her into ASM I'd be inclined to believe he'd not only fix the poor choices that were made he'd also improve upon her as a character.

Did Dan create her though? She was part of Original Sin.
I don't remember who that writer was.
I do think her being bitten by the same spider and having different powers was dumb, but the premise of the spider biting someone else was good.
I liked Cindy.
But it's hard to find her run.
If a better writer comes along, she could be a good character.

Or Annie

Did Dan create her though? She was part of Original Sin.
I don't remember who that writer was.
I do think her being bitten by the same spider and having different powers was dumb, but the premise of the spider biting someone else was good.
I liked Cindy.
But it's hard to find her run.
If a better writer comes along, she could be a good character.

Yes, Dan Slott created Cindy Moon. Along with Ramos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"