Homecoming Is Spider-woman now a possibility?

The Infernal

Mky Mk
Reaction score
In light of the MCU/Spidey deal I'm wondering if Spider-woman as either a stand alone Sony produced solo film or as part of a future iteration of Avengers (or even in SHIELD) is a possibility. I can't help but think a Spider-woman solo MCU film from Sony would be a much stronger candidate as a spin-off movie. Personally I never thought Black Cat could carry a film herself and I really struggle to think of other readily recognisable female characters that could star in a female lead Spider-man spin-off.

What do others think? Could the deal mean the possibility of seeing Jessica Drew/Spider-woman in the MCU is increased?

Are we talking Spider woman in the cinematic universe or maybe a netflix appearance? I see that being more likely down the road.

Hmmmm I wonder why we haven't seen her yet? :shr:

Because there are several more important characters that they want to do first. There are lots of characters we haven't seen yet. Where's Wonder Man? Where's She-Hulk? Where's Nova? Where's Tigra? We aren't even getting Captain Marvel and Black Panther until the very end of Phase 3 and they are more popular and important than Jessica Drew.

Last edited:
Dude, Jessica Drew was never a Sony property.

Didn't say she was. But Marvel until now would have had a much more problematic time trying to introduce a spider themed supehero, even if she isn't strictly speaking a Spider-man character.

Tatiana Maslany for Jessica Drew please! :woot:

Because there are several more important characters that they want to do first. There are lots of characters we haven't seen yet. Where's Wonder Man? Where's She-Hulk? Where's Nova? Where's Tigra? We aren't even getting Captain Marvel and Black Panther until the very end of Phase 3 and they are more popular and important than Jessica Drew.

None of that is relevant to why we haven't really seen her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"