Sequels Is Spidey leaving the MCU after the Homecoming Sequel? :(

^ nice read. I do think they're just setting up for negotiations but it's way early in the process to even make the remarks about it. Could be she's just drumming up controversy for controversy's sake because it keeps the movie in the public eye.

The whole thing with Black Cat, Sable, and Venom is just ugh. Sony needs to learn to be grateful for the fact that they could work something out with Marvel, and look to enhance that relationship. What they're doing is just making the fanboys angry.

Yup Sony cant turn around. Fanboys will inevitably complain.

Which is why dont make the deal if you want to make more movies.

Sony is so stupid that I can see them taking back Spider-Man to try to jam him into their own cinematic universe. I think Venom and Black Cat are trying to set up that universe for this purpose. But if Sony is smart, they will cancel their stupid idea and let Spider-Man continue in MCU.

Box office performance will play a big role obviously, for both Homecoming and the spinoffs. The worst case scenario is HC underperforming against internal expectations and the spinoffs over-performing.

Box office performance will play a big role obviously, for both Homecoming and the spinoffs. The worst case scenario is HC underperforming against internal expectations and the spinoffs overperforming.
If the spinoffs overperform, they've officially lost the incentive to keep Spidey in the MCU when they could just make more of them and maintain those movie rights. If Spider-Man Homecoming performs well or overperforms, it most likely still wouldn't be enough to keep Sony away from making these spinoffs given they get zilch out of that merchandising pie.

If the spinoffs overperform, they've officially lost the incentive to keep Spidey in the MCU when they could just make more of them and maintain those movie rights. If Spider-Man Homecoming performs well or overperforms, it most likely still wouldn't be enough to keep Sony away from making these spinoffs given they get zilch out of that merchandising pie.
Like I said in another thread, if Sony sells of Columbia I wonder what happens to the film rights? Sony purchased them, but they'd have no use for them without a studio. Do they hold onto them and sell them back to Disney, do they go with Columbia to it's new owner? I have a hard time believing the latter could happen, but things are so uncertain on many levels. First thing that need to happen is HC being a well-received hit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"