Which ending woyld you prefer for Spider-Man 3.

gamemiester

Civilian
Reaction score
You probably will dislike both but if these were the options what would you choose to see. Not going into perfect detail

1. Theres a big fight in church Black Spideman loses the symbiote, because of that all the hits hes taken from Sandman has worn him down he cant do anything.

You see Eddie get symbiote, cut to Sandman just about to kill Spidey then Venom pops up he takes a bite out of Sandman he dies then he looks at Spidey and growls PPPPAAARRKKERRR then it finishes or...

2. Theres a big fight in church Black Spiderman loses the symbiote, because of that all the hits hes taken from Sandman has worn him down he cant do anything.

You see Eddie get symbiote, cut to cops arriving Sandman then runs away. Spidey then goes to follow him he hears a scream then he sees him dead on floor and a shadowy figure swinging off in distance.

With no 2 you wouldnt see Venom but yoou know he'll be in no 4 and becasuse you wont see him you have something to look forward to when 4 comes out.

i like the first one better.

I posted my detailed plot similar to the ending of the first scenario... (I think everyone here should come up with a detailed plot on the "How willl SM3 unfold thread" and we will see who is closest...if you have the time to write one up that is...) anyway... I think the end will be Sandman Spidey.... Sandman thinks Spidey kills his daughter (but really it was Brock who sets Spidey up as the murderer of Flint's daughter after he gets the symbiate)... I think Venom then kills Sandman after Flint uncovers the truth... Venom is about to finish Spidey off until GG2 sacrifices himself for his best friend... Venom is dead or badly injured... appearing in SM5/6 if alive...

I prefer the second scenerio. Venom should be scary. And nothing is scarier then not knowing what it is that got the other villian.

Especially if Sandman is beaten as easily as your scenerios depict. That would show that whoever did it is a lot more powerful then Spider-man.

And you would have no clue who/what it is, which could set up for the sequel with perhaps new cast/crew, and they wouldn't even have to use venom if they didn't want to. (Cue angry fanboys).

I personally think they won't use Brock as a setup because I believe Raimi and the writers want to provide some closure due to the uncertainty beyond this movie...

DroolingforGwen said:
I personally think they won't use Brock as a setup because I believe Raimi and the writers want to provide some closure due to the uncertainty beyond this movie...

agreed :up:

I prefer the second ending. The first one just kinda ends,and then we would have to wait another 2-3 years just to see what happens at that part.

i prefer the first... allthough i don't like them at all. i wouldn't like venom killing sandman...

Well it is Venom that kills Sandman in the comics because he bites him and takes out a huge chunk and he dies.

First one is better... but I think Venom will fight, not just scream Parker's name and end the movie like that.

I really hope he isnt a baddy for the last 5 mins of number 3 but he is a baddy for all of number 4.

I suppose 1 would be ok if Venom was a shadow you couldnt see then he loomed over Spiderman then finishes because you still wouldnt see him.

neither. i dont want a cliffhanger. but i prefer 2 out of those 2

If this is potentially Raimi's last Spider-man film why would he end it on a cliffhanger? It doesn't make sense.

what I want is for the suit to be broken off with about 40 minutes of film left. SPiderman sees on the news that sandman is running amok still and goes to fight him, when he arrives venom is fighting sandman and destoys him then dissappears. Since I think gwen stacy is brocks love interest and being stolen by parker he has it out for spiderman. Venom should be an anti-hero with hatred for spiderman, and this shows when he kidnaps both mj and stacy to get peter out to fight. Fight happens, stacy dies, gg2 sacrifices self but it seperates brock and symbiote. Brock upset about what has happened (death of stacy) he tells the police it was him and goes to jail. Ends with symbiote searching for new host. Think how cool it would be if the last scene is spiderman swinging but goes far away from camera to show the symbiote slithering around looking for a host. This would end goblin story and leave venom open. I really cant see the studio okaying raimi killing off venom with only a part in the movie, hes too popular and executives like money and hype why kill off a character that can bring both of those. Hell a venom spinoff would be bankable.

but if I had to choose one of the two Id take #2.

Neither ending works. You guys have to forget about these comic book cliffhanger endings. Comic books come out a month apart. These movies come out 2-3 years apart. They would never end them with a cliffhanger. These are not like Star Wars films telling galaxy-spanning epics. Venom might be great shakes to comic book fans, but he's just another villain to get his ass kicked to the general audience.

Dragon said:
Neither ending works. You guys have to forget about these comic book cliffhanger endings. Comic books come out a month apart. These movies come out 2-3 years apart. They would never end them with a cliffhanger. These are not like Star Wars films telling galaxy-spanning epics. Venom might be great shakes to comic book fans, but he's just another villain to get his ass kicked to the general audience.

^:up:

Damn both endings kind of suck... But I'd pick one with a modification...

1. Theres a big fight in church Black Spideman loses the symbiote, because of that all the hits hes taken from Sandman has worn him down he cant do anything.

You see Eddie get symbiote, cut to Sandman just about to kill Spidey then Venom pops up he takes a bite out of Sandman he dies then he looks at Spidey and growls PPPPAAARRKKERRR, and he leaves Spiderman there.. He jumps off into the night... Parker wakes up, and notices a defeated Sandman...Sandman is taken into custody.. Wondering what happend. and whatever other loose ends gets tight up.. Except somewhere in Bronx NYC... In a run down apartment.... Super Dark,, and you see Eddie Brock turn into Venom.. what you mostly see is that sinister smile... Fade to Black...

Dragon said:

I would not want it to be a cliffhanger for that exact reason... The Matrix, and Lord of the Rings came out exactly one year apart almost to the day. Spiderman is a different story. They cant leave it as a cliff hanger. The Goblin ending in part 2 was pretty interesting, but it was not apart of the Story.. And Fans already saw the Goblin, they werent anticipating the Goblin. It was a very pleasant surprise! Fans would be pretty disapointed if they look forward to see Venom and you just see a little cut of him at the end. Naahh,,, NAHH MAN they wont do me like that!!!!-- mannn, you know somethin, where's my symbiote?? I'm going huntin tonight!!

I'd prefer to not see much of Venom at all. A few sightings and an indication of his upcoming appearance for the next movie.

That would be ideal.

Personally, I hope they have parker at a church, contemplating what the symbiote is doing to him, (maybe after he almost killed marko or harry). Realizes brock is taking pictures of him, and webs him up. After realizing that the symbiote is hurt by the bells of the church, it's weak enough that he can fight it off. Then have the end of the movie as either the symbiote covering brock, or have him turn into venom and we get a small glimpse of him swearing revenge on spiderman. (like the TAS). Not everything has to be shown. the movies span years in between, and we don't see every villian spidey has fought. even if there's a cliffhanger, and venom isn't used in the next movie, people can assume he either was already beaten, or hasn't struck yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"