Spider-Man 2 WTF?!? Moments

Goldenage Batman

More Hated then Feared
Reaction score
Now I made this thread for people who've seen SM2 at moments and wondered "WTF?"... parts that don't seem to make much sense...Or "this shoundn't be"...like this part...

Spidey and Ock are fighting in the bank...Ock throws a bag of gold coins at Spidey...Spidey catches it and slings it back at Ock hitting him...Ock then slams into the wall a few feet behind him...and smashes the wall..
All right nothing odd there but what was odd was that later in the fight when Spidey knocks Ock out of the bank into a parked taxi....and not a scratch is made in the taxi...no dents no busted up windows nothing...WTF?

I think you need to watch that part again. The door was dented in, and the window on it was smashed. You can get a proper look at it when Ock get's up off his knees after he slams into it.

The only major WTF moment I had was how Harry knew where Ock's lair was. Stupid plot hole.

EDIT: Here you go. Dented door can be seen here:

doc_ock.jpg

When Ock first hits the cab nothing happens is what I'm talking about...I rewatched it three times to make sure that when I did this thread I wouldn't look like a jerk(no thanks to you:o).....also another WTF moments is also another Ock moment...

When Ock leaves the hostpital a Taxi(What is it with taxis and this guy?:))
almost runs him down....but the arms save him by throwing the taxi up in the air...now here's my WTF?...The taxi looks like it's about hit the ground on it's top with no cars around it...but it cuts to it smashing a parked taxi with it's bottom...???

Spidey flying through that tunnel-walk way during the train fight and landing on Ock. That was just sloppy.

What about Peter slinging that little girl, the way he did, in the fire scean:whatever:....

My WTF moment happened when I saw a thread where people are discussing the flaws in a comic book movie about a kid who gets the powers of a spider and becomes a crime fighter.

Goldenage Batman said:
When Ock first hits the cab nothing happens is what I'm talking about

Then you should have been more specific in the first place. And the cab door still got dented when he hit it. You just can't see it because his body is blocking it:

smash55yg.gif

When Ock leaves the hostpital a Taxi(What is it with taxis and this guy?:))
almost runs him down....but the arms save him by throwing the taxi up in the air...now here's my WTF?...The taxi looks like it's about hit the ground on it's top with no cars around it...but it cuts to it smashing a parked taxi with it's bottom...???

59.jpg

I see some cabs driving up just ahead. Could have been one of those that it hit. Though personally, I never noticed any of this while watching the movie. I would hardly call these little nitpicks 'Wtf moments'.

Goldenage Batman said:
What about Peter slinging that little girl, the way he did, in the fire scean:whatever:....

He was hanging on the edge of the crumbling floor with one hand, and holding a child in the other. What did you expect him to do?? Drop her?? Climb up with one hand?? :whatever:

Besides, she wasn't hurt. Why?? Because he didn't throw her a huge distance or height. It was just above him onto the floor.

No. The big wtf was when Peter grabs hold of the door knob to the room which was on fire. I mean seriusly, that was just stupid.

I thought he smashed the wall behind him when the money bag hit him because the impact of the bag and his tentacals on his back.:confused:

The smash in the wall was a bit bigger than it should have been though...

Does it matter? Really?

It's not noticeable at all and the fact you were not able to notice it for sure the first time you watched it proves that it is not a WTF moment at all.

It's a complete visual thing too, not even a plot related matter. The whole fact that you created a discussion slowing down the footage asking why they didn't actually use Alfred Molina's body to disfigure the car is just dumb.

The only one I had was when Aunt May caught herself on an angel with an umbrella, I was like "Sam....really? C'mon, let's tone it down now Sam," and fortunately I feel he did after that.

Really I enjoyed it thoroughly though and think we all would be nitpickers to continue to just find little things like that about it. It's a good movie and if you have a few problems here or there (or if you think its a bad movie but like a few aspects of it) what's the point of dwelling on it then?

matthooper said:
My WTF moment happened when I saw a thread where people are discussing the flaws in a comic book movie about a kid who gets the powers of a spider and becomes a crime fighter.
LOL

but seriously i dont think a few little continuity errors should qualify as wtf moments OH MY GOD THERE WASNT A DENT BUT NOW THERE IS!! OH MY GOD THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END!!

This isn't a WTF thread, it's a nitpick thread.

and there are plenty of aspects one could nitpick over and i'm sure the majority have been covered in their own threads over the years.

so i don't get the point in gathering those old topics up in this thread to discuss about again

:confused:

the whole movie was a WTF moment for me. i only saw it once and that was to many times.
Gee whiz I can wish my powers away so I cann have Maryjane. Oh no I forget with great power comes blah blah. I better take my mask off in the middle of downtown. No one will care.
They should have called this movie Peter Parker. If I wanted to see Tobey Mcguire falling in love and being a schmuck for two hours I would have renter the cider house rules.
there I feel better now.

After Ock throws the taxi on top of the other taxi, he turns and faces the camera.... he stares for a good 6 seconds... It veers from reality and I'm like "wtf" every time I see it.

My WTF moment is when Pete swings off holding MJ (At the end, after Doc Ock destroys the machine) and where did the webbing stick to so Peter could webswing? :o

Ebil Gig said:
My WTF moment is when Pete swings off holding MJ (At the end, after Doc Ock destroys the machine) and where did the webbing stick to so Peter could webswing? :o

That crane thing he made the web on that he and MJ chatted on.

matthooper said:
So my WTF moment is pretty valid then : it is evidently the chocolate cake scene. I mean, WTF!!!!????? Even when I watch again SM2 from beginning until the end can't stop the WTF I had in mind at that particular point of the movie. But I don't wan't to start a pointless debate on this, I'm just raising an opinion here.

Mr 7000+ said:
Spidey flying through that tunnel-walk way during the train fight and landing on Ock. That was just sloppy.

I actually liked that, however not-possible it may have been. (Although I think it would have been cool if he'd spun a quick web and trampolined back into Ock's face, but hey.)

DACrowe said:
The only one I had was when Aunt May caught herself on an angel with an umbrella, I was like "Sam....really? C'mon, let's tone it down now Sam," and fortunately I feel he did after that.

/signed

My biggest WTF moment in both spiderman 1 and 2, is why the hell does every parent forget their child in a burning building. First its the baby in the first one, then its the asian girl in the second one. Man Bad Parenting.

The extended cut of Spider-Man 2 is a wtf moment. I mean really what was the point of that extended cut ?

The extended cut of Spider-Man 2 is a wtf moment. I mean really what was the point of that extended cut ?

Excellent point...
And, might I add, How the f does Harry know about Ock's hiding place? No way would I tell Harry if I was Ock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"