Has it been confirmed?

ShadowBoxing said:
Brock dies...Venom does not. Most likely the next movie will use the end as a cataylst for a Carnage Saga.

Venom isn't Venom without Brock. He's something else.

deaths in comic book movies is what kills the energy of a comic book movie franchise. look at X Men 3 even though its' not confirmed that Cyke, Jean and Xavier die but i think there was still some disappointed fans. so whether hero or villain no one should die and in the Marvel Universe no one really dies. I don't think Doc Ock died plus there was talks of him returning with Alfred Molina. He said he would consider doing it again. But like the 1990 Batman movie Joker is introduced then he dies??? The movie was good but WTF?? Same thing happened in Spidey 1 and 2 kinda. Why can't the villains just live on like Magneto.

Doc Ock said:
I know the character from the Q&A. I know what I saw from the comic con footage. It's the same basic Brock. Blames Spider-Man for his own loserness, becomes Venom, goes after Spidey.

I've read you make this argument elsewhere on the Spidey forums, Ock, and I find it interesting that you feel so strongly against Venom. I totally see where you're coming from--he's not a compelling villain because the tradgedies are all in his head, but that's what makes Venom work: he's a villain/threat because he's out of his mind.

That's the Joker's M.O., and it works for Batman. Just think of Venom and Spidey's Joker. A villain because he's nuts.

DocLathropBrown said:
I've read you make this argument elsewhere on the Spidey forums, Ock, and I find it interesting that you feel so strongly against Venom. I totally see where you're coming from--he's not a compelling villain because the tradgedies are all in his head, but that's what makes Venom work: he's a villain/threat because he's out of his mind.

But there's a huge difference between Joker and Venom. Joker actually has a valid reason to lose his mind. Not only is he physically scarred beyond recognition of his former self, but he actually has a tragic background, as was suggested in the Killing Joke. He was a failed comedian who's pregnant wife was killed in a tragic accident.

Brock's motivations are pathetic. He blames Spider-Man for his own screw ups, when anyone with half a brain can see his failings are his own fault. All he lost was a job.

I don't find that a very compelling motivation for a villain.

Just think of Venom and Spidey's Joker. A villain because he's nuts.

God no. Venom is not fit to lick Joker's shoes IMO :joker: :cwink:

I never cared for Brock either (and he definitely isn't anything like Joker), but with Raimi's touch, I'm sure Venom will work in the films. I just hope that he doesn't die. I mean, despite my feelings, fans have been waiting for this. To only have him appear for like 10 (maybe 15) minutes is just dumb.

DocLathropBrown said:
Raimi's a smart cookie. He hated Venom before he opened his eyes and researched the character: saw the potential (he said so himself). I would be very surprised if Venom dies in 3... he'll probably be defeated and shipped off to prison, or mysteriously disappear. The menace of Venom deserves more than half a movie to explore.

Worst case scenario, Brock dies and the Symbiote gets away, or, a'la the comics, the Symbiote "dies" and Brock's arrested. Raimi could then easily have the Symbiote regenerate at some point in the future.

thats what i was thinking, maybe at the end of sm3 the symbiote crawls away from brocks dead body and were left at a clif hanger ware the symbiote latches onto to his new vicim which would be angalo fortunato (forgot how to spell is name)

or brock dosnt die and hes left for sm4.

i highly duobt he'll get killed.

Venom will only get few minutes of screen time..and he gets killed? very moronic..

I know people don't liek Brock because his issues with parker/spiderman are all his own fault. But really can no one relate to feeling like your world is just crumbling all around you. If you never felt you've been done wrong by people around you, felt your job took you for granted, or felt someone else was trying to constantly upstage you? Regaurdless of if its in his own head, Brock believes these things are slighting him regaurdless of if their his own doings. Brock unlike some other characters, depending on what arch you read, and I think TAS showed this best, Venom is a major threat because he thinks Spiderman causes injustice. Spidey is effective because he doesnt fight for money or greed, he fights because he believes in being just. Eddie Brock finds Spiderman/Parker to be evil, he fight Spiderman because he views spiderman like spiderman views him, an unnecessary evil and a danger to the world. They are like minded in their goal, regaurdless of what fuels each side. To me, thats what makes Venom a great Villian.

Dammit Ock, leave Venom alone and go dwell with your Otto Octavius memorabilia or something!

:oldrazz:

Doc Ock said:
But there's a huge difference between Joker and Venom. Joker actually has a valid reason to lose his mind. Not only is he physically scarred beyond recognition of his former self, but he actually has a tragic background, as was suggested in the Killing Joke. He was a failed comedian who's pregnant wife was killed in a tragic accident.

Brock's motivations are pathetic. He blames Spider-Man for his own screw ups, when anyone with half a brain can see his failings are his own fault. All he lost was a job.

I don't find that a very compelling motivation for a villain.

God no. Venom is not fit to lick Joker's shoes IMO :joker: :cwink:

maybe they change this for the movie...like i said, we haven't seen it yet
he might hate peter for losing his job...but maybe he hates spider-man for something too..like not saving someone that brock cared about?
we'll hvae to wait and see, but if brock is given a history of failure despite trying his hardest he could be tragic as well...a failed reporter whose girlfriend dies when spidey misses a chance to save her? sounds similar enough to the joker backstory you mentioned
we shall see....

Well,I really don't wanna discuss my personal life here,but for many years I was seriously depressed(I'm still fighting it) and even tried suicide a few times. When you feel that way,you feel the world is against you. You really have only two main emotions...sadness and anger. I can fully understand where Brock is coming from and why he would blame Spider-man for his troubles. Here is someone who's mind is clouded with anger and hate. The symbiote only made it worse and fueled the hatred. When you take the depression that Brock feels and then add the utter madness and destructiveness of the symbiote,then you get one messed up person. Quite possibly,Brock's inner goodness is what makes Venom think he's doing good and that he wants to save others,but the symbiote says otherwise. I would think that it has such a hate for humanity considering what it made Peter do(becoming evil).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"