The Dark Knight Is the Joker legally insane?

The Joker very much fits in the profile of a psychopath, and I believe psychopaths are considered legally insane, even though no psychologic treatment has been considered efficient to that particular condition.

Wrong wrong wrong wrong! You're sooooo wrong!

Psychopaths know what they're doing, they just don't care. Ted Bundy is the classical example - text book psychopath, but was not legally insane.

The Joker very much fits in the profile of a psychopath, and I believe psychopaths are considered legally insane, even though no psychologic treatment has been considered efficient to that particular condition.

How are you sourcing psychopaths being legally insane? They understand right from wrong, they know what they're doing, and just about every psychopath who's ever pled NGRI has been convicted of murder. They have a mental disorder, but I don't understand why you're suggesting that they're legally insane, unless you know something I don't.

Is there even a mental illness that could make someone do the things the Joker does?

The phrase sociopath gets kicked around alot, the symptoms of which are...
1.Failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest;
2.Deceitfulness, as indicated by repeatedly lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure;
3.Impulsivity or failure to plan ahead;
4.Irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults;
5.Reckless disregard for safety of self or others;
6.Consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations;
7.Lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another.

Which at first glance seems to describe The Joker pretty well, except as the movie shows the Joker is a master at planning things out and is patient enough to let his plans play out and wait for the right moment to do things.

<ticks every point on the list> Uh-oh.....

If you mean "different personalities," that's not schizophrenia - that's dissociative identity disorder, aka multiple personality disorder.

Maybe that's it, he was always The Joker but it was like different personalities were seeping out. Like there were different people inside this one guy. Remember when he was talking about squealers or saying how "EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR MINDS!"
It was histrionic, almost hysterical. Like someone going through extreme highs and lows.
And then there were the moments when he was plain demonic, telling Brian to look at him and ordering Batman to run him over.
He was like several different people held together with a demented nature and a really spiffy purple suit.

"What we're looking at is some kind of Super Sanity"

Ahh, gotta love the comics.

B-Man Asylum.

i wouldn't know if he could be confirmed as legally insane. people are saying he knows what he is doing and knows that its wrong excuses him from being insane. this portrayal of the joker seems so engrossed in his own little world that he doesn't think our conventional laws apply to him. hes quite the philosopher aswell and some of the points he brings up about how people fold under pressure make sense. but what it comes down to i feel is that this man is so broken up. one minute hes laughing and joking then the next he is filled with pure rage (the fake batman tape). it seems no matter what he is doing his mind is always racing, i noticed this by looking at his eyes they are never still which alludes something is always going on in his head. so what im saying is that due to his mind being brilliant yet completly scattered i think it would be impossible to correctly analyze him.

Both The Joker and Batman are a little crazy...Ala Batman: The Killing Joke...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"