The Dark Knight Villain Spawning

spideyman101

Civilian
Reaction score
I think it's entirely possible with the current circumstances that the origin of Joker is such:

Jack Napier is a common thief and is being tracked by the cops. He gets in a razor blade accident and is then captured. Scarecrow does his typical thing (he's done this around the time, or before the time, of Batman Begins). He tries to give Jack the insanity plea so that he can move him to Arkham. But when he does this he also takes the time to test his new formula! He tests it on Jack and it turns him mentally insane. It does the opposite of making him insane by fear! It makes him insane by happiness! Jack is locked away in the Asylum and Dr. Crane decides to go back to the old formula for obvious reasons ( :oldrazz: ), but he (Joker) makes his grand escape in Batman Begins when the SWAT team unlock all the doors and all the goons are set free. Jack, instead of rampaging the streets, uses his brains and hides. Taking his insanity and his scarred face like a weapon, he then dies his hair green, puts on white makeup, mascara, and red lipstick and then begins his torture upon Gotham!

NOTE: Scarecrow locks his new formula away, but then Joker comes and makes him an offer he can't refuse (his life). Scarecrow finally gives him a full truckload of this "laughing gas". Joker then uses it on his victims (some of them).

Now in relation to Two-Face, I thoroughly believe Joker should have SOME part in scaring Harvey. I believe Joker and Maroni should work together. Maybe Joker supplies the acid to Maroni who then takes it upon Harvey...

Now if these two situations happened, then I think it'll be interesting how all villains have a role in "creating" the next villain.

Ra's Al Ghul: He helped supply Dr. Jonathon Crane with the formula, thus ultimately creating Scarecrow.

Scarecrow: He tests his new formula on Jack Napier ultimately creating Joker.

Joker: He helps supply Maroni with acid so he could then hurt Harvey Dent, thus creating Two-Face...

Two-Face: Given the same order in which the previous villains have had a part in creating the next villain, who's life do you think Two-Face will alter so severely that the next villain in Gotham is born?

I think it's entirely possible with the current circumstances that the origin of Joker is such:

Jack Napier is a common thief and is being tracked by the cops. He gets in a razor blade accident and is then captured. Scarecrow does his typical thing (he's done this around the time, or before the time, of Batman Begins). He tries to give Jack the insanity plea so that he can move him to Arkham. But when he does this he also takes the time to test his new formula! He tests it on Jack and it turns him mentally insane. It does the opposite of making him insane by fear! It makes him insane by happiness! Jack is locked away in the Asylum and Dr. Crane decides to go back to the old formula for obvious reasons ( :oldrazz: ), but he (Joker) makes his grand escape in Batman Begins when the SWAT team unlock all the doors and all the goons are set free. Jack, instead of rampaging the streets, uses his brains and hides. Taking his insanity and his scarred face like a weapon, he then dies his hair green, puts on white makeup, mascara, and red lipstick and then begins his torture upon Gotham!

NOTE: Scarecrow locks his new formula away, but then Joker comes and makes him an offer he can't refuse (his life). Scarecrow finally gives him a full truckload of this "laughing gas". Joker then uses it on his victims (some of them).

Now in relation to Two-Face, I thoroughly believe Joker should have SOME part in scaring Harvey. I believe Joker and Maroni should work together. Maybe Joker supplies the acid to Maroni who then takes it upon Harvey...

Now if these two situations happened, then I think it'll be interesting how all villains have a role in "creating" the next villain.

Ra's Al Ghul: He helped supply Dr. Jonathon Crane with the formula, thus ultimately creating Scarecrow.

Scarecrow: He tests his new formula on Jack Napier ultimately creating Joker.

Joker: He helps supply Maroni with acid so he could then hurt Harvey Dent, thus creating Two-Face...

Two-Face: Given the same order in which the previous villains have had a part in creating the next villain, who's life do you think Two-Face will alter so severely that the next villain in Gotham is born?

For the love of god!

1. Ra's Al Ghul did not create the Scarecrow.
2. For the last time!!!!! The Joker is not Jack Napier.
3. And hell no to the Joker giving Maroni the acid.

Maybe no Jack Napier, but that's the only name I could find!

The thing about Joker giving acid to Maroni, it makes Joker half responsible for Two-Face... this will give Two-Face a reason to want and kill Joker!

The whole line of villians connected is a neat idea, though I don't really suscribe to the Scarecrow tested on pre-Joker theory. We're not supposed to get any origin, but I think it's possible that the fear gas might have played a part, since it's still an important element pre-TDK as seen in the Gotham Times.

That said, couldn't this just be brought up in one of the pre-existing Joker threads, rather than make a whole new thread?

And yeah, Ra's didn't create Scarecrow, he just gave him new toys.

Maybe no Jack Napier, but that's the only name I could find!

The thing about Joker giving acid to Maroni, it makes Joker half responsible for Two-Face... this will give Two-Face a reason to want and kill Joker!

That's becuase no one knows who the Joker really is and that is the way it will be in the film.

Joker should not responsible for creating Two-Face at all. I will not happen that way dude. Sorry, but from what "we" know about the film now eveything points to just Maroni.

nolan said we're not getting an "origin of joker"

Making the Jokers origin dependent on another villain in any way is a bad move.

I'm happy to just have him turn up origin free.

I definetly dont want Heath's Joker to be Jack Napier

No problem with one villain being created by another, as long as it's done well.

No problem with one villain being created by another, as long as it's done well.

It would take away from the independent 'wildcard' nature of the character.

To give him ties to other characters straight away would limit him.

It would take away from the independent 'wildcard' nature of the character.

To give him ties to other characters straight away would limit him.

So does Maroni's big part in creating Two-Face limit him, or Dent? Or does it create excellent dynamics between the 2 characters?

So does Maroni's big part in creating Two-Face limit him, or Dent? Or does it create excellent dynamics between the 2 characters?

I just want to see this Joker come in with a blank slate, no baggage, just carnage.

But yeah, good point well made. :up:

Oh, I wasn't talking about the Joker. I'm talking about villains in general.
I agree with you about the Joker. Still, if someone had a good idea about interweaved origins of him and another villain, I'd love to be surprised.

Just out of curiosity, which prequel trilogy are you defending?

why does joker have to have anything to do with the creation of two face? why cant it just be another subplot story arc wthin the film?

like your ideas about certain points though some good ideas but i dont think the film will pan out like this myself

i hope the fear gas does has somthing to with it but leaving the joker a mystery ads more depth like the whole wolverine thing

it keeps us and batman guessing

I'm glad that Gordon said in the trailer that the Joker has no other aliases and they basically had no clue as to who he is. Because if the name "Jack Napier" appeared in this movie, I'd disown it and Nolan's entire trilogy. That's how much I hate the idea of the Joker having a fleshed out origin in this movie. He works much better as a character with a mysterious background.

I think Harvey Dent should be the first 'stage' of the Joker trying out his 'laughing gas'. BB focused on all of that gas/antidote/chemical warefare stuff, they shouldn't fill TDK with it. We should see/hear that he is trying to develop Crane's formula to make his own brand of it, but he shouldn't use it until the end of the movie. I think whenever the Joker meets his demise, the last thing he has involvement with should be Harvey Dent. Sending a letter to him, another good chance to slip in one of these online game 'slogans' "I believe in Harvey Dent", he just thinks it is some fan mail and carelessly opens it. Then, when he opens it it should be rigged to explode, like a letter bomb, and the close quarter explosion, mixed with the effects of the Joker's toxin should both scar Dent, and turn him insane.

Possible spoilers

My guess is that Batman struggles with the choice of killing the joker, and that he ultimately decides to spare him and he goes to court. During the trial Joker scars Harvey Dent, causing Harvey to think "If Batman had killed the Joker this wouldn't have happened" thus warping his concept of right and wrong.
With this new sense of justice Dent hunts down Maroni and the reported limo scene takes place.

As for the joker, I think its better if he doesn't have any origins or ties to anyone. It works better to have a character that is, as Nolan called him, an absolute. Like the Villain in No land for old men (great movie you should check it out). That way the joker is a metaphor for the continued chaos that Batman faces reinforcing that his mission is not a finite one.

dick grayson once said that the he (batman) and the joker will always exist in constant battle

that they exist because the other one does

the joker is the chaos to batman's order

and einstein said

for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction

so spiderwill is right

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"