The Dark Knight Villain Spawning

In the comics maybe. The animated series though took a different route. Maybe this movie will do likewise.

But he announced they stay close to the comics :grin:

He wants retribution, causing Maroni to die. So.....maroni definitely has something to do with the scarring, no?

no no no no no! Why do people always ask for an explanation for things, we're not supposed to know who joker is! No origin, no stupid name nothing, its supposed to be mysterious and creepy thats the whole point!

People aren't arguing at the moment about the Joker, they're arguing about Two-Face.

And according to The Long Halloween Maroni isn't in the court room, but is blowing out his birthday candles at the time Harvey is scarred.

Carmine ¨The Roman¨ Falcone is the one blowing at his birthday candles at home, Maroni is in court and scars Dent.

For the love of god!

1. Ra's Al Ghul did not create the Scarecrow.
2. For the last time!!!!! The Joker is not Jack Napier.
3. And hell no to the Joker giving Maroni the acid.

Needs to be quoted since this thread is still going. :oldrazz:

But he announced they stay close to the comics :grin:

He wants retribution, causing Maroni to die. So.....maroni definitely has something to do with the scarring, no?

Again, not arguing that Maroni has something to do with it. The first trailer clearly indicates that the Mob and the Joker have some sort of arrangement. But the Joker scarring Harvey (in Harvey's post tramaticly stress mind) might cause Harvey to hold some resentment to Batman for not killing the Joker. This seems to fit in with the theme and struggle over Batman's responsibility for escalation.

I could be wrong, but let's discuss it at least.

Again, not arguing that Maroni has something to do with it. The first trailer clearly indicates that the Mob and the Joker have some sort of arrangement. But the Joker scarring Harvey (in Harvey's post tramaticly stress mind) might cause Harvey to hold some resentment to Batman for not killing the Joker. This seems to fit in with the theme and struggle over Batman's responsibility for escalation.

Your wrong. :oldrazz:

It would be another cheap move for character development/motivation. Just like having Joker kill Bruce's parents in Batman '89, or the whole Sandman killing Uncle Ben in SM3.

I think it would be horrible to link Two Face and Joker like that. Two Face is more than just a villian who is out for revenge on another villian. I don't think it's a good way to make him hate Batman, he would just end up hating the Joker.

Carmine ¨The Roman¨ Falcone is the one blowing at his birthday candles at home, Maroni is in court and scars Dent.

You sir a correct in that matter. Sorry, I did what I hate. Making statements on information that not just unconfirmed but wrong... Again sorry.

Okay: Roberts said that they stay close to the comics, and that afterwards Two-Face wants retribution, causing Maroni to die.

In the comics: Maroni throws acid on Dent's face(and he's not just doing it because he happens to have acid and just said, "what the hell, i'll throw it on someone's face". He had his reasons for wanting to kill Dent)

I just put 2 and 2 together
undecided.gif

Your wrong. :oldrazz:

It would be another cheap move for character development/motivation. Just like having Joker kill Bruce's parents in Batman '89, or the whole Sandman killing Uncle Ben in SM3.

I think it would be horrible to link Two Face and Joker like that. Two Face is more than just a villian who is out for revenge on another villian. I don't think it's a good way to make him hate Batman, he would just end up hating the Joker.

Thanks for stating that I wrong, I thought the joker was the only absolute.

Plus it makes sense Joker maybe thinking, "So you won't kill me Batman, well I'm going to show you the ramifications of that decision by almost killing the DA."

But again I could be wrong. But discussion is better than just shutting a person down. Then again I'm new to boards; maybe that's what goes on here.

Okay: Roberts said that they stay close to the comics, and that afterwards Two-Face wants retribution, causing Maroni to die.

In the comics: Maroni throws acid on Dent's face(and he's not just doing it because he happens to have acid and just said, "what the hell, i'll throw it on someone's face". He had his reasons for wanting to kill Dent)

I just put 2 and 2 together
undecided.gif

I did put 2 and 2 together which other people aren't doing. If Maroni throws acid in Dents face in the courtroom he ain't gonna be in a limo anytime soon. So based on that information, if Eric Roberts quote is correct, Maroni doesn't throw the acid. SO he hires or sets someone up to do it for him. I'm just supposing that its the Joker who would have his own reasons and probably would find it hilarious.

I did put 2 and 2 together which other people aren't doing. If Maroni throws acid in Dents face in the courtroom he ain't gonna be in a limo anytime soon. So based on that information, if Eric Roberts quote is correct, Maroni doesn't throw the acid. SO he hires or sets someone up to do it for him. I'm just supposing that its the Joker who would have his own reasons and probably would find it hilarious.

I can see where you're going here, yeah. Except for Joker being the one to throw the acid. Cause how can Joker go into a courtroom with that scar on his mouth? But still, I do understand what you mean about maroni not being able to get into a limo after that.....

Thanks for stating that I wrong, I thought the joker was the only absolute.

Plus it makes sense Joker maybe thinking, "So you won't kill me Batman, well I'm going to show you the ramifications of that decision by almost killing the DA."

But again I could be wrong. But discussion is better than just shutting a person down. Then again I'm new to boards; maybe that's what goes on here.

LOL, calm down. I was just joking with you, that's why I put in one of these :oldrazz: . Everyone has a right to their own opinion here, after my "joke" I gave my own opinion why I wouldn't want that to be in the film.

I am telling you that in the Long Halloween, an henchman who is at the court throws acid on Harvey Dent's face the same way a fake journalist woman kills Chill in Batman Begins. Carmine Falcone is behind this murder, right? And a couple of hours after that he is reading the newspaper. Same thing goes with Maroni.

Well we established that I was wrong about it being a henchmen and that it was actually Maroni that threw the acid in the comic. The movie won't have that take place if the limo scene stays in (as discussed numerous times above).
Other than that I'm not sure what the point of you post was.

WRONG. Maroni scars Harvey Dent, not the Joker. Eric Roberts said so.

Jes. It's too obvious that it's Maroni and not Joker because that's just how Two-Face's origin/story has always been. As well as for the reason you pointed out.

no he didn't. At least no where that's documented by a reliable news source. however a few years back Goyer indicated that it was his plan to have Joker do the scarring. So do with that what you will.

...Have you read the comics? :huh:

Yeah and he said it was suppose to happen in the third film. Roberts said in FHM that he was indeed throwing acid on Harvey Dent's face. He said that they stayed close to the comic book.

Of course. My comment was indicating that Eric Roberts has not been quoted in a reliable news source as saying that IN THE MOVIE Maroni scars Dent.... Also great as they are, the comics do not qualify as a reliable new source.

I can't believe this is even happening. Maroni scars Dent! End.

I can't believe this is even happening. Maroni scars Dent! End.

I'll bet you 30 dollars Eric Robert's character doesn't throw acid on Harvey in a court room in the movie.

The bet is only for gotham central at this time.

I'll bet you 30 dollars Eric Robert's character doesn't throw acid on Harvey in a court room in the movie.

The bet is only for gotham central at this time.

I hearby witness the bet and will sign it and leave it in my sig...or profile.

I know Ra's didn't create Scarecrow... notice I put "'s outside of the word create... my point is, he supplied him with the fear gas...

trust me, without fear gas, scarecrow wouldn't be a villain... *laughs hysterically* :p

fine, make sure you get the wording in its entirety.. I don't want Maroni Jr to throw acid on Harvey and owe money on a technicality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"