Is there a word for...

The Spawn

Better Than You
Reaction score
Basically, is there a word for when someone, let's say, is doing like martial arts and his friend calls him "Bruce Lee" or when like a bunch of gangstas make fun of a skateboarder and call him "Tony Hawk,"...or if you get called "Wayne Gretzky" because you play hockey? Or if you get called "Michael Jordon" for playing basketball, or "Tiger Woods" for golfing.

Would that be an archetype? Or epitome?

Can't really word this question any better.

Basically, is there a word for when someone, let's say, is doing like martial arts and his friend calls him "Bruce Lee" or when like a bunch of gangstas make fun of a skateboarder and call him "Tony Hawk,"...or if you get called "Wayne Gretzky" because you play hockey? Or if you get called "Michael Jordon" for playing basketball, or "Tiger Woods" for golfing.

Would that be an archetype? Or epitome?

Can't really word this question any better.
Icon, I guess.

Like, do you mean the reason for using that person? Then I would say it's because that person is viewed as an icon of that particular field or sport. But the person saying it is being sarcastic or hyperbolic.

Last edited:
I was wondering if there was a word (verb) for the act of utilizing these icons and/or if these icons had a name for being used...like a noun or something.

I guess hyperbole works....I was wondering if there was a special word...guess not.

Seeing as to how big a part of our culture celebrities have become, Im surprised that the term doesnt exist, something like Iconographic Comparison or something.

Like when someone steals and you call him Carlos Mencia

Or when someone fixes something and you call them American Idol

or when terrosists plant a bomb and you call them Terminator Salvation

just everyday stuff like that.

Or when someone tries to use their man voice but it doesn't work out so well you call them Christian Bale.

...a bunch...of gangstas:yay:

Since it's used in a deragatory sense the only comporable term must originate from slang. It's actually 'hood satire' lampooing someone w/ the basis being someone parallel at the top of there form or the bottom...or not. i.e. every round ass brotha is Ruben Studdard...don't force it.

Or when someone takes a dump and you call them Paris Hilton

Or when someone has sex with the boss and you call them Patti Scialfa

Or when someone rapes me as a child as I call it GI Joe: Rise Of Cobra

Edit: That second one may take awhile to get...

I was wondering if there was a word (verb) for the act of utilizing these icons and/or if these icons had a name for being used...like a noun or something.

I guess hyperbole works....I was wondering if there was a special word...guess not.

Compare is a verb.

Or when someone tries to use their man voice but it doesn't work out so well you call them Christian Bale.

I think this is referred to as an inside joke. Not everyone is going to understand/get this if you say it to someone you don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"