Is Trump a 2 termer?

It's been more than 20 years since we've had a one term president. Why do we think he'll stay for just one term?

The public has usually voted for the current president to stay for two terms.

They are more comfortable with what they have in place instead of swapping out every four years

Unless....

The teens protesting now will rise up when they hit 18 and kick Trump out

It's been more than 20 years since we've had a one term president. Why do we think he'll stay for just one term?

Well it's been a lot longer than that since we've had someone this shamefully unqualified as Commander in Chief. The rule book is torn the f*** up.

More like a six monther

I think it is very, very important to point out just how important it is that Trump is the president for the whole term. Because Pence is a whole lot scarier. Fanaticism is scarier than stupid.

The only real edge I'd give Trump over the other GOP c**rags is that he doesn't give a rat's ass about religion. All these other guys, they'd trot out policy and legislation made to hurt the poor, women, gays, people of color, what have you, and then "God this, God that". Not Trump. If there's a Hell, he's going there and he knows it.

The only real edge I'd give Trump over the other GOP c**rags is that he doesn't give a rat's ass about religion. All these other guys, they'd trot out policy and legislation made to hurt the poor, women, gays, people of color, what have you, and then "God this, God that". Not Trump. If there's a Hell, he's going there and he knows it.

Ya gotta love the all-seeing, invisible sky tyrant.

Kanye West 2020!

Everyone used to mock the notion of President Schwarzenegger. I would have preferred him to either of the major parties' candidates last week.

I think the reason he keeps trying to get security clearance for his kids/family is that he doesn't want to run the presidency as is. The fact that he won't and the government machine won't run the way he wants he'll just walk away as a one-termer.

I think it is very, very important to point out just how important it is that Trump is the president for the whole term. Because Pence is a whole lot scarier. Fanaticism is scarier than stupid.

Then both can become, to quote Ult!Spider-Man's version of Deadpool, "un-alive"

No way. Trump's election was the knee jerk reaction of people tired of everything wrong with politics, lead by the DNC and Hillary's corruption. People voted Trump to send a message and remove Hillary from the equation. Trump will last no more than one term, and we'll (hopefully) see a better, honest democrat in the White House in 4 years.

A better democrat? Considering Hillary's preparation and Obama handing her off the country try to a good start, I think that will be a tall order.

Hillary lost to the following. Superior liberals. Thats what it was. Some of us liberals used to feel superior thumbing down our nose at the racist, homophobic, bible thumpers. When the country became more liberal and agreed with us on the issues some liberals were no longer so superior. They were just equally enlightened. So they told themselves were all sheep following a rigged system where they are all the same and it doesn't matter who you vote for. And while most of us voted for Hillary, they get to think they know something we dont. They think were sheep and they are still somehow in the know and they get to think they realize something nobody else does.

If two things happen he'll win a second term.

1) He was bluffing with the extreme policies he advocated and cautiously implements reasonable right wing policies.

2) There's a major terrorist attack by Muslims and everyone becomes super patriotic.

China is atheist and Iran is religious. But both are authoritarian.

I'd hate to live in either one.

If two things happen he'll win a second term.

1) He was bluffing with the extreme policies he advocated and cautiously implements reasonable right wing policies.

2) There's a major terrorist attack by Muslims and everyone becomes super patriotic.

You are assuming that he wants to run again. As it is, I'm not all that sure that he will stick it out for four years.

You are assuming that he wants to run again. As it is, I'm not all that sure that he will stick it out for four years.

He's going to ask to be impeached and instead of saying there will be a new President he'll say "host" as though it's a game show. Apprentice: White House edition.

Unless he fakes the proverbial hamstring injury, I don't see how his ego would allow him to quit before four years.

I can see him making hay about how Dems/some Reps/the system are keeping him from doing what he wants and endorses Pence to continue the good fight for the next four.

I don't think he will be a two term, but what do I know. I didn't think he'd win this time.

I think if he is a populist he has a good shot of winning but if he just becomes somebody who tows the Republican line he won't win a second time

A lot of people who voted for Trump did so because they liked Hillary even less, so its not like his base of support is all that solid.

I think it largely depends on who runs against him, and what happens in the next four years.

A lot of people who voted for Trump did so because they liked Hillary even less, so its not like his base of support is all that solid.

Those people who don't like either of them but voted Trump are called republicans, so they will probably vote for him against any Democrat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"