"It's Clobberin' Time!" - The Ben "Thing" Grimm Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That voice was horrible..... :(

I explained this in the main thread, but that voice does not sound good. It sounds like the artificially drawn out and deepened voices actors would use in old cartoons to voice dimwitted and mentally challenged characters (there's a popular one with a yeti and Daffy Duck). One supposed leak (who knows if it's legit) claimed Ben has some mental difficulties after the transformation(iirc the claim was that he started out a bit dim and gradually regained himself). Hopefully that rumor was wrong, but if Ben really does start speaking slowly and in an odd voice after losing some of his normal capabilities it won't fly in today's social climate.

I don't see anything wrong with his voice.

Well, we still didn't hear him say a single word yet. I have no idea what he is going to sound like when he actually talks. We just got a little taste how how deep the voice is, and to be honest, that's exactly what I imagined he'd sound like.

Dunno. I'd be surprised if that's actually Bell in that advert. Not unless they heavily alter his voice in post production. Don't think it's a great voice either.

My hope is that voice (sound) grunt, in the commercial is no where near his voice in the movie. Hopefully just some cheap voice over for the commercial only.

The voice seems alright to me but I'm not sure that is Bell's voice.

The voice was fine for a TV commercial, but that won't fly for the movie. Not a chance it sounds like that in the final film.

You see, the thing is, people are allowed to have different opinions.

That was literally the point I was making.

It doesn't matter if YOU don't see anything wrong with it.

SHE might.

So you dismissing her opinion as "I don't see anything wrong with it" is not allowing her to HAVE her opinion.

Is anybody else bothered by how the 'rocks' in his fingers seem to be sort of floating?

It's almost like you can see right through the gaps and there's nothing underneath.

So you dismissing her opinion as "I don't see anything wrong with it" is not allowing her to HAVE her opinion.

Ironically, this is what everybody does in these threads. Both ways. :sly:

SHE might.

Pretty sure he was just disagreeing, not dismissing her opinion.

I don't see anything wrong with his voice.

You see, the thing is, other people might.

You see, the thing is, people are allowed to have different opinions.

SHE might.

Pretty sure he was just disagreeing, not dismissing her opinion.

It's all good.....I just saw it as a difference of opinion. No biggie! :yay:

Is anybody else bothered by how the 'rocks' in his fingers seem to be sort of floating?

It's almost like you can see right through the gaps and there's nothing underneath.

I'm more bothered by the fact they are 4 normal fingers plus thumb instead of 3 fat stubby fingers and thumb.

Defining traits of the Thing. Again... with digital rendering you would think they could get closer to the comic version, yet they stray as far as they can from it.

"Orange rock-guy" seems about the only criteria they stuck to.

I'm more bothered by the fact they are 4 normal fingers plus thumb instead of 3 fat stubby fingers and thumb.

Defining traits of the Thing. Again... with digital rendering you would think they could get closer to the comic version, yet they stray as far as they can from it.

"Orange rock-guy" seems about the only criteria they stuck to.

Yeah, I certainly wish he looked more like the Thing. But I've gotten past that now.

We're getting what we're getting unfortunately. I do hope they'll try to put some pants on him before it's actually released, but I think the chances are slim.

SHE might.

Oh boy....

Clearly I was stating I have no problem with it. When did I ever say she wasn't allowed to have her opinion.

STOP reaching.

That's the only thing that bothered me.

The voice sounds fine to me. Much like I've always imagined his voice to sound, and similar to the voices he's had in the various FF cartoons.

The hands bother me, though. Maybe they were rendered for this ad with less care. I hope so.

I don't get the Denny's promotion. Going by the typically stuff they promote, it's usually a animated film.

This is just out of place...odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"