"It's Clobberin' Time!" - The Ben "Thing" Grimm Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The voice sounds fine to me when considering these are younger versions.

I don't get the Denny's promotion. Going by the typically stuff they promote, it's usually a animated film.

This is just out of place...odd.

They promoted The Hobbit before.

253x450

Is Ben Grimm the brother of Susan Storm in this movie? Their resemblance is uncanny!

Is Ben Grimm the brother of Susan Storm in this movie? Their resemblance is uncanny!

They are not siblings in the film but I see why you would see them as siblings. I think Jamie could be a good Johnny Storm.

I thought his voice in the Denny's commercial was kind of meh but it seems golden after hearing him talk in the international trailer.

Yeah, I was surprised too. I, and I think most, would have expected something similar in tone, but with better quality. It's like they just didn't bother at all with the voice. Now they have a Denny's ad that's also promoting the film but directly contradicts the movie itself.

Yeah if the trailer version went out without modulation that it was supposed to have then its strange as it meant that Fox approved the trailer going out in an unfinished state, especially as its the International version that has him talking so the people that will be hearing that version are outside the US and so will never see the Denny's ad to know that he shouldn't sound like that.

I didn't realize, until seeing it, how jarring the voice could be. I do think they should use a version of Jamie's voice so we know it's him in there, but that brief clip clearly shows he does need to change it some.

And I don't think they need electronic modulation. I'm sure Jamie is talented enough to shift the tone and quality of his voice enough to make it sound more appropriate for him as the Thing (like Chiklis did).

But that really didn't work in that quick little clip and if it's like that throughout, I think it's going to be distracting.

Please let that be movie Thing's voice!

This is going to be like John Lithgow's Raising Cain. It's a crime drama/thriller, but after it was released into theaters, the studio changed their minds and said "yep, it's supposed to be a comedy!"

Is anybody else bothered by how the 'rocks' in his fingers seem to be sort of floating?

It's almost like you can see right through the gaps and there's nothing underneath.

Agree completely. Also irked with them not doing the 3 fingers and a thumb...as if messing up the brow again wasn't bad enough.

When I first watched the new trailer that featured the Thing speaking, I had to stop and watch that little snippet twice because I was so startled. It sounds so awful, so distracting, hearing this normal, sullen voice coming from this CG monstrosity. It's a truly horrendous decision. Part of me thinks they were planning on editing his voice and just ran out of time.

I get the feeling we are going to be getting the film equivalent of a Beta release. It doesn't look finished. Unfortunately, we aren't just going to be able to download a patch in a couple of months to fix the bugs.

When I first watched the new trailer that featured the Thing speaking, I had to stop and watch that little snippet twice because I was so startled. It sounds so awful, so distracting, hearing this normal, sullen voice coming from this CG monstrosity. It's a truly horrendous decision. Part of me thinks they were planning on editing his voice and just ran out of time.

I get the feeling we are going to be getting the film equivalent of a Beta release. It doesn't look finished. Unfortunately, we aren't just going to be able to download a patch in a couple of months to fix the bugs.

I remember during the first film when we saw things like the wrinkling of the Thing suit and assumed (partly based on statements from those involved) they would 'fix it in post).

This film is like deja vu all over again in so many ways I've lost count.

I don't like to wish firings on people but if this thing bombs I hope someone gets fired for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"