It's his last name! The Benedict Wong as Wong Thread.

Or just the filming schedule was setup so the Wong's scenes were towards the end of filming so it wasn't a high priority for them until now. Not unheard of for movies.

Maybe they really wanted a Wong, and no Wongs were available, which is why they scheduled the scenes at the end of filming so it would fit in with the right Wong person for the job.

Or just the filming schedule was setup so the Wong's scenes were towards the end of filming so it wasn't a high priority for them until now. Not unheard of for movies.

I think that's possible. People tend not to realize that movies aren't filmed in order.

I think Spider-Man is the big test. They had filmed a substantial portion of that film before they cast Tom Holland. Dr. Strange hasn't filmed nearly that long. If Holland has a big role for Civil War, Wong easily could as well for Dr. Strange.

I hope Wong is played as more of a flat mate or rival instead of Strange's man servant. He could be an observer or guide that helps Dr Strange as his equal.

Last edited:
I'm sure they will do that, I agree the manservant thing is way off.

I actually think if you look at the relationship between Sherlock and Watson on benedict cumberbatch's 'Sherlock' that will be mostly the template for how the relationship will pan out.

Maybe that's why Mordo goes bad after all? Because they used to be best buds and then strange started hanging out with Wong all night and taking him to Red Lobster the morning after and Mordo is just like
:csad: :cmad:

I remember the Wong from the animated Dr Strange movie was quite the badass. He came across almost like a mentor. Like Stick was to Daredevil.
There's not enough significant Asian characters in Marvel movies. I hope Wong becomes a breakout character. He will hold us over till they introduce Amadeus Cho into the MCU. ;)

Oh gosh yaaaas to Amadeus. It's strange we've seen his mum but not him yet. I guess it's tricky because hulk can't have a solo film and he's such a huge part of his mythos

We'll I've got a hunch/fan theory about Cho. Apparently in one of the Antman deleted scenes, there is an obscure news headline that details something about a Stark funded young genius program. Some people have theorized that Peter Parker could be one of these young genius's and I'm also hoping they could cast an Amadeus too.
I would love to see Amadeus as part of a Hulk movie, but in the mean time I think he could make a great reoccurring character in the MCU. He could fit in nicely in Iron man, Spiderman etc, and even Agents of Shield.

Amadeus would make an incredible Iron Spider

Amadeus would make an incredible Iron Spider

You got that from the animated series right?

I hope that never happens. I'd like Amadeus to stand out on his own rather than wear that suit.

They should just make a "Hercules and Amadeus" movie.

Last edited:
I hope that never happens. I'd like Amadeus to stand out on his own rather than wear that suit.

Amen.

May he also never ever ever become Hulk or anything Hulk-like.

You got that from the animated series right?

Yeah and I quite like it. It makes more sense to me than being the new hulk/Thor/Hercules. Although seeing Cho Hulk might be cool

We'll I've got a hunch/fan theory about Cho. Apparently in one of the Antman deleted scenes, there is an obscure news headline that details something about a Stark funded young genius program. Some people have theorized that Peter Parker could be one of these young genius's and I'm also hoping they could cast an Amadeus too.
I would love to see Amadeus as part of a Hulk movie, but in the mean time I think he could make a great reoccurring character in the MCU. He could fit in nicely in Iron man, Spiderman etc, and even Agents of Shield.

There's an even bigger hint at Amadeus Cho: they put his mother as a major character in Avengers. :p

We really shouldn't turn this into the Amadeus thread but just quickly before we move on I'll say that if I was casting a prince of power movie I would cast Justin chon as Amadeus and Joe mangianello as Hercules

Was that Wong at the beginning of the trailer?

Oh right, I often get cars and humans mixed up

Did they cast him because they thought he was an amazing actor, or secretly just because his name was also Wong?

If they knew what was good for them, they'd have cast Lynda Carter as Linda Carter. :argh:

I'm really looking forward to Wong especially when they said they have updated him a lot. That's important, I don't want any of this manservant business.

It's especially important following marvel's whitewashing. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Wong featured hugely in the second doctor strange trailer to try and clean out all that nastiness which was started by their depiction of the ancient one

I'm really looking forward to Wong especially when they said they have updated him a lot. That's important, I don't want any of this manservant business.

It's especially important following marvel's whitewashing. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Wong featured hugely in the second doctor strange trailer to try and clean out all that nastiness which was started by their depiction of the ancient one

Didn't they cast him pretty late? I wonder how big his role will be.

They need to right the wongs they've created.

I wonder how big his role will be as well, especially since it seems like Mordu might end up starting out as a friend of Strange's in this film (which might limit Wong's role even more). And given that he seems to be the only Asian in the main cast, that'd be disappointing to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"