Pokémon It's the Pokemon thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question, is there anyway to tell if a pokemon you got on the GTS is legit or not? I heard once (not sure if true or not, just want to be cautious) that breeding with a hacked pokemon could produce a bad egg which could corrupt your save file.

Reason I ask is 3 part. First I was trading a level 44 Skorupi back and forth inbetween my HG and Platinum game a bit back to transfer a few items over, and was doing so for my Platinum's Garchomp (which was 50 up at the time). Thinking no one would trade a Garchomp for a Skorupi. When I tried to trade I noticed he was gone, got back on HG and noticed someone had traded a Garchomp for him, it was exactly level 50, with PKRS, and had moves you'd expect to find on a wild Garchomp (like dig).

Second time was when I traded for a Metagross, I got one, but it was level 54 and only knew takedown. Which I know Metagross's first stage can learn only that move, but not sure how a lvl 54 Metagross has only that.

Third was recently when I just for the heck of it I put one of my female pain split Spiritomb's up for a Manaphy over night, not expecting anything, and when I checked the next day someone had traded a shiny level 35 Manaphy for it.

I guess I was more asking if you guys thought it was ok if I breed one of them, as I didn't want to take the chance. Also just thought I'd offer, I taught a Smeargle morning sun and flare blitz and plan on breeding them into a Growlithe eventually if anyone wants one when I do. When I start Heart Gold over I was planning on a morning sun Growlithe, breeding the above Metagross, and also having a Larvitar, Evee (prob for a Jolteon or Vaporeon), and a Bagon (since I have 60 plus Garchomp and Dragonite, to complete the collection lol) as my starting team. Getting that Smeargle ready tho made me realize how awesome it is for breeding, never tried it before. I was wanting morning sun, and thought the only option was a lvl 71 Espeon, which was out of the question. When I found out that with next to no effort I could challenge the couple below Solaceon Town and teach it morning sun with a lvl 20 Beautifly, it was :hrt: (didn't hurt that I could tack flare blitz on via my Infernape so I didn't have to wait forever to evolve Growlithe.)

Last edited:
It's been so long since I've got invested in anything pokemon, I wanna get some games for the Wii.

Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott.

The Official English names of the starters from B/W.

I liked Smugleaf better. Tepig is actually pretty good, get it "Teh Pig" haha.

Oshawott is just terrible and Snivy pales in comparison to Smugleaf.

They weren't going to use a name that has become a meme.

Tepig makes me think of tepid. Which actually makes sense since tepid means lukewarm or lacking enthusiasm, something I think was apparent when they were making him and his evolution line.

Oshawott is too weird.

Was wondering if someone could help me with something. I need a Groudon, or atleast a Pokedex entry so I can trade for one. I want to do the whole Groudon, and Kyogre event to get Rayquayza. So was wondering if anyone could either trade a Groudon over to me quick, and then trade right back so I'd have a Pokedex entry. Or be willing to trade a Groudon flat out. I started over so and traded a lot of pokemon over to Platinum beforehand, so I'll have doubles of Kyogre, Mewtwo, the 3 Birds and Beasts if that sounds better (would be willing to trade a few for a Groudon if that's what one of you want to do).

I think you need the Groudon from SS, not any Groudon will work.

That said, I can't help you. I still haven't gotten Ho-oh :csad:

Gotcha, and thanks anyway. Since I just started over more recently, I have a long way to go before I even hit the point where I need a Groudon. So I'm in no rush.

Gotta admit, despite it being a ton of work, I'm really enjoying breeding a team for starting over. I saved before I hatched the eggs, hatched them to make sure it's what I wanted, the transfered everything to my new game. That way after hatching they showed my new game as the original owner.

I ended up with an adamant morning sun and flare blitz growlithe, an adamant beldum, an an adamant dragon dance/stone edge/earthquake larvitar, a wish and ice beam vaporeon, and a modest togekiss. My only iffy one was a naive bagon. I wanted a mixmence, so naive boosts speed while leaving both attack stats from dipping down, however I didn't even give him any breed moves other than dragon claw. I was also planning a spore breloom, and Ursaing or Zangoose (just because I like them, but have never used them), but never got around to it.The main downside is they take forever to level lol. I do look forward to when they hit 65 so I can pit them against my Platinum team heh. Well that, and that I'll have to transfer them back to Platinum to feed them EV reducing berries and redo their stats later on.

Edit - Sorry if practically writing an essay on what I'm currently doing in game annoys anyone, not sure why I type so long winded lol. Guess it's mainly because I won't have much to contribute thread wise until I get my hands on a copy of Black.

Last edited:
No worries. I'm sure most people are like me and just Pokemon'd out. I played Diamond a **** ton 2 years ago, then was playing SoulSilver a lot when it first came out. With Black shortly around the corner, I feel like I need a break.

Just saw this picture and Oh Em Gee it is awesome :awesome:

unovastarterevolutionpo.jpg

The grass and fire starters look cool but the water one is so ****ing awesome. If you were on the fence before, this picture will sell you on him.

all of them are pretty awesome, I think im gunna start with the water starter. Are they combined elements like Diamond/Pearl or are they just the basic fire,water, and grass?

Has anybody heard of Gamestop giving out the three legendary dogs? Apparently they're special colors or something

They're shiny versions. You need one of the dogs to unlock Zoroark and the upcoming Celebi to unlock Zorua.

Raikou was just this weekend. The next one is in 2 weeks I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"