The Pokémon "Turquoise Version" RPG IC Thread

Just another day in the life of the new Faye, a crowd watching in anticipation as she was challenged by yet another Pokemon Master hopeful in Supreme. Much like any other, he started with recognizing her from the multiple battles she'd been displaying around town with fervor. But he figured it would be different for him, as he had strategy, something other Pokemon trainers seemed to lack in many ways. He busted out a Mamoswine in hopes of Faye using her starter pokemon, Charmeleon, thinking it was her strongest one as she used it most it seemed.

Faye did not use Vamp. She decided to go with her strongest Pokemon, her first Pokemon, the one she trained hardest and longest. Marjorie, her Dragonite.

"What? You use a Dragonite on my Mamoswine?" The trainer laughed at her. "Alright then, guess we'll make quick work of this one. Don't think your Dragonite's pseudo-legendary power is enough to stop my ice attacks! Mamoswine, Ice-"

Faye hated using this attack, but she had to make it known her Pokemon weren't chumps. That they knew their stuff, and what they have yet to reveal was something to be considered.

"Extre-" BOOM!!! The Dragonite basically disappeared, leaving a gigantic shockwave which blew Faye back several yards, and sent her tumbling, the air filled with a large ripping sound at the same time as a large thud sound as the Mamoswine was sent flying over the trainers head for dozens of yards.

Faye stretched out her arms in victory as she stood up, before the other trainer about her age, and a fainted Mamoswine on the ground.

"B-but I don't get it!" the guy exclaimed, obviously shocked by the one hit KO he just received.

"Don't stress it-" a large shadow from overhead became a large Dragonite landing on the ground, "losing to Marjorie here isn't exactly the worst thing which could happen. Plus, a Dragonite's wings are considered some of the strongest in the world, and the breed is also known for being some of the world's fastest Pokemon. Her Extreme Speed is too much for most people to handle, even if they have some form of resistance to it." Faye was rubbing her Dragonite's head, who had lowered her head for Faye to pay affection.

"But I had the advantage!"

"True, but if Extreme Speed didn't work, I had other attacks your Mamoswine would've crumpled to based on element types alone. I wouldn't go around assuming element types make the fight. They help, but you should study your Pokemon, other types of Pokemon you're fighting, and if at all possible, your opponents Pokemon."

"But I did! If you just used your Charmeleon-"

"That's why I used Dragonite. If I used Vamp, you probably believed I'd figure I had the win with his fight with his firepower, and you'd crush him with a devastating Earthquake attack. Like I said, you should study different types of Pokemon."

"But how the..?"

Faye sighed, "Look. Your Mamoswine is pretty strong," she pointed as the Mamoswine was getting up already, "And I'm sure you have other powerful Pokemon. Here," she pulls out her PokeGear, "Here's my number. Challenge me whenever you want." She smiled.

He grinned a little goofy, Faye wasn't known for handing out her number like this, "Um.. Sure!" The clicked PokeGear's together, and exchanged numbers.

"Good luck, guy," she waved as her Dragonite walked alongside her.

"Well, looks to me, Marjorie, we pretty much handled all the normal trainers. And I'm definitely not seeing anybody really worth sending out against. Well, maybe that guy back there and the Gym leader. But this is getting boring," Faye frowns a little, "I'm sorry we took such a long break. If we had only kept going before, we'd probably be Champions by now."

Marjorie cooed and rubbed her head against Faye's, causing Faye to laugh.

"So the question is... Stay here? Or go find adventure elsewhere? I want this Gym to be our last Gym to dominate."

"One of them is rumored to have Relicanth scales fossilized within."

Rising up from his bed which lies across the room from Vincent's, Seth is finally interested in the proposal. Vincent knew this would excite Seth. Few Relicanth have ever been discovered, for it is a very rare ancient Pokemon. Malcom Rivers, their father, is one of the few in the Toruko Region to ever encounter it and also catch one. Just seeing those fossilized scales...while most likely not of the same Relicanth his father had...is a way of remembrance to their father. Always caught up on finding rare and mysterious Water-type Pokemon, Malcom used to tell his boys so many things he discovered on his adventures.

"Count me in, Vinnie. We'll check it out after breakfast."

vriversbanner1.png

Vincent Rivers - Gym Leader & Pokémon Aide Extraordinaire
-------------------------------------------------------
-----------------

Vincent noticed that Seth kinda rushed through breakfast a bit faster than usual, but he didn't comment on it. You'd normally expect the youngest of a pair of brothers to be attached to their father as they would be more dependant on him but no one loved their father as much as Seth did. The fact that Vincent saw his older brother have such excitement and enthusiasm with something like this solely because of its ties to their father made him smile.

"Yo Vinnie! Come on! You don't gotta be a fatty and finish that last scone dude."

"But I love blueberry sco--aahh fine! Argh. Whatever. I'm coming!"

Wiping his mouth with a napkin and leaving a tip on the desk for their server at the PokeCenter's breakfast buffet in the dining room, Vincent grabs makes sure to let his Squirtle and Mantyke out of the Pokeballs. Being the youngest of the Pokemon he had with them, they have yet to outgrow that phase of traveling outside of their balls. Mantyke glided throughout the PokeCenter in swirling motions, eventually making way to the door before Vincent and Squirtle who remained latched onto his back did.

But as Vincent regrouped with his brother and his ever spirited Mantyke, there was a crowd outside of the Fossil Research Facility on the other side of town in the distance.

"Uh oh."

Walking up the path with his Pokemon and Seth, Vincent could tell whatever the reason was for the crowd it could not be good news.

joncard2-1.png
As Owen and Jon travel along route 102, Owen marvels at the sheer beauty of it. This area of the Toruko Region had been so lush with life and everywhere you looked it was like an endless sea of green. Which makes Owen just wonder how amazing Willow Town itself will look.
"Help help!"

A young girl trainer runs up to the duo, out of breath as she was exhausted. She finally gathers herself, and explains what exactly is going on to the two confused guys in front of her.

"There's these two thugs. They wanted to battle. So I figured, you know, all right; I have a Wooper and a Hoppip. So a 2v2 Pokemon match was no problem to me. But they cheated! I won the battle and then they threw down some sort of smoke bomb and stole my Pokemon!"

"Criminals. Few things bug me more than someone who cannot respect the relationship between a person and their Pokemon. We'll track those hooligans down. What did they look like?"

"They were wearing white and black outfits, with a tattered red letter on their chests. Couldn't really see what the letter was because their uniforms looked like they were way over due on being replaced."

Reaching into his satchel, Owen grabs a Pokeball and presses the button.

"Dunsparce! We've got two thieves on the loose! Use dig to get around faster and cast an Earthquake when you see two guys in white and black uniform with a torn red letter on their chests. That way we know exactly where to go should you find them first."

Quickly Dunsparce uses dig and burrows itself into the ground. Owen turns to Jon as he grabs another Pokeball from his satchell. Releasing his Meganium he nods.

"Ready, Jon?"

"You know it!"

Turning to the female trainer, Jon gave her a look of reassurance.

"Don't worry. We'll get them back..."

Going by Owen's example, Jon grabbed a Pokeball from his belt and pressed the center button, releasing his first caught Pokemon.

[YT]PMO0mQi4WVU[/YT]​

"Pachirisu! Help us find these crooks!"

Jon then followed Owen's lead and the duo and their Pokemon followed Owen's Dunsparce. Soon enough, Jon spotted what appeared to be two black-clad figures in the distance, and a tremor in the ground confirmed his suspicions.

"Over there, Owen! There's the thieves!"

Last edited:
OwenBruer.png

As Owen and his Meganium catch up with his Dunsparce, he approaches the two thieves with Jon.

"You guys are gonna hand back those 2 Pokemon you stole, else you answer to us."

The two thieves look at each other, as if confused, but it is because they most certainly do not find Owen or Jon to be a threat. Owen does not come across as a strong trainer, especially with his obvious trademarks that shows he is a brewer. And Jon...well, it seems they are not too impressed with his Pachirisu.

"Hah!"

"You think we are intimidated by you? Hey Butch."

"Yea?"

"Your Pokemon all healed up from that Super Potion you gave it?"

"Should be. What about yours Clyde?"

"Oh yea...Qwilfish is definitely rested and good to go I'd say."

Taking Pokeballs off their belts, both of them release their Pokemon. Out from the flash of light rises a Numel and a Qwilfish. Snickering, the two thieves crack their knuckles before gesturing their Pokemon to get ready for battle. Owen looks over to his Meganium.

"That Numel can do some nasty damage to you, Meganium. Let's let Dunsparce do the work. Who knows, maybe once that Numel is taken out, I'll send you out. I know you want to kick these thieves butts as much as I do."

Returning his Pokemon to its Pokeball, the two thugs laugh.

"Haha! You're making your mistake showing that you fear us."

"It's not fear, it's strategy and I care about my Pokemon. If I can save Meganium a trip to the PokeCenter for burn heals, I will do it. Make no mistake though, my Dunsparce and Jon's Panchirisu are going to give you guys the whooping of a lifetime! Dunsparce, dig into the ground!"

"Numel cast Earthquake! Get that little snake out in the open!"
"Qwilfish do Sludge Bomb! Poison that little squirrel and slow him down!"

As Owen and his Meganium catch up with his Dunsparce, he approaches the two thieves with Jon.
"You guys are gonna hand back those 2 Pokemon you stole, else you answer to us."

The two thieves look at each other, as if confused, but it is because they most certainly do not find Owen or Jon to be a threat. Owen does not come across as a strong trainer, especially with his obvious trademarks that shows he is a brewer. And Jon...well, it seems they are not too impressed with his Pachirisu.

"Hah!"

"You think we are intimidated by you? Hey Butch."

"Yea?"

"Your Pokemon all healed up from that Super Potion you gave it?"

"Should be. What about yours Clyde?"

"Oh yea...Qwilfish is definitely rested and good to go I'd say."

Taking Pokeballs off their belts, both of them release their Pokemon. Out from the flash of light rises a Numel and a Qwilfish. Snickering, the two thieves crack their knuckles before gesturing their Pokemon to get ready for battle. Owen looks over to his Meganium.

"That Numel can do some nasty damage to you, Meganium. Let's let Dunsparce do the work. Who knows, maybe once that Numel is taken out, I'll send you out. I know you want to kick these thieves butts as much as I do."

Returning his Pokemon to its Pokeball, the two thugs laugh.

"Haha! You're making your mistake showing that you fear us."

"It's not fear, it's strategy and I care about my Pokemon. If I can save Meganium a trip to the PokeCenter for burn heals, I will do it. Make no mistake though, my Dunsparce and Jon's Panchirisu are going to give you guys the whooping of a lifetime! Dunsparce, dig into the ground!"

"Numel cast Earthquake! Get that little snake out in the open!"
"Qwilfish do Sludge Bomb! Poison that little squirrel and slow him down!"

NewJonCard1.png

"Pachirisu, use Protect! Then follow up with Spark!" Jon said in his best commanding voice.

Jon's Pachirisu then proceeded to create a small energy shield to protect itself from the Qwilfish's poisonous sludge ball. The Qwilfish sat there confused as it's attack was deflected, and Pachirisu took that oppurtunity to charge it's body with electricity and tackling into the Qwilfish, knoking it out in one hit.

Must've been super-effective... Jon thought to himself.

"Good job, Pachirisu. Return."

"What the...? You little BRAT!" the Grunt yelled out in defeat as he ran to his partner.

Turning to Owen, Jon looked as his friend's Dunsparce was in a sticky situation.

"How are you holding up, Owen? Need a hand?"

Last edited:
OwenBruer.png

The enemies' Numel directed its Earthquake attack directly where Owen's Dunsparce tried to move to throw it off. Given the terrain, Dunsparce wasn't able to move beneath the ground fast enough to keep it quiet. With Dunsparce launched into the air, Butch commands his Numel with ferocity.

"Fill the air with fire, Numel! Lava Plume and burn that little ground snake!"

"Dunsparce, try to get back on the ground quick! Try to use Roost and get some of your energy back! Dunsparce!"

But before Owen's Pokemon is able to get to the ground, the enemy Numel shoots a sporadic firing of lava as it uses its Lava Plume attack instantly. By the time the land snake Pokemon is finally back on the ground, it suffers not only all kinds of damage but an uncanny burn. As it tries to get up, it suffers from burn and does not use its Roost ability.

Turning to Owen, Jon looked as his friend's Dunsparce was in a sticky situation.

"How are you holding up, Owen? Need a hand?"

"I'm good, Jon. All it means is I'm going to have to change it up. Dunsparce, return!"

Recalling his Pokemon, Owen worries little for he has the remedies to cook up a Burn Heal which would take no time at all. Digging into his satchel, he pulls out another Pokeball. Looking at it a brief second, he kisses it for good luck before chucking the ball onto the battlefield.

"Shuckle, go! That Numel hurt your buddy Dunsparce. Show no mercy with one nasty Rockslide!"

The instant the Shuckle appears, already it springs into action. It jumps in the air, flipping and turning on its side to spin rapidly. As it crashes down, a barrage of rocks from the ground shoot at the Numel across the field like a wave of force. Butch is speechless at the ferocity of Owen's Shuckle, thinking the trainer to be nothing but a Herbalist and therefore all of his Pokemon to be weak. The thief is struck with such shock, he isn't able to give his Numel a command in time and the Numb Pokemon takes the Rockslide attack with full force.

Instantly, Butch's Numel faints from the attack as it collapses to the ground.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"