Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit

It's what Jack Ryan and James Bond have in common.

zardoz.gif
I'm about to have lunch and this seriously disturbed me :huh::hehe:

They really need to make this movie already...

I really don't get why Paramount just doesn't remake The Hunt for Red October and adapt the entire book series like how Warner Bros. has adapted Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings and Fox adapting the Chronicles of Narnia. Jack Ryan isn't Bond for crying out loud!

Rainbow...Six. Before the world stops fearing terrorism again.

I'm so over Jack Ryan. I'm all for a Splinter Cell movie.

Paramount Pictures is negotiating with Chris Pine to play CIA analyst Jack Ryan in the reboot of the franchise based on the Tom Clancy novels.

Pine is positioned to topline his second Par franchise. He played James T. Kirk in "Star Trek," the J.J. Abrams-directed summer hit, and will reprise the role in the sequel.

Pine is separately in talks to team with director D.J. Caruso in the Paramount drama "The Art of Making Money," early next year.

Talks have just started, but Pine is expected to come aboard the Jack Ryan film as the project is still taking shape. The studio and producers Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Mace Neufeld are working with a script draft by Hossein Amini, based on an original concept.

They are still in deep development and it is unclear whether Pine would make another "Star Trek" before the Jack Ryan film. He will clearly be working often for Paramount over the next several years.

Pine, currently starring with Denzel Washington in the Tony Scott-directed "Unstoppable" for Fox, is vying to be the fourth actor to play Ryan, the CIA analyst in the Par film series.

Alec Baldwin originated the character in 1990's "The Hunt for Red October," Harrison Ford played him in 1992's "Patriot Games" and 1994's "Clear and Present Danger," and Ben Affleck played Ryan in 2002's "The Sum of All Fears."

Pine’s repped by SDB Partners and Carrabino Management.
SOURCE

That could be cool. Pine rocks.

Chris Pine would be pretty good IMO. I'd be fine with either him or Gosling.

Still think Ford is at the right age to play Ryan in Debt of Honour and Executive Decision....

But Pine could be interesting as a rebooted Ryan..... if it's done right. (Hope they get Clancy on board as well)

I like Pine
there are alot of good choices for new Jack Ryan

Pine
Ackles
Porter
Jackson
McKenzie

so Im not worried about casting

As long as Ben Afleck stays far, far away from this movie, I'll be happy.

Sounds to me like Star Trek 2 won't make its summer 2011 release date as originally said. Sounds like something I said...yesterday morning.

I think it's great that Chris Pine is set to play the new Jack Ryan, but I wonder what novel they will adapt to reboot the franchise; I thought Affleck's Sum of All Fear was supposed to be the reboot and Affleck was playing that new and inexperienced CIA analyst in the movie. I just hope this won't conflict with Star Trek 2 because I really want to see the further adventure of the Enterprise.

I think it's great that Chris Pine is set to play the new Jack Ryan, but I wonder what novel they will adapt to reboot the franchise; I thought Affleck's Sum of All Fear was supposed to be the reboot and Affleck was playing that new and inexperienced CIA analyst in the movie. I just hope this won't conflict with Star Trek 2 because I really want to see the further adventure of the Enterprise.
This isn't supposed to based on any particular novel. It's an original story.

Last edited:

That won't happen since both Star Trek and the new Jack Ryan movie are properties of Paramount.

Some are saying he's too young, but the ****er is almost 30.

wait is it confirmed or is it just that hes in talks

wait is it confirmed or is it just that hes in talks

I think it's confirmed.

"Tom Clancy created an unforgettable character with Jack Ryan. With Chris in this role, we've taken our first step in creating a re-boot that lives up to the successful lineage of the franchise," Paramount said in a statement Tuesday night.

I love this idea. Can totally see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"