Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit

Kenneth Branagh as the villian? That should be great and dramatic. Oh and definitely Evie.

Slowly and steady this is moving along, I think it's good that Branagh is directing. Not sure if I want to see Knightley in another franchise since she's doing just fine with her recent choices but if she wants to pick a high-profile project then it should be one that's good, which hopefully this one, I'm just a bit worried due to all the rewrites. However Felicity is a star in the making after Like Crazy and I think she'd have a good chemistry with Pine so she wouldn't be a bad choice at all.

So, seems that Keira Knightley beat Evangeline Lilly & Felicity Jones and she's now in negotiations for the role. :up:

Keira Knightley is in negotiations to star opposite Chris Pine in Paramount's franchise hopeful Jack Ryan, sources close to the film tell The Hollywood Reporter. Branagh auditioned a number of women for the part two weeks ago (including Lost's Evangeline Lilly and Like Crazy's Felicity Jones) before re-engaging Knightley, who Paramount initially approached.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/keira-knightley-wins-female-lead-360829

My interest has definitely increased but I'm still a bit surprised Keira's willing to get into another franchise and considering her status that she took upon this particular role, hopefully it's more substantial than your regular damsel in distress.

Let's see if he interjects that Harrison Ford-like vibe he has.

Let's hope Paramount changes the title or gives it a subtitle (IE Jack Ryan: Moscow) because 'Jack Reacher', 'Alex Cross', and 'John Carter' have filled up the "New or Rebooted Franchise whose first film is just the character's name" quota.

You know the marketing and trailer will mention it's the newest adventure of Jack Ryan while trying to tie in the previous flicks so we know who the **** it is.

If this movie gets 'Jack Ryan' as a title, then John Clark got off easy with his future film adaptation of 'No Remorse'. (Unless this happens: Comes 2014, this summer....Paramount's 'John Clark'.)

Not afraid of the wrath of Hobbit (or Walter Mitty or 47 Ronin). Don't blame em.

Eh, take her or leave her. She's cool when she wanna be.

:o

Well, she is my favorite. So I will always take her.

She was probably the most likable in that Steve Carrell flick to me. I'll own up to that one.

Have you seen Joe Wright's Pride & Prejudice? It is my favorite performance from her and a great film. More so then Pirates it is the one that really got me.

I like her in her smaller, indie films. They allow her stretch her acting skills for something more complex and complicated. Otherwise, in her mainstream roles, she doesn't have the charisma to play more traditional straight-laced l roles. Ironically

One wonders whether JACK REACHER will affect this film's box office if it bombs.

I'll see anything Branagh directs. He's big, theatrical, overblown, and passionate. I love it.

He is the Brian Blessed of directing.

hr_Jack_Ryan_1-1.jpg

I really hope this doesn't suck. I love Clancy and i don't wanna see this suffer the same fate as TSOAF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"