Far From Home Jake Gyllenhaal is...Mysterio?

You need to watch Nightcrawler if you think this.

I was also gonna say this, so third!!!

Jake was a straight up creep in that movie. He most definitely has range, and can lose weight to go from handsome to Galveston.

Gyllenhaal was going to replace Maguire in Spider-Man 2 if he hadn't recovered from his back injury so this is full circle for him. :woot:

Wasn't it also a dispute over Maguire wanting more money, too?

This is going to be a pretty out there theory, but give it a read.
I just saw this video today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ihfd3aXjCgs&t=281s

It got me thinking....imagine for a minute that this was canon; what if Uncle Ben was showing Peter these films...not just because he loves movies, but because he was an aspiring film-maker. What if in this universe...Mysterio isn't Quentin Beck....but UNCLE BEN?!

Imagine if his "death" was an elaborate rouse using special effects and over several months/years he honed his skills to become a supervillain? That would be an interesting new take on the character PLUS he's the right age that you can picture him being with Marissa Tomei's Aunt May.

Obviously this could all be total bollocks, and I'm honestly just spit-balling and came up with this idea literally 5 minutes ago, but hey, I had fun thinking about it:woot: Let me know what you think.

This is going to be a pretty out there theory, but give it a read.
I just saw this video today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ihfd3aXjCgs&t=281s

It got me thinking....imagine for a minute that this was canon; what if Uncle Ben was showing Peter these films...not just because he loves movies, but because he was an aspiring film-maker. What if in this universe...Mysterio isn't Quentin Beck....but UNCLE BEN?!

Imagine if his "death" was an elaborate rouse using special effects and over several months/years he honed his skills to become a supervillain? That would be an interesting new take on the character PLUS he's the right age that you can picture him being with Marissa Tomei's Aunt May.

Obviously this could all be total bollocks, and I'm honestly just spit-balling and came up with this idea literally 5 minutes ago, but hey, I had fun thinking about it:woot: Let me know what you think.

You know... if they hadn't made uncle Ben practically not relevant in the MCU version, this would've been a great idea.

But adding that now would seem like they're literally trying to destroy everyone's picture of Ben by making him a villain. And I wouldn't like that.

No freaking way. Do Uncle Ben properly please, no more ino characters.

Wasn't it also a dispute over Maguire wanting more money, too?

Yep. Maguire got his injury and said he needed more time to heal. The studio got pissed and were ready to replace him with Jake. Maguire was worried about losing the role and talked to his then girlfriend (ex-wife now)'s dad who rain the studio and they salvaged the situation all the while tripling his first Spider-man salary.

Looks like they’re not giving Quentin his “Spock” haircut and letting Gyllenhaal keep his beard.

It's cool, Keaton didn't shave his head to be completely bald for Vulture either.

Nah mate.. they'll just CGI out the beard ;)
Lmaoo. Yeah ‘cause the stunts in this movie are about to be outta this world. “Trust me, when you see the movie, there’s no way we coulda had him wear a fake beard.”

It's cool, Keaton didn't shave his head to be completely bald for Vulture either.
Yeah, same thing here probably. Guess I was expecting that cartoonish Quentin Beck look. Clean shaven, Spock haircut.

Lmaoo. Yeah ‘cause the stunts in this movie are about to be outta this world. “Trust me, when you see the movie, there’s no way we coulda had him wear a fake beard.”

Yeah, same thing here probably. Guess I was expecting that cartoonish Quentin Beck look. Clean shaven, Spock haircut.

The haircut could be a wig...

DjTB0oaU0AAoIVe.jpg

Lol, the other guy looks more like Quentin Beck than Gyllenhaal does.

Maybe Mysterio is using an illusion to make him look like that but in reality he has the goofy haircut and pimples.

God I love those glasses on him though. Very master of mystery ish

I wanna see some fan art of Gyllenhaal as Mysterio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"