Guardians of the Galaxy James Gunn back to direct

I think 2022 is more likely, Gunn will likely need to available for reshoots, post production, press etc for The Suicide Squad so the earliest he could shoot GOTG3 would be September 2021, I suspect as part of the deal to have Gunn direct GOTG3, they can't have both films in the same year.

Scripts already done, though. As long as they can get locations and the cast ready, they can film next year realistically.

Eternals I think was to shoot this year, right? That being the case, I think Black Widow and Eternals are basically locked for next year. Shang-Chi I can see being delayed. Dr. Strange 2 and GotG3 I see being 2021 movies. Possibly with BP2 depending how far Coogler is.
Yeah, I think Eternals is supposed to start shooting towards the end of the year.

This is how I think the slate is looking post Far From Home
2020: Black Widow and Eternals
2021: Black Panther 2, Doctor Strange 2, Shang-Chi and probably Spidey 3
2022: Captain Marvel 2, Guardians 3 and maybe Ant-Man 3

Yeah, I think Eternals is supposed to start shooting towards the end of the year.

This is how I think the slate is looking post Far From Home
2020: Black Widow and Eternals
2021: Black Panther 2, Doctor Strange 2, Shang-Chi and probably Spidey 3
2022: Captain Marvel 2, Guardians 3 and maybe Ant-Man 3

We'll have to see how Spidey pans out. I can see that in 2021 or 2022. Largely depends on how things go between Sony and Marvel. I am going to say, I think this news delays Shang-Chi to 2022. I think this will get fast tracked over it.

Scripts already done, though. As long as they can get locations and the cast ready, they can film next year realistically.
I think that's the plan. It might not be til late next year though

We'll have to see how Spidey pans out. I can see that in 2021 or 2022. Largely depends on how things go between Sony and Marvel. I am going to say, I think this news delays Shang-Chi to 2022. I think this will get fast tracked over it.

I think the third Spider-Man film will be 2022.

I wouldn't fast track it, let him concentrate on SS2 and transition naturally into GOTG 3

I wouldn't be surprised if contractually he won't be able to go from The Suicide Squad to Guardians 3 until a certain date.

This is the right call, I think.

We need to be able to distinguish between something that is really disqualifying, as compared to something that was wrong, but which can be a part of learning and growth. Particularly when someone is being targeted in bad faith, as was the case here.

I'm with you on Spidey 3 - I think it could be '21 or '22. I could also see Shang-Chi getting pushed back. I'd love to see Black Panther 2, Guardians 3 then Doctor Strange 2 in '21.

Thank God Feige said they'll do 4 films a year because '21 and or '22 could both have 4 a year, haha

I think that's the plan. It might not be til late next year though

Even if done late next year, easily can be release 2021. It would still get same post-production time table 1 & 2 got.

THIS IS AWESOME!! I'm all about forgiving people for their past mistakes, so long as no one was drastically hurt by the things they did. Gunn's stuff he said was stupid and offensive...but Disney knew about it beforehand. Good to see that they got their wits back, and now we'll get the Vol. 3 we always deserved!!
YES!!

I'm with you on Spidey 3 - I think it could be '21 or '22. I could also see Shang-Chi getting pushed back. I'd love to see Black Panther 2, Guardians 3 then Doctor Strange 2 in '21.

Thank God Feige said they'll do 4 films a year because '21 and or '22 could both have 4 a year, haha

I think 2021 is def the start of the 4 film year trend. I also think this news maybe puts X-Men/FF films being a little further off. Which is okay. I think a few FOX characters will appear in other things before they start making films around them.

Even if done late next year, easily can be release 2021. It would still get same post-production time table 1 & 2 got.
I'm just looking forward to D23 when Feige gives us an official update on everything.
I think 2021 is def the start of the 4 film year trend. I also think this news maybe puts X-Men/FF films being a little further off. Which is okay. I think a few FOX characters will appear in other things before they start making films around them.
I definitely think a break from the X-Men will be a good idea. I think the Fantastic 4 or at least someone like Reed or Johnny could show up in other films first.

Yeah we were all on an infinity war high and the future looked bright then bam!

What I really can't wait for is his return to social media...I miss him, just stay away from the political weirdos

Back in July I said that if Disney rehired Gunn, it would give me a lot of respect for them as a company. Well, this indeed does. As someone who's iffy on Disney, this gives me a lot of respect for them. Sticking to their guns just because they think caving is "weakness" is a dangerous thing to do. You have to be willing to backpedal on your mistakes, and I'm glad Disney is able to do that. Bring on Guardians 3!

I'm just looking forward to D23 when Feige gives us an official update on everything.

I definitely think a break from the X-Men will be a good idea. I think the Fantastic 4 or at least someone like Reed or Johnny could show up in other films first.

Agreed. I think GotG3 may even be the introduction of the Silver Surfer potentially. I think the Surfer is going to be one of the first FOX guys, given Adam McKay's very publicly noted interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"