Jason Momoa is Aquaman! - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks who's FAN OF AQUAMAN!!!!
John Barrowman.
B2lo-C-CEAEbnhp.jpg

Last edited:
You are...you know you are...search your feelings...you know it to be true...

Haha oh that barrowman!

Wonder if he might want to play orm?

I wonder if he is going to be blonde in the movie.

If it looks right it would be good.

I wonder if he is going to be blonde in the movie.

I hope not to be honest. I don't think blonde hair would look good on momoa and anyway it's not that important

Beg to differ. As I posted previously, the blonde hair curse was a big part of Aquaman lore, certainly when I read the title. I dunno, I must have missed something - have they retconned the whole curse/abandonment thing? Is that why some dont think it matters? Because this isnt just some cosmetic change that is ultimately of little consequence like Daniel Craig being blonde or Hugh Jackman being a foot too tall - this is something that doesnt fit with an important part of the characters history; a key, defining trait which caused a key, defining event which shaped the very character of the character.

Beg to differ. As I posted previously, the blonde hair curse was a big part of Aquaman lore, certainly when I read the title. I dunno, I must have missed something - have they retconned the whole curse/abandonment thing? Is that why some dont think it matters? Because this isnt just some cosmetic change that is ultimately of little consequence like Daniel Craig being blonde or Hugh Jackman being a foot too tall - this is something that doesnt fit with an important part of the characters history; a key, defining trait which caused a key, defining event which shaped the very character of the character.

I wouldn't be against it. It certainly would be more striking as a curse since it looks unnatural to Momoa. So that works.

And yet people are pursecuted for looking different every day.

If he was cursed to look like Mary Feldman, perhaps.

But blonde hair? Really? Gingers are picked on more, why not have them be the center of pity? :o

A blonde hair curse just sounds really stupid though.

It's not like a magical curse, but a historical shame kind of curse.

Like how the Targaryens in GoT have blond hair.

Exactly. It's an age old [negative] superstition within Atlantean culture; superstitions may be 'stupid' but that does make the consequences of said superstition any more acceptable. People have committed many evil acts based on superstitions and I dont see how a baby being abandoned on the back of a cultural superstition can be 'stupid'.

But, its a curse...a curse of blonde hair...People are going to shun a man...for having blonde hair!

I'm sure the Atlanteans have some beliefs in curses and superstitions, just as we do. But it's bound to raise the odd eyebrow and chuckle when people see Aquaman be spat upon...for having blonde hair :o

But, its a curse...a curse of blonde hair...People are going to shun a man...for having blonde hair!

I'm sure the Atlanteans have some beliefs in curses and superstitions, just as we do. But it's bound to raise the odd eyebrow and chuckle when people see Aquaman be spat upon...for having blonde hair :o

You do realize that happens in real life?

Red heads, non-black hair in Asia, blonde aborigines. People get attacked for being different. Why does this surprise you enough to laugh at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"