Apocalypse Jennifer Lawrence Could Be... Anybody? - The Mystique Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
bc unlike Mystique, he hadnt fully accepted the physical changes associated with his mutation. The stuff with Beast anyway was plot driven BS for Xavier as they tried to delay him turning into the Professor that we all were accustomed to

Just because he didn't accept it does that mean he should have found a cure? They wanted an excuse to carry on and they found it, same can apply to raven, I doubt very much singer would feel they couldn't do something if they wanted to go back to it, lame excuse or not

You want time travel powers give it to kitty, done, want wolverine to have his metal claws back with no explanation, done, you want xavier alive with no explanation, done, you want Charles to walk again? Create a serum, want Hank to be Hank? then use the same serum, want to throw the ending of FC out the window? Put Eric in jail and kill off azazel,Emma ect

This franchise has done it a lot when you think about it, you are lucky to get any excuse at all ;p

Last edited:
Just because he didn't accept it does that mean he should have found a cure? They wanted an excuse to carry on and they found it, same can apply to raven, I doubt very much singer would feel they couldn't do something if they wanted to go back to it, lame excuse or not

You want time travel powers give it to kitty, done, want wolverine to have his metal claws back with no explanation, done, you want xavier alive with no explanation, done, you want Charles to walk again? Create a serum, want Hank to be Hank? then use the same serum, want to throw the ending of FC out the window? Put Eric in jail and kill off azazel,Emma ect

this franchise has done it a lot when you think about it
Him not accepting it is motivation for trying to find a cure.

So your point is that this franchise doesnt respect continuity and continually screws up with various plotlines and characters? No argument there as its an issue Ive had for a while, especially since news about this film has rolled out

Couple people asked why she keeps going back to default Jennifer Lawrence identity.

1. That's obviously what she associates with as her human guise.

2. Maybe she just likes being an attractive blonde.

Right I mean I guess that's c even true for the OT with "Grace" but yeah it is strange especially when Mystique's defacto guise was a brunette.

Mystique isn't one liner in X2.
She speaks a lot there.

Yeah people forget that. That being said they did Kittyize Mysique in FC like they did to Rouge in the OT.

Right I mean I guess that's c even true for the OT with "Grace" but yeah it is strange especially when Mystique's defacto guise was a brunette.

But that was X3 and alot of things happened in X3, including angel and psylocke mark 1

Last edited:
Rebecca delivered even as a henchmen.

See its like a couple of the the 80s and 90s action stars that had their period, arnold schwarzenegger for example, no one classed him as an amazing actor back then but he could do the action hero stuff, he acted badass and delivered the one liners that were required for the typical action hero stuff just like he did with the terminator which he is still best known for even though he was playing an emotionless robot with a couple of lines.

Thats kinda how i see OT mystique, she wasn't required to pull off any hard emotion, she pretty much just had to emotionless for the most part and then coldly or angrily say the odd line occasionally

Now like arnold with the terminator people can really get into that badass cold approach of the character just like they can with OT mystique but there is obviously a big different in terms of baggage for jennifers mystique then there was ever for rebeccas

Last edited:
See its like a couple of the the 80s and 90s action stars that had their period, arnold schwarzenegger for example, no one classed him as an amazing actor back then but he could do the action hero stuff, he acted badass and delivered the one liners that were required for the typical action hero stuff just like he did with the terminator which he is still best known for even though he was playing an emotionless robot with a couple of lines.

Thats kinda how i see OT mystique, she wasn't required to pull off any hard emotion, she pretty much just had to emotionless for the most part and then coldly or angrily say the odd line occasionally

Now like arnold with the terminator people can really get into that badass cold approach of the character just like they can with OT mystique but there is obviously a big different in terms of baggage for jennifers mystique then there was ever for rebeccas

However much you defend JLaw she still drops the ball as Raven. I won't say Mystique because it's like polar opposite but as Raven her lines are forced and don't come across well. As I said though so far Apocalypse does look promising.

This would have been the PERFECT chance to go for the clothed Mystique we know from comics and cartoons. The naked character design works really well with OT Mystique and emphasizes her as a creepy assassin, but for an actress that doesn't like the make up and would rather go full on Raven, that should have been a proper compromise. Enough room for her skin to breathe and cutting a good third of the time sitting in the make up chair, and a classic look for the fans.

After seeing that new movie poster, I guess not. But I look forward for a brighter day.

7378_10205645638808015_7118241899402428369_n.jpg

Last edited:
Mee too. Send her away at the final and come back with Destiny/Rogue in the 2nd movie of the next trilogy. J.Law can go, but not Mystique. I hope J.Law stays though. She can take a break for 1-2 films I think.

Idk if I want her back if she leaves unless they make her full on verbatim copy of comic's Mystique it isn't something I'd care to see. I really would rather her not be aroundafter this film for a while.

We're finally getting this franchise back on track after poor planning and untimely character deaths and people are already asking for another character to be killed off lol.

Of course, there have been a few people saying not everyone makes it out alive at the end of this film so...can't rule out the possibility.

KILL OFF Mystique, sorry I mean Raven! No more hiding!

KILL OFF Mystique, sorry I mean Raven! No more hiding!

Lol yass
I do feel after this movie we will get a break from Mystique then they can bring her back in the 90s with a young Rogue with a new actress playing Mystique and get rid of that tired slick back.

As someone who really enjoyed Lawrence's Mystique in XFC and DOFP, and I like the idea of making her a little sister to Charles Xavier and thus conflicted between Charles and Magneto's philosophy, I think we don't need Mystique again for a while.

For starters, Jennifer Lawrence, who I adore in most films, doesn't have her heart in it. While it did not effect the quality of DOFP, I think we are seeing it being a possible hurdle for Apocalypse since there is no good reason she should be in non-blue form while in the mansion or in battle. But here we are.

I think they need to find a grace note to end her conflict with Charles in a hopefully bittersweet way (I'd hate for her to become just a villain that hates him again, comics fidelity be damned).

But after that, I think the character can make room for those that really need to take centerstage like Scott, Jean, Storm, and even Rogue, and for those that have not been explored at all like Cable and Gambit.

Can we really say there's no good reason until we see the movie? What if storywise she's human because Apocalpyse, scolding her for fighting for the humans, takes her mutancy away or something?

I'm fine with this being the end of her arc for a while. She's gotten a good amount of focus over three films. I don't think the character needs to be killed off. I'd rather see her go off on her own with hints of a darker future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"