Jessica Jones Jessica Jones General Discussion Thread - Part 2

Yeah I wish the wait wasn't so long, as I loved the hell out of this show, but if we have to wait we have to wait I suppose.

I hope that Season 2 is more of a Daughters of the Dragon series that explores the aftermath of The Defenders. Something where after being purchased by Rand-Meachum, Alias Investigations renames itself Heroes For Hire. Daniel is running the parent company, Luke is away taking care of something and Matt is busy with his law practice so it's mostly Jessica, Trish, Misty and Colleen with Malcom supporting.

Killgrave is dead and I want Simpson saved for Daredevil Season 3 so I'd like to see a new villain and want this season do be a whodunnit where nothing is what it seems. Jessica would be hired by a mysterious client who isn't a character from the comics at all to investigate the deaths of several of his colleagues who are being picked off one by one by a serial killer. We don't learn who the killer is until the final episode but he's strongly implied to be Raul Bushman who led a unit for the PMC he works for to fight HYDRA in some ruins in Egypt. It turns out that Jessica has actually been hired by HYDRA to find out who the killer is and what his connection is to a billionaire named Steven Grant who doesn't even exist and a black helicopter flown by a man who claims to only be in town because his brother was recently killed at JFK airport.

The killer is actually a cab driver that Colleen hired when investigating a recent crime scene who was part of Bushman's unit who got left for dead and is now living under an alias. He's previously been described as, "the man in the white hood" by witnesses but never seen in costume until the final episode.

Jessica is pregnant for most of the season and leaves much of the adventuring to Misty and Colleen. Hogarth is mostly ensuring that the Heroes For Hire follow the law and absolutely loses her cool when she finds out that Jessica took on a contract for HYDRA and tries to get her to break it off and takes it even worse when Colleen gets arrested for murder before getting cleared since she didn't have any crescent shaped knives and witnesses spotted, "the man in the white hood" inside the building before Colleen found the room.

As for how the killer gets away with everything? He drives to his victims as a cabbie and the helicopter pilot picks him up. He was using Colleen to find his target since he knew that she was trying to warn him and could easily frame her. Jessica convinces him to let her client live so he can stand trial and lets the killer get away since he's ultimately made the same choice she did when she chose to murder Killgrave. Misty is less than happy with Jessica's choice since she basically let a serial killer escape AND let a HYDRA operative live but what Jessica wanted more than anything was to solve the case and get closure and when she gets back to her office, she burns her notes so that Marc Spector can continue to operate as a vigilante while Hogarth protests.

Marvel's next Netflix series? MOON KNIGHT! We'd have Marc Spector, Raul Bushman and Jean-Paul DuChamp already set up. We'd get a back door pilot, a Daughters of the Dragon story and great whodunnit in one season. The only problem that I could see with this happening is if Marvel confirm Moon Knight in their marketing before release. A mystery wouldn't work if you give the plot away before everything is over.

I'd also try to get Paul Rudd to cameo as Scott Lang in one episode and still have Luke appear in an episode or two. Danielle wouldn't get born until the last scene of the last episode.

http://mcuexchange.com/jessica-jone...of-kilgrave-and-feature-more-side-characters/

The second season will deal with the fallout of the Kilgrave incident:

One never just stops having that experience. It becomes a part of who they are, but she’s a survivor and that’s what I’ve always loved about her. The interesting thing is so yes she’s a victim of rape and assault, but the thing that was the ultimate rape of her was to turn her into a murderer. So at the end, she has to do it again and this time it’s her choice and she kills someone. Yes, someone who we all probably think deserves it, but ultimately she is taking a life with her own hands and that is not something that she walks away from going, “Yeah!” She feels that. Taking a life to Jessica Jones is a very very serious, life changing experience.

Supporting characters will also be fleshed out (hopefully we see no more of that annoying twin girl Robyn):
That’s the trick of a show called Jessica Jones. If she’s not in the scene, it’s not a guarantee that scene will end up in the final picture. You have to earn secondary character stories. You have to build, you have to flesh them out enough so that they can carry stories of their own, which is very much what season 1 was about, kind of bringing other characters. I’m hopeful that I can at least give her a day off in the six month period. This is a very hard working woman, but I think it’s important that there be some balance.

It'll be interesting to see where they plan to go with the second season. Unlike Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist or Punisher, Jessica Jones is a relatively new character who doesn't really have many storylines outside of Alias and Pulse, so hopefully they have a strong idea of where they want to take the character.

Bendis is doing more Alias and has already told Melissa Rosenberg some stuff.

I'm sure Rosenberg has her own ideas for what she wants to do. Jessica in the comics and Jessica in the show are in different stages of their life.

I hope that if we get a female villain in this season, that it's Moonstone since I want to see Thunderbolts.

I hope that if we get a female villain in this season, that it's Moonstone since I want to see Thunderbolts.

I can't see Moonstone being a good choice. She's not a street level character at all. Her power level is way beyond Jessica and Luke. It would be like making Loki the villain.

Moonstone belongs in the Captain Marvel series.

A character like Superia would be far better suited as a Jessica Jones villain. She could be head scientist at IGH

I'd rather they introduce a true AIM instead (which might nor work on a show like this, though).

I would love to see a more comcs like aim as well but I think the movies or aos are a better bet for a relaunched version of that group.

I can't see Moonstone being a good choice. She's not a street level character at all. Her power level is way beyond Jessica and Luke. It would be like making Loki the villain.

Moonstone belongs in the Captain Marvel series.

She was originally a Captain America and Spider-Man enemy. I also can't see her in the first Captain Marvel film since the Kree need to be used for her origin (Yon-Rogg, Doctor Minerva, etc.) and she won't be getting a sequel until late in Phase 4. Even then, Moonstone vs Captain Marvel needs to happen during Dark Reign and I can't see Marvel rush out Green Goblin for Phase 4 considering how we've had GG in three previous Spider-Man films.

A character like Superia would be far better suited as a Jessica Jones villain. She could be head scientist at IGH

I like this idea. Keep in mind that I don't feel like Superia is ever Cap's best villain and we still need to see The Serpent Society, Source of the Underworld and Synthia Schmidt which makes Superia really far down the list.

I'd rather they introduce a true AIM instead (which might nor work on a show like this, though).

No need for a "true AIM", its been several years since Iron Man 3. The remnants of his public company have had plenty of time to hit the mattresses, go underground, and turn into a not-licit-at-all underworld operation.

I should clarify. I only meant that phrase as in "opposed to IGH." I'd like it to be the same organization as the one in Iron Man 3 (I've had some thoughts on how to do that in the past on how to do that pretty seamlessly).

Wasn't that totally expected since they said when they renewed it that it wouldn't be 'til after Defenders, and we've already got Iron Fist AND Defenders coming next year?

This is just what I'd assumed all along.

Wasn't that totally expected since they said when they renewed it that it wouldn't be 'til after Defenders, and we've already got Iron Fist AND Defenders coming next year?

This is just what I'd assumed all along.

Some of us had hoped they'd move to 3 series per year, because the Netflix shows have been a resounding success so far (Daredevil renewed for a third season, Jessica Jones renewed, Punisher doing well enough to spin into his own series, etc).

2018 is a ways off still. Long time to wait for the second season of a show that debuted in 2015.

At this rate if Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Defenders, and/or Punisher get renewed for second seasons we may be waiting 3+ years between seasons of each show individually.

Well, I think there's a good chance we'll get 3 series in 2018 (JJ S2, The Punisher and maybe either DD S3 or Luke Cage S2) but the Defenders is a pretty big deal in and of itself, so I wasn't expecting any extra series next year.

No one should be surprised about this. Two shows a year means only two shows a year and there will be long waits between seasons.

This is the problem of shows being such a great success.

Also, to play the other side, after reading through that article, let's be clear, Netflix didn't confirm 2018 for Jessica Jones. It's just assuming that based on that next year will be Defenders and Iron Fist and nothing in between.

So who knows. Maybe they can get Jones out by 2017, but VERY LATE into 2017. I guess we'll see.

Considering how much money Netflix must be making and the metric **** ton of money Marvel is making they should be able to afford a season for these shows every year like any other network does with their shows.

Or do shorter seasons of each show. Instead of two 13 episode seasons a year do four 6 episode seasons every year. With possibly the team up seasons being a full 13 episodes. That way we aren't getting seasons of a show sporadically with long gaps in between.

Or play it by ear. If one show needs an 8 episode season give it 8. If another show needs a 5 episode season give it 5.

Frankly all of the Netflix shows have dragged at one point or another. Tighten that **** up, do shorter seasons, and do new seasons of each show every year. Hell,they don't even have to do seasons. For example, if they release a two hour Jessica Jones Netflix "movie" inbetween seasons. Stuff like that would be cool.

Long story short, there is no reason Netflix can't experiment with this.

Last edited:
I don't believe the amount of shows has to do with budgets. I think it is a scheduling and time issue.

I think the marvel Netflix shows also use alot of the same crew.

Shame about the wait but at least we see her in The Defenders and possibly Luke Cage in the meantime.

Looking forward a lot to season 2 though, I enjoyed this more than the DD first season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"