Luke Cage General Discussion Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Luke Cage' started by Thread Manager, Jun 27, 2018.

1. flickchick85

flickchick85 Mod of Might

Ok now I have to wonder if a Heroes for Hire announcement is coming.

2. samsnee

samsnee Ok

I don’t think so. If that’s the plan, why not announce it at the same time as the cancellations?

3. Mysteryman

Mysteryman Registered

With a Disney service pending, Heroes For Hire is always a possibility.

However, Deadline is reporting that the cancellation of Luke Cage is a combination of creative differences and the inability of the parties involved to come to a deal.
    Apparently, Netflix was not happy with some of the scripts submitted for season 3 and the writers room was placed on hold this last week.

4. KaijuDude1992

KaijuDude1992 Registered

Wow definitely didn't see this one coming. First Iron Fist now Luke Cage. Iron Fist getting cancelled kind of makes more sense considering the reactions to the first season, but I was sure the first season of Luke Cage was far more well liked even though most seem to agree that the second half wasn't as good.

5. Zarex

Zarex Registered

Once Disney announced their streaming service I figured Marvel Netflix was going to be wrapping up. I just didnt think it would be happening this soon. JJ 3 may end up being the last show in the series.

TheVileOne likes this.
  6. flickchick85

flickchick85 Mod of Might

Ah, well, I can't say either of these shows were my favorites, but it would be a shame for Luke's story to end where it did, imo.

7. Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

I am surprised. Didnt watch the 2nd season because I couldnt finish the 1st but I figured these shows were doing well. Though this may be in response to Disney starting their streaming service and the impending Marvel/Disney titles being pulled from Netflix once the contract is up.

8. terry78

terry78 BUY MY BOOK!!!!

The hell. Disney is just clearing a path ain't they.

9. rashad

rashad Hype Board Junkie

Disney had nothing to do with these cancellations. And I doubt they are put on Disney's streaming service because of the content. IF it goes anywhere it would be Hulu. The licensing agreement for the Disney live action and animated films expires soon. But Netflix still holds the rights to the Marvel shows they've produced.

RockSP likes this.
  10. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

I worry that Disney is pushing up the licenses fees or doing something, along with Netflix, that is getting these stupidly cancelled in a pissing contest. I worry about Daredevil, JJ, and the Punisher. I can live without Iron FIst, and honestly didn't care all that much about Luke Cage. But losing any of the other three is going to hurt a lot. Especially Daredevil. Ugh, this sucks.

11. terry78

terry78 BUY MY BOOK!!!!

Oddly coincidental tho.

12. Mister J

Mister J Whatever It Takes

Not surprised after the earlier IF news. I didn't particularly care for how S2 ended, but I'm not bothered if it doesn't get a formal resolution. Although, I would imagine a short run Heroes For Hire gets picked up at the coming Disney service or they finagle another Defenders series largely predicated on the same. In any event, I severely doubt that's the last we'll see of Danny or Luke.

13. rashad

rashad Hype Board Junkie

This is no different than ABC (a company under Disney's own umbrella) cancelling Agent Carter, the Most Wanted AOS spin-off, and The Inhumans. It took an 11th hour save just to get AOS renewed for a short 6th season and that's mostly because of Disney forcing their hand a bit. What ABC has in common with Netflix is that they aren't obligated to keep these series just because it's Marvel. Especially if they aren't seeing a return on their investment. Critically or viewership wise.

Remember that Marvel series John Ridley was supposed be doing?

If there's no word on a pickup within the next few weeks or months then it's truly the end. You also have to factor that the options on the actors will expire too. Putting a time table on any potential pickup.

14. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Registered

I remember reading about John Ridley's deal, but did we ever find out what it was?

With this recent news, I think we can take it the Marvel Netflix era is ending.

15. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Registered

It was inevitable I suppose. Disney and Netflix are competitors now.

16. childeroland

childeroland Registered

Is there any way Luke Cage ends up on Disney's service?

17. rashad

rashad Hype Board Junkie

Nope. Maybe Hulu. Because of the content. The Disney streaming service is suppose to be family friendly.

18. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Registered

If it would end up anywhere, one would wager Hulu or FX. Keep in mind Disney now owns FX and FXX.

Didn't Iger mention the more adult shows could end up on Hulu?

19. Lencho01

Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

The details in the article, man... :argh:

20. rashad

rashad Hype Board Junkie

Unless Daredevil gets renewed withing the coming weeks.

21. chamber-music

chamber-music Infinity Ammo

If Luke Cage or Iron Fist end up on Hulu then I expect they will probably be revamped a bit from their netflix depictions.

22. ludovica

ludovica Daddy Feige notice me!

One positive takeaway from the article is that Disney fully owns the series, if true I am moderately optimistic about auspicious developments.

23. rashad

rashad Hype Board Junkie

The updated Deadline article goes into A LOT more detail. It had nothing to do with Disney's streaming service.

24. Zarex

Zarex Registered

I wouldn't say nothing. In the past both Marvel TV and Netflix would have bent over backwards to keep these shows in production. The disintegration of the Disney-Netflix relationship was likely a key factor in why Marvel TV and Netflix are no longer able to work together.

25. Lencho01

Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!