Iron Fist Iron Fist General Discussion Thread - Part 4

While I would agree it is not definitive, I wouldn't call it clickbait. The guy who said it is the one who will be effectively running Disney+, so him saying it is possible means something. How much of a something we can debate, but he is someone who should have a general idea whether that is an option. I would only call it clickbait if it meant nothing.

How much of it is actually his decision at the end of the day? Bob Iger already said they want Disney+ to be family friendly anyway.

That is a valid question. But I do think his voice will matter on these type of things.

We're never going to see these actors again. Disney/Marvel will just reboot the characters, especially if Feige wants to use them at some point.

We'll see. It could work out that way. But if they say there may be a home for them elsewhere, I hope they are being truthful and make it so :up:

I'm not convinced they couldn't make Iron Fist (since that's the forum I'm posting this in) family friendly. Certainly no worse than PG-13, which uses the S-word relatively frequently and the F-word once, which is what the movies do (which will presumably be on their streaming service).

I think making Disney+ family friendly limits the user base. Make it like Netflix. Have accounts for adults and ones for kids. Limit what’s in the latter and have the adult be PG-13 stuff.

Do we not think Aliens is not going to be on this service? Wasn't the whole point to get these IPs for their service?

Disney's Aliens. Makes you shudder for all the wrong reasons. lol

Most people seem to think the streaming service itself will hold to Disney's strict family friendly image while anything they have that is for an older audience will be shipped to Hulu or something like that.

Disney as a company has no problem making and distributing R-rated material but they will never do it under the "Disney" brand but through other productions companies they own. The name of this service is Disney+. That name carries a lot of weight an expectations for the public. You know what kind of content you're getting. I'm sure there will plenty of stuff for older audiences just nothing "mature" more all ages type of things, including Marvel Studios' content. Think of the mountain of of content they've made for ABC, ABC family, Disney Channel, Disney XD; originals show and movies. It's not like they're going to be hurting for content that they need to include mature stuff to get people to subscribe.

And as Infernal said they already have other platforms for that content like Hulu and a ton of television channels.

Bob Iger already said flat out they want the service for family oriented programming. That's not changing.

If they want adult stuff, they will put it out through Hulu, FX, FXX, or even 20th Century Fox if they keep the label going.

Sounds similar to how Mike Colter reportedly didn't want to do much of the action himself either for Luke Cage.

Totally goes against what Jones himself had previously said about only getting given 3 weeks of training and sometimes only being fight choreography 15 mins before shooting.

So someone is lying.

Either its an actor who was willing but wasnt supported enough by the stunt/fight team and they are now trying to save their reputation a bit or its a stunt/fight team who tried but were let down by the actors dedication (or lack thereof).

Who to believe?

Wouldnt have had this problem with Terry Crews and Christian Howard, that's for sure.

Crews would be amazing as Luke Cage: Power Man.

tumblr_n2kiizCWFp1sdge15o1_400.gif

Totally goes against what Jones himself had previously said about only getting given 3 weeks of training and sometimes only being fight choreography 15 mins before shooting.

So someone is lying.

Either its an actor who was willing but wasnt supported enough by the stunt/fight team and they are now trying to save their reputation a bit or its a stunt/fight team who tried but were let down by the actors dedication (or lack thereof).

Who to believe?

Well it was Scott Buck as the show runner so everything was done cheaply. I'm surprised he didn't take the Inhumans approach of having an Iron Fist who forgot how to fight and also had his hands chopped off. That way Finn Jones wouldn't have to cope with any fight choreography or having to use his iron fist.

Well it was Scott Buck as the show runner so everything was done cheaply. I'm surprised he didn't take the Inhumans approach of having an Iron Fist who forgot how to fight and also had his hands chopped off. That way Finn Jones wouldn't have to cope with any fight choreography or having to use his iron fist.

You say that, but Danny's Iron Fist abilities were nerfed twice. Season 1 his chi was corrupted so he couldn't use it, and in season 2 it was taken from him. So....yeah he sort of did the Inhumans thing. So did his replacement in season 2

You say that, but Danny's Iron Fist abilities were nerfed twice. Season 1 his chi was corrupted so he couldn't use it, and in season 2 it was taken from him. So....yeah he sort of did the Inhumans thing. So did his replacement in season 2

I remember season 2 but didn't remember it getting nerfed in season 1 or how it happened. That's how memorable it was. All I remember were lots of board meetings.

There was also the beginning of the season where he was stuck in a mental hospital for a bit by way of "psychiatric drugs keep you from using your chi". Which. . . okay, I can totally buy that being drugged up could disrupt his powers, but normally I would expect that to be at "you are mostly not functional and only partially conscious" levels of drugged up. Instead, he was mostly normal and fully capable, just unable to "focus his chi".

I hadn't looked at it this way originally, but in retrospect? That's kind of a gross storyline. "Psychiatric medication just takes away what is special about you, which you should have"? That's Scientology anti-psychiatry propaganda.

Was Iron Fist before Inhumans or vice versa? I can't remember now. I get the feeling it did come first as I don't recall thinking too much of these things at the time. But by the time of Inhumans it had become a Scott Buck pattern and trope of sustaining some kind of misfortune that just happened to remove the character's powers for budgetary reasons.

I don't actually "blame" Scott Buck for Inhumans. . . in the sense that he almost certainly did *exactly* what he was hired to do. Its just, what he was hired to do was "Put out six episodes following this script and on this budget, and we don't actually care about quality".

I don't actually "blame" Scott Buck for Inhumans. . . in the sense that he almost certainly did *exactly* what he was hired to do. Its just, what he was hired to do was "Put out six episodes following this script and on this budget, and we don't actually care about quality".

But he probably was consulted on what creative ways he could think of to reduce the budget and not show any powers. So maybe he suggested "Well Medusa can lose her hair, Karnak can injure his head, Gorgon can wear shoes, Triton can get killed off, Lockjaw can be put to sleep etc."

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"