Iron Fist Iron Fist General Discussion Thread - Part 4

Discussion in 'Past Marvel Series' started by Thread Manager, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

While I would agree it is not definitive, I wouldn't call it clickbait. The guy who said it is the one who will be effectively running Disney+, so him saying it is possible means something. How much of a something we can debate, but he is someone who should have a general idea whether that is an option. I would only call it clickbait if it meant nothing.

2. TheVileOne Registered

How much of it is actually his decision at the end of the day? Bob Iger already said they want Disney+ to be family friendly anyway.

3. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

That is a valid question. But I do think his voice will matter on these type of things.

4. TheVileOne Registered

We're never going to see these actors again. Disney/Marvel will just reboot the characters, especially if Feige wants to use them at some point.

5. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

We'll see. It could work out that way. But if they say there may be a home for them elsewhere, I hope they are being truthful and make it so :up:

The Infernal and TheVileOne like this.
  6. Mike Murdock Registered

I'm not convinced they couldn't make Iron Fist (since that's the forum I'm posting this in) family friendly. Certainly no worse than PG-13, which uses the S-word relatively frequently and the F-word once, which is what the movies do (which will presumably be on their streaming service).

7. pixen Registered

I think making Disney+ family friendly limits the user base. Make it like Netflix. Have accounts for adults and ones for kids. Limit what’s in the latter and have the adult be PG-13 stuff.

The Infernal likes this.
  8. Mike Murdock Registered

Do we not think Aliens is not going to be on this service? Wasn't the whole point to get these IPs for their service?

9. The Infernal Mky Mk

Disney's Aliens. Makes you shudder for all the wrong reasons. lol

Most people seem to think the streaming service itself will hold to Disney's strict family friendly image while anything they have that is for an older audience will be shipped to Hulu or something like that.

10. Random490 Registered

Disney as a company has no problem making and distributing R-rated material but they will never do it under the "Disney" brand but through other productions companies they own. The name of this service is Disney+. That name carries a lot of weight an expectations for the public. You know what kind of content you're getting. I'm sure there will plenty of stuff for older audiences just nothing "mature" more all ages type of things, including Marvel Studios' content. Think of the mountain of of content they've made for ABC, ABC family, Disney Channel, Disney XD; originals show and movies. It's not like they're going to be hurting for content that they need to include mature stuff to get people to subscribe.

And as Infernal said they already have other platforms for that content like Hulu and a ton of television channels.

TheVileOne likes this.
  11. TheVileOne Registered

Bob Iger already said flat out they want the service for family oriented programming. That's not changing.

If they want adult stuff, they will put it out through Hulu, FX, FXX, or even 20th Century Fox if they keep the label going.

12. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!