Iron Fist Iron Fist General Discussion Thread - Part 4

I still contend that Finn isn't the problem with people's reactions to Danny. It's all the writing. Period. There was zero wiggle room for Finn to do anything interesting, fun or ingratiating with the character given the characterization, actions and plots he was saddled with. And this goes towards the general vibe of IF as a show. I think LC has it's issues, from the giddyup, but at least the people behind the LC show know what it is they want to produce, and they get that right: A modern day gloss on the Blaxploitation genre with super hero elements. The same should have been done with IF only coming from the 70's Kung Fu film angles.

Completely agree. While I don't think Finn is perfect for the when the character was written well he excels. A great actor can take a poor script and make it work, but an average actor given a crap script doesn't stand a chance. While I don't think the show had to have a 70's kung fu style it needed something. The biggest difference Iron Fist has with all the other shows is that there's no identity. All the other showrunners had a clear and unique directions for their shows. Iron fist was so generic, even with a great cast, great art department, great effects team there was no strong creative force pushing the show.

It really is all his fault. The character was written like a whiny, self absorbed toddler with poor motivation it's hard to expect any actor able to get an audience to root for him and forced and entire second season to recognize this and work to change the character in order to fix him for the future, a future that unfortunately would never come to pass.
I went through this very same thing / line of thinking with both what happen to black canary actress in arrow and the same thing with mostly hawk girl and to lesser degree hawk.

and was justified with Katie Cassidy when the made her villain but the writers under Marc Guggenheim refused her any good script wise when she was black canary as good gal character. but in other shows like in the flash when the actress shows up there as the same character under other writers hand she done right and people noticed. but there always other that didn't see or those that wanted the character removed completely cause if the actor is showing they can be done right under other writers they shouldn't be around any more it was the weirdest thing with those that said that

I'm in complete agree men. but it's also tough to convince others . and yes some actor's can only do very if they have very good scripts to begin with . there those that do well and try entertain them selves if the scripts poor. but their rare. also some of those ones that do only with scripts can surprise you if two thing's happen if they are given permission to do that or been through Enough experience to do that. but if they are put into a limited position people won't see this.

I think Finn has shown that he can be likeable and fun in the character when written well but guys, lets also address the elephant in the room. Finn's not a fighter and this role, more than Daredevil, demanded an actor proficient in martial arts.

I give Finn a ton of credit for putting in effort to learn the moves but even in season 2 I just did not buy him as a badass martial artist. I dont know how good of a brawler Charlie Cox was before he got the Daredevil role but that man sells it. He just looks like he'd mop the floor with Finn and thats a problem since you'd think Iron Fist should be at least an even match for Daredevil.
we know this and that just mean he need more fight choreography . and not just when set training begins before they start filming there are schools for this for actors doing such roles . and he probably should be doing this when he's on break from the show him self .

He doesn't have to be the best. but man o man if the stunt choreography guy's notice this they should suggest it to him, cause it's obvious The boss's(the producers next to the director) of the show are to oblivious to notice or to care about it.. it's very likely they don't want to pay for it even if it'sll make the show better by fix that actor. so he'll have pay for him self. But someone need to tell him to head to one.

when it an easy fix or they should make the damn attempt.

Last edited:
Danny could certainly be a supporting character in Luke Cage going forward but it is unlikely he is going to be a co-lead and the show is going to morph into Heroes For Hire.

If they are going take Heroes for Hire then they better up the budget.
who said he has to be the co -led so fast. he should be doing martial art's stunt school training when he''s not doing guest spot. Let luke cage's seaon of him being a crime lord happen first. it's obvious where that will lead it'll take Luke being the hero of harlem south and he'll need his rep fixed again.

that will be the entire bulk o the season and dany can come to him at the end of that season with a way to redeem luke's self Again with heroes for hire in show not the title. it's just be the name of their company.

The show's title doesn't have to change right away there can be heroes for hire and Daughters of the dragon detetive agency in the show with out it being the title of the show..

JJ's pi firm name isn't in the title of her show why does it have be the same here?

Kinda sucks that season 2 only got 10 episodes (done to improve the show) and it still got canned.

I kinda wish that Marvel could somehow convince Netflix to do a shortened season 3 of say 4-6 episodes to wrap up the storyline before launching the Heroes for Hire series.

Also Jessica Jones Season 2 was probably my least favorite season.

It did feel like a half baked idea. Like half a season.

Though it's weird to think that the two characters who were cancelled were left in the worst place. How do you factor them into the other shows or even a heroes for hire without acknowledging where they left off?

It did feel like a half baked idea. Like half a season.

Though it's weird to think that the two characters who were cancelled were left in the worst place. How do you factor them into the other shows or even a heroes for hire without acknowledging where they left off?
they have to finish up the story of Luke becoming crime lord story and seeing it wasn't good venture for him self in story (even if there was power vacuum) & how it was helpful to Harlem some how and heroes for hire being the salvation for Luke him self & his town and how it'll be help to Danny as well. We'll just have see what marvel & Disney them selves do but it make more sense in that they make a marvel streaming channel them selves. if they cancel another show. Net flix has miller world . it's true marvel show's at the start were profitable to them, but if this is happening in their mind's, it's not like they don't have dark hero view replacements for it's self&their sservice .

No show should be left in a cliff hanger in this day & age.

Last edited:
they have to finish up the story of Luke becoming crime lord story and seeing it wasn't good venture for him self in story (even if there was power vacuum) & how it was helpful to Harlem some how and heroes for hire being the salvation for Luke him self & his town and how it'll be help to Danny as well. we'll just have see what marvel & Disney them selves do but it make more sense in that they make a marvel streaming channel them selves if they cancel another show. net flick has miller world . it's true marvel show at the start were profitable to them but if the is happening i their mind's it's not like they don't have dark hero view replacements for it's self .

no show should be left in a cliff hanger in this day & age.
I totally agree

I'm sure the other shows are next. Since Disney is launching their own streaming service, it makes sense to cancel their Netflix shows, and just continue them on their own thing.

Netflix cancelled the two series not Marvel. I’m also hoping for a Heroes for Hire series but don’t see Netflix or Marvel agreeing to it.

Heroes for Hire with Scott Buck. Danny can lose his iron fist and Luke can lose his bullet proof skin.

Heroes for Hire with Scott Buck. Danny can lose his iron fist and Luke can lose his bullet proof skin.
technically those things happened without Buck's involvement

I feel like Scott Buck jokes are way overplayed. Do we need 10 of them everyday? Yeah we get it, everyone hates him. Doesn't mean we need things like "Hey you know what they should do? Hand Avengers to Scott Buck :o" posts everyday. At this point, they're not funny.

I think Finn Jones made for a solid Rand/Iron Fist in Luke Cage. That’s the exact direction they need to take him. Make a well budgeted high stakes very tightly written 6-7 episode arc with both Luke Cage and Danny Rand and I think that could be a great way to go. So many brilliant british thrillers and action shows are only 7-8 eps long and each episode is so tightly written. Netflix needs to take a page from the UK tv shows on this stuff

Watching Season 3 of Daredevil only reinforced either how poor a choice it was to either not cast an actor with martial arts experience, or if they did cast an actor with no martial arts experience use a mask so they could have a kick-ass martial artist as a stand in and/or get a decent choreographer in as Murdock is pulling off moves that would make Rand green with envy.

Watching Season 3 of Daredevil only reinforced either how poor a choice it was to either not cast an actor with martial arts experience, or if they did cast an actor with no martial arts experience use a mask so they could have a kick-ass martial artist as a stand in and/or get a decent choreographer in as Murdock is pulling off moves that would make Rand green with envy.
in dare devil case it 's the choreographer , well crafted scripts & lastly time to get it done Right .
As show below
Marvelous Realm‏ @MarvelousRealm
Go behind the scenes of the church fight from #Daredevil Season 3.
1f6a8.png

Daredevil

iron fist was a rush job and the fact no one know's what happening with their fight scene's bedside's the makers of that show and why they won't send him to fight stunt training school or suggest to him he should go there , when the shows was in off time.
DD's actor is working for this as they said & show in this video . but I don't see them say he was over skilled martial artist.

so it's likely he training when not filming to make scenes as good as possible and my be doing what I'm mentioning. it's very likely they didn't put as much care production wise for iron fist and it hurt thing every where in iron fist's show. All the actor needed stunt training school when the shows filming isn't happening & for thing's to not be rushed. and for the love of god better scripts. if there's noticeable difference when he's on luke cage, "then the scripts on Iron fist show " are indeed a problem .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"