The Dark Knight Jett suspends all Dent casting rumours.

That's actually not that bad of an idea.

Who cares what Jett says, the fact that he used the title "Demt Damnit" still makes him king in my book. :up:

pjwares said:
I believe too often his opinion is taken as fact, just as the rumours are.

I agree. It happens to any webmaster in Jett's position. People take his opinions as fact and then call him a liar when it turns out he was wrong.

I used to be a regular reader and forum moderator at theForce.net and the same crap happened to Scott Chitwood and his crew.

You guys shouldn't take it personal. :up:

Keyser Sushi said:
I agree. It happens to any webmaster in Jett's position. People take his opinions as fact and then call him a liar when it turns out he was wrong.

I find that the problem with BOF stems not from fans simply taking his opinions as fact, which in itself is purely the fault of those fans, but from the way jett continually puts himself in a position to get absolutely lambasted by the fans. As jett himself says, all news is to be considered rumour unless otherwise stated, yet there's only so much incorrect information from "industry insiders" or "WB sources" he can post before the site loses credibility, which it has. I'm sure Jett has his sources, which obviously must remain secret, but with all the false rumours he's been posting lately it carries little more weight than someone on here posting a "Big news coming" thread, for example.

I'll stress that this isn't a dig at Jett, I just don't see the point in posting endless rumoured rumours, personally I'd prefer it if he concentrated on his opinion-pieces and reviews, which are always insightful, while TDK news is slow

Miranda Fox said:
There's some comments from Paul - Jett's co-admin - that clears up a hell of a lot of stuff:

I find it funny he's gone and contradicted everything Jett has said although I think Dent is actually cast too.

Also, Denzel is directing a film early next year, so sadly, we can rule him out.

when it comes to agents throwing there clients names out there for the roles of Joker and Dent....that surely seems to be the case with the names of Cusack, Phillippe and Hawke being rumoured as Dent. I honestly don't see any of those three guys being seriously considered....but I do see there agents being involved and throwing there names around town as candidates. That is VERY plausible...

Babs Gordon said:
Further demonstrating the need for separate rumor and fact sections ;)

Oooooooh Babs just winked at me. I think I like that :woot: :cwink:

Thank you all for your suggestions and critiques. I can't tell you how refreshing it is to hear these comments rather than the usual insults from some. For those that still enjoy BOF, thank you for continued patronage. As production edges closer the news will get a lot more concrete and hopefully the frustration at all these rumours will ebb away (for Jett and I too).

While we're on the subject of horn tooting though, I trust you all have checked out www.batmanprologue.com

:oldrazz:

th_tongue.gif

i like this frog-like smiley

pjwares said:
Oooooooh Babs just winked at me. I think I like that :woot: :cwink:

Thank you all for your suggestions and critiques. I can't tell you how refreshing it is to hear these comments rather than the usual insults from some. For those that still enjoy BOF, thank you for continued patronage. As production edges closer the news will get a lot more concrete and hopefully the frustration at all these rumours will ebb away (for Jett and I too).

While we're on the subject of horn tooting though, I trust you all have checked out www.batmanprologue.com

:oldrazz:

PJ after all this Dent casting craziness...do you think a big name type will actually get the role ie. Crowe, Denzel, Leo, Norton etc etc? I'm thinking not. Or do you think that it will go to actors more like Phoenix, Law or Gyllenhaal? I personally think the latter three would all be excellent choices! Especially if Nolan wants to go younger.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"