The Dark Knight BOF: New Dent RUMOUR

jeez . . . it just occurred to me; what if they're trying to woo PACINO!?!?! He's definitely someone to "aim high" at, and unconventional in terms of age for casting Dent . . . also, he's worked w/ Nolan in the past, which Nolan has been quoted as saying he likes to do (when you work with good people, yadda, yadda). . . hmmmmmm

Phoenix has never officially been mentioned, but he's not "unconventional" enough. My bet is a well-known name that could be older - he's only doing 2 films anyway...............

^^like . . . . PACINO!!!!!!!

DD-L has never upset me with any of his movie choices or performances.

I agree, Raybia. Great choice!! :up:

Born in 1957 and hasn't been on the hollywood radar for some time, I could see this choice as unconventional.

Silver Souper said:
ralph fiennes SUCKS. and don't bother throwing all of the movies he's been in, I know he stumbles into some well-made movies, and I've seen them all, but I personally find his acting bland and lifeless.
Wrong!

And Daniel Day is more proven than Gangs of New York?

DV8 said:
jeez . . . it just occurred to me; what if they're trying to woo PACINO!?!?! He's definitely someone to "aim high" at, and unconventional in terms of age for casting Dent . . . also, he's worked w/ Nolan in the past, which Nolan has been quoted as saying he likes to do (when you work with good people, yadda, yadda). . . hmmmmmm

That is exactly my line of thinking. I mentione either him or Deniro as "out of left field " choices in the official Dent thread. I'm seriously thinking it's either Pacino or DeNiro and I thin they would ROCK IT !!

OMG . . . if DeNiro scored that role . . . . JESUS!

DV8 said:
:eek:

I'm sorry Pacino is COMPLETELY wrong for this as well as Deniro. Too old.

Yeah, I know that Denzel is probably too old too but the difference is that Denzel is much older that Bale at age 50 while Pacino and Deniro are old men.

It would be a big mistake to cast them as Dent but I would love it if they BOTH were cast as Mobsters. (Yeah, the is a danger since it could come across as caricature of their previous characters BUT if the Nolan brothers can avoid that in the development of those characters it could be a very accurate portrayal.

raybia said:
I'm sorry Pacino is COMPLETELY wrong for this as well as Deniro. Too old.

Yeah, I know that Denzel is probably too old too but the difference is that Denzel is much older that Bale at age 50 while Pacino and Deniro are old men.

It would be a big mistake to cast them as Dent but I would love it if they BOTH were cast as Mobsters. (Yeah, the is a danger since it could come across as caricature of their previous characters BUT if the Nolan brothers can avoid that in the development of those characters it could be a very accurate portrayal.
I agree completely - it's not going to be Pacino. If it is, I promise to cut down the tallest tree in the forest with a herring. There. I'm that secure in the knowledge that I am right. :woot:

The thing about Denzel is - he does NOT look 50. He really doesn't. So age doesn't really matter here. And besides - it's DENZEL! Why the hell would age matter anyway? ;)

Miranda Fox said:
The thing about Denzel is - he does NOT look 50. He really doesn't. So age doesn't really matter here. And besides - it's DENZEL! Why the hell would age matter anyway? ;)

Totally agree.

I'll say this . . . it's HIGHLY unlikely that Pacino would score the role, but all the clues point to him . . . yes, he's an 'old man', but he still looks good enough to be made to look younger, and like I said, he would fit the 'unconventional' bill as far as age is concerned, and he could have had ties w/ Bruce's parents being the age he is . . . .

Look how good he looks now:

029_alpacino3_tworforthemoney.jpg

Pacino should've been Carmine Falcone in Begins, sorry but I prefer he was Maroni in TDK rather than Dent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"