Joe Quesada thinks DC's comics are corporately Driven...

quesada needs to shut his pie hole. he's just taking a cheapshot at dc's put-togetherness and recent film success.

he's probably paranoid.

Exactly.

If being creatively driven means creating such masterpeices as "Sins Past" and "Avengers Dissembled", than i'd rather be "corporate driven"

The Batman said:
Whereas Marvel's comics are Creatively driven.

Do you agree with this?

For God sake the man has Chris Claremont still writing X-Books after 30 odd years what does that tell you about him. I picked up the comics after their reload last May and after an arc I wanted him off the book! :supes:

I respect and love Quesada as an artist but he speaks such crap sometimes.
He's just jeolous that they USED to beat DC and now they're getting their asses kicked everytime.
Plus DC has the biggest artists/writers in the world right now working for them:
Jeph Loeb (which is going to Marvel but will still hang on for a while at DC), Frank Miller, Michael Turner, Tim Sale, Jim Lee, McGuiness, Ian Churchill, Greg Rucka, Carlos Pacheco, Matt Wagner, Alex Ross, among others.
Who does Marvel have ? Quesada (who I think isn't even an active artist right now), Bendis, Mack, Ennis, Bradstreet, Romita Jr. ?
My money goes to DC without a doubt. I only buy old classics from Marvel, although I will buy any tbp that Loeb does for them.

Still A ThorFan said:
God for bid the Moderator does anything about that or the other insults I just read.

Oh please. Now you're an innocent victim? you're a TROLL, plain and simple. Do you want me to bring up your posts as ThorFan? You make threads designed to purposely piss DC fans off, and now you're crying when people call you on it? You're a joke, and you have no one else to blame but yourself for your ignorant posts.

DC takes more risks than Marvel. Marvel would never let a line like Vertigo thrive the way DC did.

DC goes beyond the superhero genre of comics. Marvel seems to be using it as a clutch.

So that's settled, DC has more diversity in their storytelling whereas Marvel seems to only want to play the superhero game.

Having just read the article, I can somewhat understand where Quesada is coming from, I don't think he's 100% right, but I understand what he's saying. He was basically questioning where the ideas of Infinite Crisis came from in terms of every book tying into it. Now this could be right as 90% of the DC Superhero universe is tying into Crisis and will jump 1 year ahead after Crisis #5, did this decision come from Dan Didio's office or did all the creators actually have stories to tell. Quesada also mentions this does happen at Marvel as well. Personally I think the scope of Infinite Crisis is very cool and is one of the most appealing factors of it for me, but it could also be seen as a corporate directive that every book must fit into this one story. However, Quesada did applaud DC's Vertigo line and how it is very creator driven.

The Batman said:
Whereas Marvel's comics are Creatively driven.

Do you agree with this?

Then hes an idiot because both companies are controlled by thier marketing departments.
Thge simple fact is both are corporation with a responsibillity to thier shareholders. Both are required to make a profit and both will dispense with a title and or character if it isn't making money no matter how much the editors, writers, or fans enjoy it.

Xofenroht said:
DC takes more risks than Marvel. Marvel would never let a line like Vertigo thrive the way DC did.

So that's settled, DC has more diversity in their storytelling whereas Marvel seems to only want to play the superhero game.

I´m Sorry dude, But Dc is Nothing without Warner´s support.

Vertigo is a Warner property Not a Dc property.

Warner is the Master.

Dc is the pupil.

and for diversity...yeah let me see:

Dc: Batman , Superman and the Jla. ( and maybe the Teen Titans ) and that´s all.

I just recently got back into comics, and I am picking up only DC titles right now, with the exception of Spider-Man house of M. I do prefer DC over Marvel, but if I had the money, I'd be keeping up with Marvel comics too. I just love comics. I would like both companies to keep selling back and forth with their numbers rising, to help put even more life back into comics. Right now the Infinite Crisis has me hooked and I just like the stories they are tying in with it. I just don't see why there has to be bickering over this, Quesada works for Marvel so he will more than likely put out better words for Marvel than for DC.

Metropolis_Man said:
I just recently got back into comics, and I am picking up only DC titles right now, with the exception of Spider-Man house of M. I do prefer DC over Marvel, but if I had the money, I'd be keeping up with Marvel comics too. I just love comics. I would like both companies to keep selling back and forth with their numbers rising, to help put even more life back into comics. Right now the Infinite Crisis has me hooked and I just like the stories they are tying in with it. I just don't see why there has to be bickering over this, Quesada works for Marvel so he will more than likely put out better words for Marvel than for DC.

Good Post.:up::up:

HighVoltage said:
I´m Sorry dude, But Dc is Nothing without Warner´s support.

Vertigo is a Warner property Not a Dc property.

Warner is the Master.

Dc is the pupil.

and for diversity...yeah let me see:

Dc: Batman , Superman and the Jla. ( and maybe the Teen Titans ) and that´s all.

You're a moron, plain and simple. And i thought TrollFan was a simpering idiot.

Warner has NOTHING to do with how Dc does their business. Warners wasnt the one who created the vertigo imprint. All Warner does is fund DC and makes their characters into movies and cartoons.

Marvel's nothing without Toy Biz's support, but you dont see me saying anything. Why? Because I'm not a moron and I know everything that goes on at both DC AND Marvel. Which is why you and TrollFan come off as idiots most of the time.

And diversity? What the hell does Marvel have? All they do is superheroes. Thats it. MAX is bascially superhero comics for mature readers. Marvel Knights? Still Superhero comics. So, please, **** and next time, actually have some idea what the hell you're talking about

I stopped listening to what Quesada has to say a long time ago.
:)
He and Avi Arad have this talent of starting s@%t for no good reason.

The Batman said:

Warner has NOTHING to do with how Dc does their business. Warners wasnt the one who created the vertigo imprint. All Warner does is fund DC and makes their characters into movies and cartoons.

Marvel's nothing without Toy Biz's support, but you dont see me saying anything. Why? Because I'm not a moron and I know everything that goes on at both DC AND Marvel. Which is why you and TrollFan come off as idiots most of the time.

And diversity? What the hell does Marvel have? All they do is superheroes. Thats it. MAX is bascially superhero comics for mature readers. Marvel Knights? Still Superhero comics. So, please, **** and next time, actually have some idea what the hell you're talking about

I think you need to calm your ass down there buddy. Its not THAT important

The Batman said:

No need for you to speak to him like that just because you don't agree with his opinion. Moderator why don't you do something about this? I thought name calling and insults aren't to be tolerated?

Guyverjay said:
I think you need to calm your ass down there buddy. Its not THAT important

I agree, The Batman. You acted like the dude insulted your mother or something. :o

Don't go picking fights and get this thread closed like some posters over in the Marvel forum went and got the Geoff Johns vs. Bendis thread closed. :down

Still A ThorFan said:
No need for you to speak to him like that just because you don't agree with his opinion. Moderator why don't you do something about this? I thought name calling and insults aren't to be tolerated?

his opinion?

He stated that Vertigo is not a DC property. That's not trying to state opinion. That's trying to state Fact. A fact that's not true. I know this because i actually read DC Comics. Do you?

And dude, you're the LAST person to try and be mature. You purposely go into forums trying to get a rise out of people. And then you complain that if you made this thread you wouldve been called a troll? Have you read ANY of your past posts? Or how about those PMS you sent me trying to insult me? Or how about that thread where you tried to call me out?

SpideyInATree said:
I agree, The Batman. You acted like the dude insulted your mother or something. :o

Don't go picking fights and get this thread closed like some posters over in the Marvel forum went and got the Geoff Johns vs. Bendis thread closed. :down

I'm sorry about that. I just get riled when trolls come here.

Why'd the Geoff Vs Brian thread get closed?

The Batman said:
I'm sorry about that. I just get riled when trolls come here.

Why'd the Geoff Vs Brian thread get closed?

Well, Muze has an undying love for Ant-Man. And CTOAN, Lackey, and a few other posters were pretty much saying how much Ant-Man sucks. Muze started taking it personally and EXCELSIOR closed the thread.

It got closed because they started talking about...eh...i dont even wanna type it...

But hopefully this thread wont get to that point.....

SpideyInATree said:
Well, Muze has an undying love for Ant-Man. And CTOAN, Lackey, and a few other posters were pretty much saying how much Ant-Man sucks. Muze started taking it personally and EXCELSIOR closed the thread.

That joan Collins pic was kinda funny...

Back on topic, does anyone think Dan Didio should refute these claims?

DC is much better with continuity than Marvel is but because of that, I barely understand what's going on in the DC books half the time so I'm disinclined to buy them. I can find plenty of Marvel books that I enjoy and understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"