The Force Awakens John Boyega as Finn

MagnarTheGreat

Web Ninja
Reaction score
tWJy00D.jpg

We also don’t know the last name of John Boyega’s character, so that could also be an important omission. But the extra three words of description—”on the run”—explains a little bit why he is seen jumping into frame and gasping in the opening moments of that trailer. He’s in a Stormtrooper uniform, but we don’t know for sure if he is an actual member of that fighting corps or if, like Han and Luke in the first movie, he’s merely using it as a disguise.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/12/11/star-wars-the-force-awakens-character-names/6/

John Boyega said:
[Where] we find Finn, he's in incredible danger and the way in which he decides to react to this danger changes his life—number one—and launches him into the Star Wars universe in a very unique way.

Last edited:
No last name? I wouldn't call him Lando Jr. just yet. The role was open to all races, but you never know if they change things after the casting.

Someone mentioned it could be this EU character Finn Galfridian or something.

The surname could be withheld because he's related to another new character or an existing canon character. Or it could be withheld for ****s and giggles.

My favorite character of the new series so far.

Jedi Finn Skywalker?

I am hoping!

Finn Solo. Han get around...

Just don't look up Louis CK reading Huck Finn to his kids.

There's going to be a lot of Adventure Time/Star Wars fan art, I'm sure.

Hopefully Finn gets a theme as badass as wrestler Finn Balor (Prince Devitt)
[YT]/_6ZLSZ4_Rvs[/YT]

I do! :cmad:

*Cries*

What I'm saying is, what about Finn being Luke's son would stop a character named Mara Jade from being his mother? The old EU version's characterisation or appearance means nothing.

Why is it so strongly discussed that Finn is a Skywalker? Have I missed something?

^ Some fans want Boyega as the main Protagonist. But they also want a Skywalker to be the main protagonist. Soooooo In order for that to work Boyega would have to be either Leia's or Luke's son. Then he would be Finn Skywalker.. or Finn Solo... in which he later becomes a stormtrooper? Or maybe he gets adopted as his legal child by Skywalker later on in the movie?? Or maybe there is an Exodus/baby Boyega moment where he sails down a river to meet Luke bathing. Or maybe he is the reincarnation of Anakin? Or maybe Luke gave birth to Boyega via the force?!? :wow:

You'd have to do a lot of somersaults to try and figure this one out...:huh:

What I'm saying is, what about Finn being Luke's son would stop a character named Mara Jade from being his mother? The old EU version's characterisation or appearance means nothing.

*Cries some more*

Or maybe he is just called Finn because he is an orphan.

To me this is another case of them withholding a last name for a reason, so i think Finn is just his first name or a nickname he has. I also think it's premature to think he's a stormtrooper just because he's dressed as one. The guy could be on the run after disguising himself as a stormtrooper to spy on someone or to find out something.

I think he's a Stormtrooper and we're shown him first to establish that this era of Stormtrooper is not the same as the prequels or even OT.

Since Boyega sat right in between Oscar and Adam Driver in the table read I really think there is a connection between his character and theirs. Since we see Oscar riding in a X-wing and
the leaked image of Driver in an x-wing suit
, and Boyega in a stormtrooper suit, I am starting to think Boyega works for the Republic from the get-go. Perhaps Boyega is a secret agent working with Oscars character who is called Poe. Perhaps Poe and Finn are best buddies and their history goes back to when they were kids.

Or perhaps they had a falling out and Boyega is relizing becoming a stormtrooper wasn't such a good idea and later re-establishes his friendship with Poe by joining the republic. - Just an idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"