Jon Favreau's Lion King CONFIRMED

The live action version of Ed is going to scare the **** out of people.

Personally, I could do away with Timone and Pumba. I know they were there for the kids comedic relief, but as an adult they detract from an otherwise very adult story with juvenile humor. There are other ways to slip a few moments of levity in there. Although they Hakuna Matatata is pretty iconic and would be missed I think.

giphy.gif

Many of us knew this was coming after seeing the Jungle Book. Smart to have Favreau do it, after his success with the Jungle Book. I am eager to see how this turns out.

He's basically going to be going the Dinosaur route. You remember that movie, don't you?

I actually really like Dinosaur a lot. It's a good one. The whole beginning to the movie is awesome.

Also dunno why but immediately thought of Cumberbatch as Scar when I heard this announcement.

I actually really like Dinosaur a lot. It's a good one. The whole beginning to the movie is awesome.

Also dunno why but immediately thought of Cumberbatch as Scar when I heard this announcement.

You and I are gonna be best friends. :woot:

Cumberbatch would be good as Scar, but yeah, like the others said, I'd prefer a black cast for this. Plus I think he'd be typecasted.

Cumberbatch would be good as Scar, but yeah, like the others said, I'd prefer a black cast for this. Plus I think he'd be typecasted.

Dinosaur was good stuff :highfive:

The first five minutes are the best part, nowadays I do wish they went the silent route despite still liking it.

Second favorite scene is the meteor shower. Holy crud, that was more intense than the entirety of Armageddon.

It ain't that deep. Just a new way to potentially enjoy an old story. I can read Romeo and Juliet, see a play of it, watch a movie based on it followed by another film that's just a modernization of it. All good with me. I ain't watching it for the story. I already know I'll most likely enjoy it. New visuals and new performances make a difference though.

Scar is the one lion character I'd be ok with having a white (British) actor for. For some reason, I feel like it would still work. Maybe I'm creating a metaphor for white European imperialism or something that isn't actually there.

Any chance this is the live action version of the Broadway Musical? I doubt it, because then they would have to cast a lot of Black actors, and Hollywood has been reluctant to do that. It'll probably be more like The Jungle Book.

Any chance this is the live action version of the Broadway Musical? I doubt it, because then they would have to cast a lot of Black actors, and Hollywood has been reluctant to do that. It'll probably be more like The Jungle Book.

It may very well incorporate some of those aspects in it. In fact, I would say it would be unwise not to.

It ain't that deep. Just a new way to potentially enjoy an old story. I can read Romeo and Juliet, see a play of it, watch a movie based on it followed by another film that's just a modernization of it. All good with me. I ain't watching it for the story. I already know I'll most likely enjoy it. New visuals and new performances make a difference though.

Pretty much what Ben Affleck said about The Batman. Same could be said about James Bond or any work of fiction that keeps getting remade. Nothing is new under the sun and all that.

Jungle Book was meh for me compared to the original animated film but i knew after Jungle book was a success there would be a Lion King live action film. Not really excited as the Disney Live Action fairy tale films for the most part have sucked but i still see this anyway since I love Lion King

After Jungle Book, I'm fine with this.

Hakuna Matata, motherf***er$! Here comes another billion for Disney.

I do imagine this will be a bit darker and more mature in tone, since Jungle Book certainly was. A full grown Simba fighting Scar could get intense.

Now if only Favreau went insane and filmed this like the movie 'Roar':

No CGI. No animals were harmed, only humans.

Personally, I could do away with Timone and Pumba. I know they were there for the kids comedic relief, but as an adult they detract from an otherwise very adult story with juvenile humor. There are other ways to slip a few moments of levity in there. Although they Hakuna Matatata is pretty iconic and would be missed I think.

I think you need them, really. They don't have to be as comical, but Simba does need some levity in his life after his dad's death, and epic guilt trip.

I may be in the minority here, but I thought that the Lion King was a fairly mature film. Sure, you had song and dance numbers, but the main story is about fratricide, a kid whose father was murdered and how he comes to terms with that.

Tom Hiddleston has to be Scar.

I'd love if Chadwick Boseman was their choice for adult Simba

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"