Jon Favreau's Lion King CONFIRMED

Apparently they might be adding "Shadowland", which is plenty apt when you have Beyoncé as Nala. (Which also means they've expanded the story in at least one way I'd like them to have done.) If you're unfamiliar because you haven't seen the Broadway version or listened to its soundtrack, this is what you've been missing out on, although I almost don't want to spoil it for the folks in question.

(It's one of my top three favorite songs from the whole Lion King franchise; those vocal harmonies always give me chills.) Combine that with Beyoncé's voice and Hans Zimmer's orchestration from the original Zulu version and you've got yourself a showstopper, plus no big onscreen action required to make it work as a musical number. I'm actually really excited if this is true.

Last edited:
With the moving comming out in just a month I wish tickets would go on sale darnet. There is a theater around 45 minutes from me that I have only been to a few times that services food out side of like your normal popcorn and I would like to go there opening night if I can to see the movie but that theater tends to sale out really fast.

Wow you guys disappoint me. Y'all haven't been posting the trailers with new footage in here. Get it together guys :nuhu:

I do quite like that shot of cloud Mufasa at the end. Donald and Beyoncé sounded good singing was never gonna be Beyoncé’s problem, acting however...

Last edited:
Not gonna lie, I actually kinda got chills with this rendition of ghost Mufasa. I guess seeing a giant lion head forming in the clouds would be pretty creepy; live action might actually serve this scene pretty wellin its own way.

A live performance of the new version of "Just Can't Wait to be King" from last weekend's Radio Disney Music Awards, sans John Oliver. It's not quite the same as the one I assume is going to be on the official soundtrack -- the one in the instagram video I posted last week -- and they changed some of the lyrics (at the expense of some of Zazu's lines) to presumably give Nala more of a role in the song and scene, but I'm not fussed and like it nonetheless. The event itself is pretty cheesy but the performance is actually kinda fun to watch. Also, I assume this will be part of the movie's version of that number:

(Hey look, it's the species of mongoose Timon should've been changed to to make it more geographically and ecologically accurate.)

All that yelling instead of singing Beyonce has been doing the last decade has hurt her voice some, but she still sounds pretty good.

Not gonna lie, I actually kinda got chills with this rendition of ghost Mufasa. I guess seeing a giant lion head forming in the clouds would be pretty creepy; live action might actually serve this scene pretty wellin its own way.

A live performance of the new version of "Just Can't Wait to be King" from last weekend's Radio Disney Music Awards, sans John Oliver. It's not quite the same as the one I assume is going to be on the official soundtrack -- the one in the instagram video I posted last week -- and they changed some of the lyrics (at the expense of some of Zazu's lines) to presumably give Nala more of a role in the song and scene, but I'm not fussed and like it nonetheless. The event itself is pretty cheesy but the performance is actually kinda fun to watch. Also, I assume this will be part of the movie's version of that number:

(Hey look, it's the species of mongoose Timon should've been changed to to make it more geographically and ecologically accurate.)

It's the Broadway version Nala had more lines so I'm not worried

It's better that way, anyway. Still, I'm sure there's gonna be some purists who'll take issue with it; maybe even start a Change.org petition. (Wouldn't be the first one I've seen about this movie.)

Apparently they might be adding "Shadowland", which is plenty apt when you have Beyoncé as Nala. (Which also means they've expanded the story in at least one way I'd like them to have done.) If you're unfamiliar because you haven't seen the Broadway version or listened to its soundtrack, this is what you've been missing out on, although I almost don't want to spoil it for the folks in question.

(It's one of my top three favorite songs from the whole Lion King franchise; those vocal harmonies always give me chills.) Combine that with Beyoncé's voice and Hans Zimmer's orchestration from the original Zulu version and you've got yourself a showstopper, plus no big onscreen action required to make it work as a musical number. I'm actually really excited if this is true.

Wait what is their source for this? I hope so as it’s a killer song. The Lion King is one of the rare broadway adaptions where the new songs are on par or better than the ones from the movie.

its interesting that they dont show any close ups with animals talking.

Wait what is their source for this? I hope so as it’s a killer song. The Lion King is one of the rare broadway adaptions where the new songs are on par or better than the ones from the movie.
I don't think they have a source aside from "an insider" or something like that. It makes perfect sense to do, I just don't want to get my hopes up in case it's not actually happening.

PG for violence and peril and some thematic elements.

"Some?"

Looks like I'm going to have to do what I did with Endgame back in April and probably wake up at least two hours before those tickets drop. I already know its going to be madness tomorrow, although not on the same level it was with Endgame. I'm still expecting showtimes to be sold out within minutes at certain theaters here in Houston, especially the one I want to see it at. Can't wait to get them though.

The talking and facial expressions look better here.

Also, a couple extra clips from a preview that got taken down showing off some of the background fauna.

I think as long as their eyes aren't dead, that will be the litmus test. They have to kinda look around like human eyes would almost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"