Sequels Joss signs on to write and direct "Avengers 2"!

Im still holding out hope for aka jessica jones. Its a procedural (shes a p.i.), its a good way to intro luke cage and/or HfH, and you can test out various marvel b listers on a weekly basis. Plus you have the big names as backdrop.

Im still holding out hope for aka jessica jones. Its a procedural (shes a p.i.), its a good way to intro luke cage and/or HfH, and you can test out various marvel b listers on a weekly basis. Plus you have the big names as backdrop.

That would be amazing!

For the casual/non fan, a detective show is easy to get into. And the limited series is a great template for a pilot and the first few episodes.

Plus, Joss Whedon could run a show like this in his sleep. He may want to do something a bit more challenging though. To me it seems like a no-brainer.

Casting the lead is critical of course. Someone of Eliza Dushku's "caliber" wouldnt cut it.

Good news indeed, he did a great job with the first one, would have been a shame if someone else had taken over after such a good first effort.

These are great news. Joss is back, the excitement for TA2 can begin.

tumblr_ltr3ryTk621r03eggo3_250.gif

Because this gif is so cute i take this to express my joy.

What I love most is that the deal also guarantees him as a big part of the collaborative process of putting together Phase 2.

Honestly, he set a really high bar so they need him to have some kind of input on these other properties.

Absolutely, I'm just as stoked to hear he'll be involved in Phase 2 as a whole as I am that he's returning for TA2.

So basically he has become what WB wishes Nolan had for them but didn't. Awesome. That should silence those Feige haters.

Pfff, this is obviously some diabolically convoluted plan to destroy te MCU.

Feige should be the villain for Avengers 3.:o

Absolutely, I'm just as stoked to hear he'll be involved in Phase 2 as a whole as I am that he's returning for TA2.

Yep, me too. Phase 2 really is in a position to eclipse phase 1. Think about it -

1) The origin stories are out of the way.

2) The success of The Avengers allows Marvel to move forward with a lot more confidence. Hiring good directors and respecting the source material has paid off.

3) Whedon is onboard and overseeing everything, before any of the phase 2 movies have been released. This makes me think the links tying the solo movies together will be a lot more interesting, including the post-credits sequences.

I just need Downey to sign on for The Avengers 2 and there will officially be nothing that can stop the hype train.

So how much of Rocky's dialogue in Guardians will be written by Joss? 95%, or 100%?

Joss Whedon was put on earth to write dialogue for Rocket Racoon. Its that simple.

I would LOVE for Joss to take control of Rocket's dialogue. Match made in heaven!

(And I love the suggestion of Ian McShane doing his voice. Either him or Jason Statham. Someone badassedly recognizable!)

I don't think this news came as a huge surprise, but it is nice to get the confirmation.

I would really rather them focus on a Ruffalo-starring Hulk movie for the future. Get GdT focused on another Marvel property maybe (hmmm... Strange perhaps? Or give him GOTG!) and allow Joss Whedon to work on whatever he wants to with the Marvel properties at hand.

One does not simply take away Guillermo del Toro's toys and tell him to go play with something else. :dry:

Seriously, the Hulk TV show is GDT's baby, not Joss. And neither Joss nor Feige are going to even consider stepping on his toes.

Yeah, I imagine Marvel wants to have a working relationship with GDT, so they are not going to jeopardize that when they don't need to, and I am not sure Marvel is all that much in a hurry to do another solo Hulk movie, they might want to stick to having him be part of the Avengers ensemble (where they now know they can achieve success with his cinematic appearances).

Yep, exactly, why limit yourself to a certain series? Plus, with sweeps, you could even bring in the bigger names for an episode or two, not just the actors but the more popular characters that they have rights to do...
Like Wanda Maximoff

You had to know Whedon was coming back for Avengers 2, but I am beyond pumped that he will have some creative control over pretty much all of Phase II...ultimately Whedon's greatest skill by far is storytelling. He is a master storyteller IMO, which is why he has had success in so many different mediums. Shows, movies, comics, he has tried everything and just churns out awesome stories. Giving him the reins for this next set of movies...I can't think of someone better to handle a project this large.

What I hope will happen is that Joss can weave the story lines of the Phase II films to be more cohesive.

Don't get me wrong, I love all the Phase I stuff, but for example having to retcon Tony's appearance in TIH in a 2 min short attached to the BluRay of Thor, somewhat takes away from the cross polination they tried to write into these stories.

Anyway, I'm excited to see what he will do. Joss' gift has always been his writing.

I always think Joss does better with his second stories than his first because he likes to set up his pins and then knock them all down.

So I'm super excited about this!

The possibilities are endless...............:exp:

Cant wait to see how the tv series ties into all of this too!!

What I hope will happen is that Joss can weave the story lines of the Phase II films to be more cohesive.

Don't get me wrong, I love all the Phase I stuff, but for example having to retcon Tony's appearance in TIH in a 2 min short attached to the BluRay of Thor, somewhat takes away from the cross polination they tried to write into these stories.

Anyway, I'm excited to see what he will do. Joss' gift has always been his writing.

I agree with you. They obviously did a great job with Phase I, but there is improvement that could be made by have one person driving the vision.

I can't wait for more news on the TV show. I'm thinking more and more that it could be The Runaways. Remember Joss actually wrote a volume in the comics. Those chrarcters would be right up his alley

I agree with you. They obviously did a great job with Phase I, but there is improvement that could be made by have one person driving the vision.

There has been one person driving the vision . . . Kevin Feige. Why can't this guy get some credit? JW is awesome but the unifying vision behind all the Marvel projects belongs to KF and his creative team. JW took what was built and made it epic, but the foundation, the vision, was already there.

JW did a great job but it is a disservice to the Marvel brand to give him all the credit.

:up:

Since Hulk is getting shafted as far as sequels to his solo movie, and hope he gets ample screentime in this. I wouldn't mind if this was similar to TA animated movie sequel which was about Black Panther.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"