Just got back from seeing it... Any questions?

Sounds like they really messed up Doom AGAIN.

Doom wants to rule the world, not destroy it.

Also, Dony was clearly lying. I don't get why he would bother to do that.

Some people's main purpose in life is to be banned by C. Lee.....I fulfilled his life long wish.

Even the positive reviews seem to almost be underhanded pity reviews

Disaster with a capital "D"

What fox do now is beyond me.

Sounds like they really messed up Doom AGAIN.

Doom wants to rule the world, not destroy it.

Thats a polite way of putting it. PRE Dr Doom he was OK , it was just after when he went all mass murderer. It did not really make any sense. He just blew up tons of peoples heads and then decided to destroy Earth! He wanted to rule the Earth 0 or whatever the N zone plante was called. My advise is don't go and see it, wait for it to be in the bargain bin. I have an unlimited pass to the cinema so I don't mind going to see crappy movies but I would not spend cash to see it when there are a ton of movies tat are so much better.

so they keep using that Thing jumping out of a plane in EVERY AD, but it's cut from the movie ????????? lolololololol

SO AWFUL

Thats a polite way of putting it. PRE Dr Doom he was OK , it was just after when he went all mass murderer. It did not really make any sense. He just blew up tons of peoples heads and then decided to destroy Earth! He wanted to rule the Earth 0 or whatever the N zone plante was called. My advise is don't go and see it, wait for it to be in the bargain bin. I have an unlimited pass to the cinema so I don't mind going to see crappy movies but I would not spend cash to see it when there are a ton of movies tat are so much better.

I plan to never see this. Reading the spooiers is enough for me.

This movie has very, very little to do with the F4, both UF4 and 616F4.(I've read both, except for a few elements they are nothing alike).

I said it before, it could make a dollar, it can make a billion dollars but either way, it's not getting my money.

No, that's what the Tim Blake Nelson character says in a viral video for this movie. Thing doesn't wear pants for "obvious reasons".

No, he doesn't need a containment/protective suit for "obvious reasons," being that's he's indestructible.

It's a distinction that makes all the difference.

Ok, so I'm getting the impression the studio re-shoots and changes to the last 30 minutes (given that's where the majority of the criticisms are aimed) are what ****ed this up.

****ing studios/producers, you don't hire a director for his vision, then try to subvert it at every turn.

They probably hired him to fulfill a contract, if anything.

Ok, so I'm getting the impression the studio re-shoots and changes to the last 30 minutes (given that's where the majority of the criticisms are aimed) are what ****ed this up.

****ing studios/producers, you don't hire a director for his vision, then try to subvert it at every turn.

What Fd this up was the inability to stay true to the source material and to make a soulless and charmless hack of a movie. This amongs a great many other flaws!

In the FlickeringMyths videos last week Kate Mara mentions that Sue is from Kosovo, is that mentioned at all in the film?

In the FlickeringMyths videos last week Kate Mara mentions that Sue is from Kosovo, is that mentioned at all in the film?

Yes it is. Reed asked the Q to Sue...Are you adopted! LIKE REALLY!!!
Sue then tells Reed a bit about her history and mentions she is from Eastern Europe. He mentions she does not have an accent so she puts one on...badly.

Sue then tells Reed a bit about her history and mentions she is from Eastern Europe. He mentions she does not have an accent so she puts one on...badly.

Ok thanks. Just wondered if it was something that was in, or something that ended up on the cutting room floor, or something like with Doom where he has the 616 back history (apparently) but the film never makes the slightest mention of it.

After everything I've just read, this film is obviously the Fantastic Four In Name Only.

The Thing falling to the ground was the shot that stood out for me. I thought it looked good, effects-wise.

And it's not in the theatrical print.

I had pondered catching a matinee, but since the movie is only 90 minutes (I don't like 90-minute films, unless they're comedies), I won't bother. It sounds mind-numbingly bad.

After everything I've just read, this film is obviously the Fantastic Four In Name Only.

The Thing falling to the ground was the shot that stood out for me. I thought it looked good, effects-wise.

And it's not in the theatrical print.

I had pondered catching a matinee, but since the movie is only 90 minutes (I don't like 90-minute films, unless they're comedies), I won't bother. It sounds mind-numbingly bad.

Wait so you don't watch any non comedy movie that isn't 2 hours plus? If so, you missing out on some amazing movies ( not talking about FF by the way).

Wait so you don't watch any non comedy movie that isn't 2 hours plus? If so, you missing out on some amazing movies ( not talking about FF by the way).

You know there's a lot between 90 minutes and 2+ hours, yes?

Jesus H. Bidmead!!! :cmad:

Both "It's Clobbering Time!" and "Flame on." are mentioned, and I can also confirm that
Ben's brother shouts "It's clobbering time" before hitting him, so that's probably where he get's it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"