The Amazing Spider-Man Just Imagine Joss Whedon's Spider-Man

No to Joss Whedon directing Spider-Man, very much like Raimi, I'm not keen of his style of filmmaking. Perhaps the director who made the latest Bond movie, but not Whedon.

BTW, what hell is Joss Whedon and The Avengers threads doing in the Spider-Man forum?

Because it's a fun What if?
I suppose we could also wonder about Quentin Tarantino and Clive Barker if you prefer...

It just seems crazy, I come into a Spider-Man forum, and I see Joss Whedon and The Avengers's thread and no Mod removing it. Does that mean we can make multiple threads using 20 or 30 different directors who we'd like to see directing Spider-Man?

I mean, I can understand doing this if no director was attached yet, but this seems overly fanboyish, don't you think?

I'm not going to bother trying to convince you that TASM is good. You've clearly established you don't like it. But to imply that TASM is somehow a knock off of Batman Begins is nothing short of a stretch. The only similarities I can think of are that both films are reboots of franchises, which centre around Comic Book protagonists, and tell the origins of each respective hero. Beyond that and the standard 'heroes journey' themes that you'll find in many CB movies, they really have very little in common.

I've only seen it once, but the things I noticed at the cinema were the beginning with the child running around searching for something, with similar music... And of course the ending, with the villain/heroes former mentor trying to release a gas that would somehow negatively affect the city's population from the resident rich guy tower in the middle of the said city. So there's two more, at least.

Last edited:
It just seems crazy, I come into a Spider-Man forum, and I see Joss Whedon and The Avengers's thread and no Mod removing it. Does that mean we can make multiple threads using 20 or 30 different directors who we'd like to see directing Spider-Man?

I mean, I can understand doing this if no director was attached yet, but this seems overly fanboyish, don't you think?

No one's going to remove this because it says, on the title,

Just Imagine Joss Whedon's Spider-Man

There's no issue with this thread, or at least there shouldn't be. It's still about Spider-Man and while it could go to an area talking about other Spidey films, it's more appropriate now when there are some that didn't even like Webb's interpretation.

No one's going to remove this because it says, on the title,

There's no issue with this thread, or at least there shouldn't be. It's still about Spider-Man and while it could go to an area talking about other Spidey films, it's more appropriate now when there are some that didn't even like Webb's interpretation.
Of course no one's going to remove the thread, it's the Spider-Man boards, where you can make any damn thread you want. Just imagine if I made 30 threads with various directors starting with...

Just Imagine [INSERT DIRECTOR NAME]'s Spider-Man

You see my point, now the Mods can't remove any of my 30 threads, unless they first admit that leaving the "Joss Whedon" thread up has nothing to do with Marc Webb's Spider-Man. :dry:

You can try, but the fact that you're doing it in spite would certainly get your threads closed, lol.

Well, at least it's good you see my point.

I wouldn't do it on spite, simply because it doesn't make any sense to me, just like the Joss Whedon, The Avengers and the Marvel Universe threads. All a bunch of "What Ifs" that clutter the boards and has nothing to do with Marc Webb's Spider-Man films.

That wasn't humor being integrated into the film, that was Robert Downey Jr. being Robert Downey Jr. You can see this humor in interviews, on the red carpet or him at home. No acting or performance required. :dry:

HA!! The people who were saying Joss sucked on the first page, I bet they are eating up every bit of the Avengers!! I had been meaning to read this thread a while ago and I know Messiah LOVES The Avengers now and even rates it his top Marvel movie and yet he said 'it completely sucks that Joss is doing The Avengers.' Poor judgement!!

I will admit, when I first heard it I wondered how well Joss would make the full blown transition to a comic book adaptation. But I never doubted him once. A good writer/ producer/ director who knows the genre, is a good writer/ producer/ director. It doesnt matter if he's doing an adaptation or his own stuff.

I bet that Brian guy is ranking The Avengers as the best too and kneeling at the temple of Joss Whedon.

The Avengers was a good film, but not the holy grail of CBMs, lol.

If Avengers 2 ends up being as good, I'd definitely say Joss Whedon is the #1 CBM director.

It'll still be a tough one to say he'd be the #1 CBM director. Spider-Man 2(Sam Raimi), X2(Bryan Singer), The Dark Knight(Christopher Nolan....I won't bring up TDKR because I know how polarizing the film is, lol)...there's still competition there.

The Avengers was a good film, but not the holy grail of CBMs, lol.
It is to a considerable number of people. The genre is now wide enough to support more than one film as the holy grail. Just like in other genre's of film.

It is to a considerable number of people. The genre is now wide enough to support more than one film as the holy grail. Just like in other genre's of film.

Then this even supports my statement of The Avengers not being the holy grail of CBMs if you say the genre is wide enough for there to be more than one favorable film of the genre.

Is that what all the nerds are doing, kneeling at his temple? Is he God for them?

He isn't to me but he might be to Brian now, who doubted him so much. I happened to just always know he was a good director. I don’t like him any more or less than before The Avengers. However I think it’s just an example of someone not checking someone’s credentials and fanbase before they bad-mouth them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"