Just to be fair: The Official "Marlon Wayans is Ripcord" Thread

No offense here, but what are you talking about? Best I can tell (based from those leaked pictures), the only character clad heavily in leather is the Baroness. The Joes are mostly in synthetics.
And all of the characters wear those accelerator suits with the exception of Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes (Scarlett tells RipCord "He doesn't need one") Destro and CC.

And all of the characters wear those accelerator suits with the exception of Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes (Scarlett tells RipCord "He doesn't need one") Destro and CC.

But those suits aren't made of leather! They're made from synthetics (or rubber at worst). If your problem is what they're capable of, the U.S. military is actually in the middle of developing such gear (except maybe the invisibility but nobody seems to have a problem with Zartan, a run of the mill mercenary having one so why not the world's elite?) so it's actually not that out there to have the team (who are an elite commando unit) to be equipped with them since it's set in the near future.

The US military is developing suits that make us run like the Flash?

I actually hated Zartan as a kid. In my fictional battles I used him as a stealthy guy, but in no way was he able to change color. I hated that aspect of the character, and I see him as a precursor to Cobra-La.

The US military is developing suits that make us run like the Flash?

While it probably won't ever be able to move that fast, the military is designing compact, powered exoskeletons that would allow soldiers to run faster and lift heavier loads. The 'super fast' speed is merely an exaggeration. And isn't that what movies are all about? Showing things which are exaggerated out of scale?

Don't get your hopes up for Covergirl.
She is the one and only Joe member who dies in the flick and she never gets to put on an accelerator suit.

NOOOOOO! Thats not cool! i love covergirl! :(

We shopuld all play a game!

Heres the deal...we keep naming stars that we would cast in a serious action movie BEFORE we would think of casting Marlon Wayans!

I'll start:

Bea Arthur

Heres the deal...we keep naming stars that we would cast in a serious action movie BEFORE we would think of casting Marlon Wayans!

I'll start:

Bea Arthur

:pal::applaud:lmao:

game over, you win!

I'll start:

Bea Arthur

Wilford Brimley as Hardball!

Wayans is supposedly a big Joe fan which is largely why he got the part. The thing is his part isn't "Ripcord" from any incarnation (comic/TV series), it's using the name of an existing character and giving it to a role specifically written for Wayans to be the generic comic relief.

If Wayans wanted to really contribute to this movie and the writers wanted to give him a role of an actual Joe that held some substance, they should have written him in as Stalker and dropped this whole Ripcord schtick altogether.
yeah! becasue ripcord is a white guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"