Justice League Dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be awesome if they could somehow include Cain from House of Mystery...maybe make the house the focal point, or "meeting place" for the group....

ugo-cainabel_288x288.jpg

House of Mystery is probably DC's longest running horror title, if im not mistaken, and is considered one of the cornerstones of the Vertigo imprint. As a matter of fact, i think John Constantine is the current owner....

The question is what event/happening that will make these characters team up?
Are they stumbling into each other by accident, or are they actively gathering for a specific purpose?

I don't get how this is gonna work but I'm very excited to find out

If the movie gets made I would Paul Bettany as Constantine.

I'm actually more excited about this over the actual Justice League film. This is a cool way to compete with Marvel. Though reasonably, if we're talking about brand recognition, JL is the way to go, but this sound more promising to me.
Agree 100%. This has far more story potential than JL. I fear it could go the way of other del Toro projects though (The Hobbit, At the Mountains of Madness). I would have much rather seen any of those films get made over Pacific Rim but that's just the way it goes I guess.

depending on who is available character-wise-- what about Bloodwynd?

Total Film recently chatted with the producer of the Andres Muschietti-helmed horror outing, Guillermo del Toro. And with the famed director's recent attachment to DC Comics' Justice League Dark adaptation project - currently titled Heaven Sent Dark Universe - of course the website didn't skip the chance to question him about his comic book passion project.
"I am going to be presenting my storyline to DC and Warners of where I want to take this universe," he said. "We do have a writer, but until that is firmed up, I have to keep it a secret. I hope it happens."
Del Toro admitted that he's always been a big fan of the characters related to the team.
"It's going really, really well. It's like meeting old friends. I grew up with Demon Etrigan, with Swamp Thing, with Deadman, so these are characters that are near and dear to my heart." When asked about the story arc that we'll have to expect to see in the movie, Guillermo del Toro explains that he prefers one that pulls in the characters' origin tales, than the recent one that is currently ongoing in the comics. "I'd love to use the origins that are proper to each character. I love the idea of Jason Blood as a paladin and a knight...I love the entire Constantine mythology, the Dead Man mythology, the Alec Holland Swamp Thing mythology. These are really rich things to well, and to dig."

I read it's con-stan-tain, not teen, not tyne. This pronouncement is on Wikipedia. Driving me crazy when I'm reading in my head. Also try and picture the character looking & sounding like Sting as originally was envisaged, but Paul Bettany is a great choice/idea. Currently reading "Justice League Dark" and it has really hooked me. Would any of those scripts be cool to adapt?

Last edited:
I read it's con-stan-tain, not teen, not tyne. This pronouncement is on Wikipedia. Driving me crazy when I'm reading in my head. Also try and picture the character looking & sounding like Sting as originally was envisaged, but Paul Bettany is a great choice/idea. Currently reading "Justice League Dark" and it has really hooked me. Would any of those scripts be cool to adapt?

According to Wikipedia its "-tyne" That lexical set of "aI" refers to a long "i" sound like in pride.

extraoguillermodeltorod.jpg
¿Qué?
1704375-265484_196790_extrano_large.jpg

Last edited:
It's like Frankenstein. Different people say things different ways. Doesn't make either wrong. It's one of those words that molds comfortably to different accents. No biggie.

Remember how differently people pronounced 'Han' in Star Wars? Maybe they'll do that. :oldrazz:

I'm most excited for Swamp Thing. :hrt: Zatanna too.

Thank you very much' RustyCage, As I suffer from OCD (getting much better!) that post of yours' has made me more settled when I'm reading. Thank you' again.

this really could be like it was "heaven sent " if it goes right.

Cast for Haven Sent -

Zatanna - Olivia Wilde.

John Constantine - Matthew Goode.

Demon Etrigan - Ron Perlman.

Morgan Le Fay - Charlize Theron.

Deadman - Andy Serkis.

Phantom Stranger - Brandon Routh.

How about Del Toro's new boy, Charlie Hunnam as John Conny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"