Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drew McWeeny is legit. He broke the news that Liam Neeson filmed a scene for TDKR, and other scoops for different movies.

Let's see... he had sources who correctly reported that Liam Neeson shot his scene as Ra's al Ghul in TDKR (which was back in June 2011). And he also reported that salary demands for 2010's Unstoppable was put on hold while Fox reworked Chris Pine and Denzel Washington's deals.

So he's pretty legit. It'll probably take a couple of months until WB confirms it.

only problem i have is that means no bruce wayne in justice league

which is a very horrible idea it's like having Isaiah Bradley in avengers instead of steve rogers

Project862006 said:
only problem i have is that means no bruce wayne in justice league

which is a very horrible idea it's like having Isaiah Bradley in avengers instead of steve rogers
"I only have one problem with this, everything."

its funny how people on these boards will just accept that robin john blake is batman in justice league.

the whole idea doesn't make much sense. jgl is a good actor. he's more suited for nightwing than batman. leave nolan's tdk trilogy alone, and find some new blood to be the bruce wayne version of batman. that's the one that started the jla, that's the one that first met superman, that's the one who's a genius, that's the one who would formulate a contingency plan against his own friends in case they went rogue, not john blake.

I can guarantee the only difference between having a Batman character named Bruce Wayne and a Batman character named John Blake in a Justice League movie, is which name they use in the credits.

He's more suited for Nightwing than Batman? Nightwing was suited for Batman though.

Sub-Zero, I think JGL is more suited towards Nightwing as well... but we really ought to wait and see how JGL fares in the Batsuit before saying things like that. He might do real well, given the right script and direction.

Well I think it's great that they want to continue where TDKR left off but I really do want to see Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne in a scene.

I can guarantee the only difference between having a Batman character named Bruce Wayne and a Batman character named John Blake in a Justice League movie, is which name they use in the credits.

and their characters lol blake and bruce were very different characters there are things bruce would do that blake would never do

blake never would of done what bale did to sonar in tdk he is far too nice and noble boy scout

They'll write the character as "Batman", maybe with a small reference to Blake's arc in DKR. He'll be a dark loner, skeptical of other superheroes, etc... blah blah blah.

How do you know that, Project? We never see Blake after he becomes Batman. Would the Bruce that chucked the gun into the ocean and then traveled overseas have put sonar devices throughout the whole city?

How do you know that, Project? We never see Blake after he becomes Batman. Would the Bruce that chucked the gun into the ocean and then traveled overseas have put sonar devices throughout the whole city?

well blake is a grown adult on the police force who now has a suit and aid of lucius fox

not really same as bruce who saw his parents killed and want hell bent on revenge and had to go find himself on a self discovery journey before he got his suit

highly doubt blake is gonna go through that dramatic of a change

I wonder where this is all headed. I could see WB wanting to move forward wit JGL to keep the heat of TDK trilogy going towards the new DC universe. Making use of all the money they invested to hype up that trilogy sounds exactly what they would want to do.

A non bruce wayne batman would be difficult to swallow for some peeps. I would like to see a nightwing character though, maybe the other batman actor is actually Christian Bale? lol

Batman will be Bruce Wayne for the Justice Leauge

If Joseph Gordon-Levitt plays Batman, he'll be Bruce Wayne. Simple as that.

Nolan's Batman is over with. It was a great franchise and an amazing re-imagination of his legacy. JGL's part will have nothing to do with the 2015 Justice League. It's a new Batman and, for audience-continuity purposes, it works.

By 2015, we'll be more fond on putting aside Christian Bale and Nolan's Batman and witness JGL take the mantle as Bruce Wayne/Batman.

the movie version of the avengers don't have secret identities. people know stark is ironman, cap is steve, etc. each member of the justice league has a secret identity. they hide and lead real lives outside of costume. that could be one thing that differentiates it from avengers.

avengers did something for fans; while it changed things, it kept the essence and identities of the characters intact. bruce banner, tony stark, and thor were founders of the avengers, and if we're talking the ultimates so was steve rogers. that's how it happened in the comics, and they were all part of the team that was in the movie.

john blake doesn't make sense. he isn't from the comics. he's not robin. he served the purpose of robin, but was not robin. why does he get to continue the legacy of batman, and take his place in jl?

it surprises me that people who post here, who are fans, would rather have continuity with a franchise that ended, than have their favorite comic book team up come to life with the proper players in tact.

it wasn't just batman who started the jla. bruce wayne was the man under the mask, and giving him new life to make him closer to his comic book counterpart in a superpower filled "realistic" setting would be a perfect restart of the character.

No to JGL as Batman. Let Nolan's trilogy be as it is and give us something new.

Batman will be Bruce Wayne for the Justice Leauge

If Joseph Gordon-Levitt plays Batman, he'll be Bruce Wayne. Simple as that.

Nolan's Batman is over with. It was a great franchise and an amazing re-imagination of his legacy. JGL's part will have nothing to do with the 2015 Justice League. It's a new Batman and, for audience-continuity purposes, it works.

By 2015, we'll be more fond on putting aside Christian Bale and Nolan's Batman and witness JGL take the mantle as Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is not going to play freaking Bruce Wayne. If this report is true, the whole reason of doing it is to keep the continuity with Nolan's series. Joe will be the exact same character he played in TDKR.

The very first time Superman and Batman share the silver screen, it needs to be Clark and Bruce. Clark and Robin Jonathan Blake doesn't work for me. Neither does Clark and Dick Grayson, Clark and Terry McGinnis, Clark and Jean-Paul Valley, or any other Superman/replacement-Batman combination. That would be fine for an alternate universe story, a reboot or some other kind of re-imagining down the road.

But what people have wanted to see for years is the first face-to-face meeting of DC's two most iconic superheroes. And whether that takes place during the final scene of Man Of Steel, in a post-credits scene, or during the Justice League movie itself, it needs to be the characters that are most associated with the Superman and Batman personas: Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne.

Call me old fashioned, call me a traditionalist, say I am not a progressive thinker and close-minded. All of that may very well be true to various extents. But, I am firm in my opinion on this matter. No offense to JGL...he's a fine actor and comes across as a good guy...but if he is not playing Bruce Wayne, then I really hope they do not take this particular course of action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"