Chris Terrio to Script Justice League

So lets call an oscar winning guy not smart because his rewrite of a script previously done by goyer was made into a bad movie.
The script is weak. End of story. I didn't see Snyder in script writing credits. I'm pretty sure the script was even worse before Terrio got involved. (I mean, he was involved for a reason, I bet.)
I just hope this time around someone doesn't allow Snyder to put in random ideas not in the original script. Like the nightmare scene.
What's so random about it?

The script is weak. End of story. I didn't see Snyder in script writing credits. I'm pretty sure the script was even worse before Terrio got involved. (I mean, he was involved for a reason, I bet.)

The fact that it's out of place and doesn't provide the audience with an idea of Wtf just occurred.

The fact that it's out of place and doesn't provide the audience with an idea of Wtf just occurred.
It's not out of place as a part of DCEU. Everyone admits these shared universes work as TV series. Only with longer episodes and longer gaps between them. It's even fair for all kinds of trilogies. (See Ra's appearance in TDKR.)

It's not out of place as a part of DCEU. Everyone admits these shared universes work as TV series. Only with longer episodes and longer gaps between them. It's even fair for all kinds of trilogies. (See Ra's appearance in TDKR.)

I mean we know that as fans. But for a cinematic outlook and considering you are watching this movie only. You don't know anything until it gets tied with whatevers in store for the future. But now thats unlikely because the timeline has changed and that just appears to be another reality. This is confusing and not addressed to GA

I mean we know that as fans. But for a cinematic outlook and considering you are watching this movie only. You don't know anything until it gets tied with whatevers in store for the future. But now thats unlikely because the timeline has changed and that just appears to be another reality. This is confusing and not addressed to GA
I don't perceive shared universe films as stand alone. And I think I'm not alone on that.

I don't perceive shared universe films as stand alone. And I think I'm not alone on that.

I think that's the appeal of the shared universe.

It's a stand alone movie that is a part of a much bigger film and ties in neatly with subtle easter eggs that the stand alone movie may have hinted.

It all fits in a nice little box.

I think that's the appeal of the shared universe.

It's a stand alone movie that is a part of a much bigger film and ties in neatly with subtle easter eggs that the stand alone movie may have hinted.

It all fits in a nice little box.
Appeal of a shared universe - giant narrative with dozens of characters across a dozen or more of films. I don't see the point of appreciating a stand alone film in a shared universe.

Appeal of a shared universe - giant narrative with dozens of characters across a dozen or more of films. I don't see the point of appreciating a stand alone film in a shared universe.

Are you referring to MCU's approach to the shared universe? Because that's just how Disney/Marvel are going to do things. DC has only shown audience 6 superheroes in the DCEU so I don't know where you get this assumptions.

Last edited:
I'm referring to shared universes. MoS feels like a more interesting film, being a part of DCEU, than just a stand alone film. Same goes with all Marvel films. They support each other, being a part of a huge unverse. Same applies to Mos and BvS. Some stuff, that is hinted on now will be addressed in the future. I don't see the point of flipping **** over a future vision sequence.

I'm referring to shared universes. MoS feels like a more interesting film, being a part of DCEU, than just a stand alone film. Same goes with all Marvel films. They support each other, being a part of a huge universe. Same applies to Mos and BvS. Some stuff, that is hinted on now will be addressed in the future. I don't see the point of flipping **** over a future vision sequence.

I don't have the same faith in the DC/WB roadmap to the future movies as you do. The restructuring (or what I like to call the shuffling of deck chairs) might result in another case of too many cooks in the kitchen.

Plus I feel it's unfair for Justice League and Wonder Woman to carry a bigger burden, and correct, due to the poor story decisions that MoS and BvS had. It should be the opposite. Using Zack Snyder as a conductor for those productions have not significantly gained or unified the general audience and fans alike.

Terrio had to work off of Goyer's story to begin with, I'm not sure he entirely had his shot to build something up on his own completely. He had to do a lot of rewriting with per-conceived ideas. I think JL will give us a more fair assessment.

I can't wait. Teaser in August please Lord Zack

The Martha scene was a stroke of genius. Both their mothers are Martha and they stop fighting. Too good. That would stop Batman from fighting.
He didn't stop because her of her name. He stopped because it made him finally see Superman as a human and not some alien here to destroy the world.

Snyder and Goyer wrote the story. Terrio could only change/write in scenes but not change the story. Also producers at WB said he mostly worked with Batman and some other stuff.

Any guesses on how much changed from Terrio's original version of the script to what we saw in the JL trailer?

I know Terrio/Snyder already specified that JL would be "lighter than BVS". But I think that to Snyder "lighter than BVS" means something closer to what we saw in MOS. Not what we saw in the JL teaser with plenty of humor sprinkled in.

JL was only two weeks away from filming while it became apparent audiences where not responding well to BVS.

How much do you think changed? How much do you think it would be possible to change?
Do you think what we saw was what Snyder originally intended before the BVS fallout?

How much do you think changed? How much do you think it would be possible to change?

Do you think what we saw was what Snyder originally intended before the BVS fallout?

Why do we need to worry about what's changed ? We don't need to know what's going on behind the scenes unless it's something that is going to affect movie's release. Is it because we need something to get upset ?

I dont think much could have changed at all.Maybe a couple of lines were changed,here and there,but thats normal for all movies.I heard ezra miller is ad-libbing.As important as it is to listen to fans feedback,its also important to keep your artistic integrity.

I think the bottomline is since we dont know **** about whats happening BTS,its useless to guess.

I dont think much could have changed at all.Maybe a couple of lines were changed,here and there,but thats normal for all movies.I heard ezra miller is ad-libbing.As important as it is to listen to fans feedback,its also important to keep your artistic integrity.

I think the bottomline is since we dont know **** about whats happening BTS,its useless to guess.

most screenwriters say their script and what shows up on screen often differ so a lot can change in that small time span and during pre-production. supposedly the knightmare sequence was added while they were in production on BvS.

im sure geoff johns read over the screenplay and made his recommendations and they rewrote some lines for humor. designs could still be finalized on characters like steppenwolf, i imagine he'll be wearing a mo-cap suit like Michael Shannon.

most screenwriters say their script and what shows up on screen often differ so a lot can change in that small time span and during pre-production. supposedly the knightmare sequence was added while they were in production on BvS.

im sure geoff johns read over the screenplay and made his recommendations and they rewrote some lines for humor. designs could still be finalized on characters like steppenwolf, i imagine he'll be wearing a mo-cap suit like Michael Shannon.

Yeah ofcourse,no script is perfect,if they can improve it...great.But that stands for most movies so there is not really much to say.

The script does not equal what's on the screen. Script changes, scene changes and story changes happen on set every day. The final product is almost nothing like the original script. Scenes are moved around, dialogue is altered, scenes are changed during shooting. There is simply no way you can critique Terrio's script without reading it.

Mark Hughes on JL script

Mark Hughes – Verified account ‏@markhughesfilms

@Sayandeep_09 Johns and Affleck did some notable rewrites

Still calls it a Snyder movie though

Mark Hughes on JL script

Mark Hughes – Verified account ‏@markhughesfilms

@Sayandeep_09 Johns and Affleck did some notable rewrites

Still calls it a Snyder movie though

I thought they said Affleck's input was to align the script with his Batman solo?I remember reading that somewhere.

Great to hear Johns involvement.I am sure he added some extremely cool comicbook references for us to geek out.

Did this guy say anything else?

heres the question and reply. Affleck helped do batman stuff for his future solo, but johns did more.

Ali Ghezelbash
Ali Ghezelbash – ‏@AliGhezelbash

@markhughesfilms @Sayandeep_09 Mark, can you say if the rewrites were beyond just aligning JL with the solo Batman film?
2:19 PM - 14 Aug 2016
1 LIKE

@AliGhezelbash @Sayandeep_09 That was a big part of it, especially Affleck's input, but Johns did more than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"