Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention the fact that A) Clark clearly goes into exile, which could have easily lasted from several months to several years, meaning he is blissfully unaware of the situation and b) [BLACKOUT]He apparently abandons his powers after failing to save Pa from the tornado[/BLACKOUT]

Thanks, Llama. Now my hopes are getting up that we might see Bale in Justice League. :csad:

(I kid)

Id like to see an older, established batman. Dnt care if its bale or not, as long as he is older.

I don't see this happening because, judging from the rumoured plotline (very sci-fi/action), what we've seen happen in the New 52 comics etc., I see them making Batman young again, to gear towards the younger market. We saw older Batman in TDKR, and now I can see WB wanting to dial it back again and have strong, youthful Batman again to maintain a presence in the onscreen DC Universe, to keep the brand going. Including for the other divisions ie. toys, videogames etc.

I do think he will probably be a bit older than the other team members, with leadership qualities, but he would probably be in his late 20s/early 30s. At least to be a contemporary of Superman's.

It could be interesting if he is still young to show him still figuring stuff out, not just as a crime fighter/detective, but his personality, including being part of this team.

That does depend on the definition of old! Batman into his late 30s could be older than the other members and be a sort of veteran yet is not too old to not be able to connect with the younger market! Indeed I'm of the opinion that sort of Batman would have a better connection than a relative greenhorn of a Batman!

Remember, what he brings to the team is strategy and an experienced view on different problems the League faces. In a way, he is their prudence!

That does depend on the definition of old! Batman into his late 30s could be older than the other members and be a sort of veteran yet is not too old to not be able to connect with the younger market! Indeed I'm of the opinion that sort of Batman would have a better connection than a relative greenhorn of a Batman!

Remember, what he brings to the team is strategy and an experienced view on different problems the League faces. In a way, he is their prudence!

You're not wrong there. I guess it depends where they want to go with Batman.

I would actually prefer that they introduce an older Batman and then do a prequel series that takes him to that point. It would fit right in with the rest of the League members' timelines and give him an opportunity to fight his own baddies without being able to rely on the League.

You have a point. Up to 40 is pushing it, but could still work. And Batman should be older and wiser. Guess it would also depend on the actor they find.

But the talk of wanting Batman to be about 50, I just don't see it happening.

I would actually prefer that they introduce an older Batman and then do a prequel series that takes him to that point. It would fit right in with the rest of the League members' timelines and give him an opportunity to fight his own baddies without being able to rely on the League.

That's actually not a bad way to do it.

I'm a fan of the Batman prequel idea because it fleshes out the DCU more than just moving forward. We've seen the origin, Joker and Robin recently. Moving backwards, or at least back in time, allows the writing team the freedom to include any villain.

If this Batman is a hit, then DC/WB could even link it back to the Dark Knight trilogy if they want to.

The New 52 comics did something similar, having the JL set 5 years earlier and having the Superman and Action Comics be about Superman at different times in his life.

Captain America, Iron Man, Thor and Hulk made over a billion dollars together.

Batman made over a billion dollars alone. Twice. :yay:

If Man of Steel is a big hit like we all hope it is, and if they can get Bale for JL, than it will destroy the Avengers. :woot:

That comparison doesn't even make sense. Batman's solo success doesn't have much, if any, baring in how successful JL will be. Iron Man 3 is probably gonna gross close to if not over a billion dollars too, and the other Marvel sequels are going to be much more successful than their originals, but I seriously doubt that means Avengers 2 is going to gross more than the first one and if it does I'll be surprised. It will be a while before another film grosses as much as the big 3 (Avatar, Titanic, Avengers) did, and unless it's absolutely mind-blowing I doubt Justice League would be that movie..

Agreed. I can't think of any movie concept that would excite the masses enough to fill movie theaters enough to beat Avengers or Avatar. Not even sequels to either movie (just as JB said).

But as I brought up in that other thread, it's a bit unfair to judge how successful JL is by comparing it to super high grossing movies like the Avengers and the Dark Knight movies. If it turns a decent profit and gets reasonable reviews, it is a success regardless of how it stacks up. A movie's worth is more than its earnings.

Guys, that post of mine wasn't serious. It was just meant to get under the skin of Marvel fanboys and those who actually care how much a movie makes. I don't give a crap. :woot:

The New 52 comics did something similar, having the JL set 5 years earlier and having the Superman and Action Comics be about Superman at different times in his life.

I like progressive storytelling like that. There's nothing wrong with a linear story, but that is one of the reasons that we keep seeing some of the same characters being rebooted.

Cosmicbooknews.com Rumors from the JL movie
• Superman is essentially the same character from Man of Steel, and Zack Snyder is consulting regarding the writing of the character.

• Batman: The strategist of the group. Batman doesn't really want to be involved with these super powered beings he considers too powerful. Easily the most complex written.

• Wonder Woman: She has only been in man's world a few short months. The Wonder Woman script Michael Goldenberg is developing will be set before the Justice League movie.

• Green Lantern: Will be Ryan Reynold's character from the Green Lantern movie, but will be freshly written with a more serious tone.

• Flash: The most popular hero in civilian eyes who loves media attention, but when called upon is very serious.

• Martian Manhunter: Alien who has lived on Earth in secret for over a hundred years who has knowledge of Darkseid and his reign.

• Aquaman: Will be the King of Atlantis who has a key role in the film.

• There will also be a heavy military presence in the film which in future rewrites could include characters featured in Man of Steel or even Amanda Waller (Angela Bassett) of which neither are included in the first draft.

• Alfred Pennyworth is in the film in a minor appearance.

• Lois Lane is also in the film in a cameo.

• Darkseid's Elite will be featured who go up against the Justice League early on in the film.
If all of this is true, this movie is shaping up to be ****ing fantasmic. Especially the parts about Aquaman and Darkseid's elite.

I really don't trust this! But if it is, it's going to be awesome... almost what we want!

Also, does it mean we get a WW movie BEFORE JL?

I like the Wonder Woman bit too. Reminds me of her introduction in the JL cartoon. If all of that is true I can die happily after seeing that lol

Last edited:
Aquaman having a key role in the film? :up:

Sounds cool. But it's Cosmicbooknews. Remember to put "Wouldn't it be cool if..." at the start of every article.

Sounds cool. But it's Cosmicbooknews. Remember to put "Wouldn't it be cool if..." at the start of every article.

Yup.

Remember when they released "set pics of Chris Meloni as Lex Luthor"?

CBN is a fanfiction site.

Isn't that STILL a possibility?

Not really. We've seen him as Col. Hardy, and they released their "set pics" when NukeTheFridge said they had pics of Meloni as Hardy.

NTF then released their pics and CBN released manips of Meloni from that cop show he's on.

I dont believe this. I dont think Aquaman or Martian Manhunter are even in this. They can always have an Alfred and/or Lois Lane cameo but it sounds more like fanfiction.

They've had scoops in the past. One grain of salt and one of sugar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"