Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
A2 likely will be bumped until 16'.

13' is Iron Man 3 and Thor.
14' is Captain America 2.
15' is (speculating) Hulk

Also keep in mind that Joss Whedon has stated numerous times that he needs a break. If they were to shoot for 15' they'd have to get the ball rolling on A2 very soon.

2016 seems more likely.

Didn't Kevin Feige already confirm 2015 for Avengers II?

Seems to be the word on the Marvel forums.

The sequel is already greenlit and in development now.

Last edited:
A2 likely will be bumped until 16'.

13' is Iron Man 3 and Thor.
14' is Captain America 2.
15' is (speculating) Hulk

Also keep in mind that Joss Whedon has stated numerous times that he needs a break. If they were to shoot for 15' they'd have to get the ball rolling on A2 very soon.

2016 seems more likely.

No way. Feige said there's no plans for Hulk right now. A2 will be 2015, you can pretty much take it to the bank.

Also it should be noted that Marvel doesn't wait 4 years between sequels.......well except for Ghost Rider but I don't really count that.

Avengers made them a ton of money, it would be silly to delay it past 2015 just to get another solo film in there that wont make 10% of what that film has made. Movie making is a business at the end of the day.

Something's gotta give...I just can't see WB wanting to go against Marvel the same year.

Justice League AND Avengers 2 in the same summer? That's crazy.

4 years ago could you see avengers wanting to go against the dark knight?

If the film is good who cares if they are in the same year. But this is all talk anyways because until they hire a director this is nothing more than a pr stunt to get more press for batman.

I still say the WB should start "small" with a Worlds Finest film teaming up just Superman and Batman.

THEN build on that to an eventual JL movie.

Frankly, id be more hyped for a Bat and Supes team up film than a JL one right now.

We think alike!! Can't someone make a poll, because I'm sure everybody would rather be more optimistic about a Superman and Batman Film than JL.

The truth is that's all everybody really want to see!! I would prefer if DC's first attempt at JL, is a trinity film (Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman).

Where the film picks with Wonder Woman entering this world where Superman and Batman rain supreme... And tell the story more from Wonder Woman's view, because essentially as she discovers this world, so will the audience be seeing a world with Bats and Supes together in it for the first time.

And the whole world knows Supes and Bats origins story, but General Audiences will only know Wonder Woman by name, so telling a story that's a little more from her view will allow GA's to get more firmiliar with her while setting her up as a hero that demands the same respect as Bats and Supes.

If that film works out, then the next film should be JL, with those 3 deciding on the other members

I would rather see a trinity film too, worlds finest would seem redundant with so many batman and superman films, it needs someone to freshen it up. And Diana would be a natural choice

Wonder Woman is needed.. for the posters.

superheroes_posed.jpeg

Last edited:

If the film is good who cares if they are in the same year. But this is all talk anyways because until they hire a director this is nothing more than a pr stunt to get more press for batman.
JL & Avengers are way too similar though. Avengers & TDK while both being superhero films are very different in both concept and tone.

Because of the obscene amount of money Avengers made, this isn't a PR stunt for WB. This film will happen. We just don't know how it'll happen in the wake of how Marvel set things up.

Honestly, all a JL film needs is a massive prologue, told in voice over and montage (like the Fellowship of the Ring prologue) that sets up the world, the mythos, the threat of the story, and a brief snippet about needing heroes of a different sort in order to get the world up and running without having to do solo lead up films to get to the JL film.

As a novice to the rich history of comics, can someone explain to me how Batman fits into this world of the Justice League, a world of super beings?

Does anyone else think the fact they've chosen the GL writer is any indicator that perhaps the GL franchise isn't as dead as we thought.

I mean, if they saw the whole thing as such a big mess, why would they trust the next DC project to the exact same writer?

Does anyone else think the fact they've chosen the GL writer is any indicator that perhaps the GL franchise isn't as dead as we thought.

I mean, if they saw the whole thing as such a big mess, why would they trust the next DC project to the exact same writer?

Is it really the script? The script followed alot to the comic books. There seems to be more corporate decisions and I blame the director a little bit more for the underperformance. But I didnt think the show was bad.

I would rather see a trinity film too, worlds finest would seem redundant with so many batman and superman films, it needs someone to freshen it up. And Diana would be a natural choice
Actually I wouldn't mind that. Would be a good precursor to Justice League and wouldn't suffer for Avengers comparisons so much. I think it'd be an easier thing for the public to get behind rather than 7/8 heroes of which a fair few are brand new.

Green lantern movie's script was originally written by three writers -Greg Berlanti, Michael Green and Marc Guggenheim which was rewritten by Michael Goldenberg.

Goldenberg previous works includes writing screenplays for movies such as Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Peter Pan and Contact.

GL's script suffered from uneven tone which could have been due to inclusion of as many as four different writers not to mention Geoff Johns involvement and then you have WB studio execs interference in it.

And then of course not to mention that around a third of the film was cut out due to budgetary restraints and we end up with the turd of a film we got. Goldenberg is not a bad writer, but WB, ended up giving us a bad movie because they wouldn't let people go about their business.

As a novice to the rich history of comics, can someone explain to me how Batman fits into this world of the Justice League, a world of super beings?

In the comics? Very naturally. He always has, but that is because he has enemies like Clayface who, can change his appearance and, as his name suggests, made from clay. But Nolan's Batman would be a whole new ballgame to try and incorporate into Justice League.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=91071

Wonder Woman film getting a writer...

Haven't seen anyone talking about this; at the very least, it looks like WB may be trying to get MOS and a WW film out before JL.

Man of Steel is definitely coming out before Justice League. Wonder Woman could still go either way, I'm still not expecting this Justice League movie for half a decade.

The GL movie sucked due a bunch of reasons.

• The script was piss poor and all over the place.
  • Ryan R. total wrong choice for a GL. He's more for comedies than a serious Superhero role.
  • Both villains were handled terribly. Parrellax was beaten by the sun? really? and of all the GL rouge gallery Hector Hammond would not have been my first choice for 1st GL movie. Honestly I would have rather saw the Manhunters as the main villain in the GL movie.
As far as the JLA i hope its made and from what it looks like it probably will.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR11...ews&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I think that WB will be a LOT more cautious before green lighting a Justice League movie due to the sheer hype associated with the movie project, The budget which will be more than 250 million, The competition with Marvel / Disney.

I think that chances of Wonder Woman movie happening are more than a JL movie right now, even Flash can happen before JL does.

I would want WB to make a World's Finest movie or a Trinity movie before JL movie.

I think that WB will be a LOT more cautious before green lighting a Justice League movie due to the sheer hype associated with the movie project, The budget which will be more than 250 million, The competition with Marvel / Disney.

I think that chances of Wonder Woman movie happening are more than a JL movie right now, even Flash can happen before JL does.

I would want WB to make a World's Finest movie or a Trinity movie before JL movie.

I doubt we'll get that many lead ins. I think the only film that should lead into JL is MOS.
Then we can have WW as a spin off.
However, I don't think WW is a good idea. I would rather have a flash film.

Something's gotta give...I just can't see WB wanting to go against Marvel the same year.

Justice League AND Avengers 2 in the same summer? That's crazy.

You're saying that like Avengers would move because of Justice Leauge????

not going to happen.

All of these writers were hired last year before GL flopped. The JL, Flash, WW writers, all of them.

Which is why all the excitement seems weird to me. A Variety writer recently found out who they hired a year ago and yet these news snippets are being treated as current developments.

I'm sure some sort of DC team-up flick will happen after Avengers but it won't involve anyone who worked on Green Lantern except maybe Johns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"