March 2007 DC Comics Solicitations

The Leaguer said:
You should probably stop, you're going to start sounding like the morons who populate most of these boards.

You mean like you? :huh:

twylight said:
Not much, except I'm sure he's from Apokolips. :down

What's wrong with Apokolips? Besides being a planet shaped hell.

The Fourth World will be getting its due in 2007. Something big is going to happen. DC has been planning this for quite some time. They mentioned that Infinite Crisis was only a part of the grander plan, and that it was only like the halfway point. Not the big conclusion we thought it was.

Look to the skies.

Whats better than 4th world seriously? its the only reason i'm going to buy Firestorm soon

The Batman said:
I must say that is tHE only cool pic of power boy ive ever seen

its the chest hair isn't it :woot::oldrazz:

GNR4Life said:
Birds of Prey looks enticing,I might pick up 100.Was 100 any good?

I haven't been a huge fan of BoP recently, and if you ask around I am one of the biggest fans of the book..and I dropped it. :o

Purple Man said:
What's wrong with Apokolips? Besides being a planet shaped hell.

The Fourth World will be getting its due in 2007. Something big is going to happen. DC has been planning this for quite some time. They mentioned that Infinite Crisis was only a part of the grander plan, and that it was only like the halfway point. Not the big conclusion we thought it was.

Look to the skies.

Nothing is wrong with Apokolips, I'm just not a fan of the whole 'Power Boy' idea to begin with and to me it sort of cheapens the whole 'Apokolips' mystique by having more people come from there. :csad:

'Cides why do we need to have 'Power Boy' when we have Big Barda?

04nbod said:
its the chest hair isn't it :woot::oldrazz:

Or his lack, thereof. :cwink:

ttcv45atc8.jpg

this is the finished cover, Moose posted it on his myspace, along with this..
flash10cvrbonlinesolictuk0.jpg

is that..zoom???

Um, did you bother reading the solicitation?

I'll put my money on no.

Darthphere said:
Um, did you bother reading the solicitation?

no, the way they have it set up annoyed me, I only saw JSA, JLA and Action comics...I got that pic from Moose's myspace, i didnt notice it on the newsarama thing. (didnt Bother):woot:

THE FLASH: THE FASTEST MAN ALIVE #10
Written by Marc Guggenheim
Art by Ron Adrian & Art Thibert
Cover by Ethan Van Sciver
Good cop, bad cop! Acing the L.A. Police Academy exam, Bart Allen carries on his grandfather’s police legacy at super-speed. But the darker side of the law’s just shown up in the City of Angels: Zoom!
On sale March 21 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

My bad

I think the Flash title might be moving in the right direction by Bart not only trying to follow and uphold the Flash legacy, but the Allen one as well. Most of the Flashes end up in law enforcement legally. Good choice Guggenheim! Now they just need a kick-@$$ artist and we'll be alright. Maybe Van Sciver could do a run or two.

twylight said:
I haven't been a huge fan of BoP recently, and if you ask around I am one of the biggest fans of the book..and I dropped it. :o

Nothing is wrong with Apokolips, I'm just not a fan of the whole 'Power Boy' idea to begin with and to me it sort of cheapens the whole 'Apokolips' mystique by having more people come from there. :csad:

'Cides why do we need to have 'Power Boy' when we have Big Barda?

Or his lack, thereof. :cwink:

I don't think we should condemn Power Boy until we find out what his deal is. Same with Lil Barda who should make an appearence eventually.

I think those two will be moving towards the center ring in 07 when all the Fourth World goodness starts happening.

Apokolips has possibly billions of residents. It's not a suprise that a few people would borrow a page from Scott Free and get the hell out of hell.

Big Barda and Powerboy are nothing alike so I don't see why having one would constitute not needing the other.

I also find it curious that as soon as you drop BoP, I pick it up. I've never really "felt" Dinah until I read about her relationship with her mother. Plus having Manhunter, Huntress and Barda on the same team makes the Birds seem more like a serious super hero team rather than Charlies Angels.

I dunno, I might be getting preachy, but I'm just not the type to condemn a character we know nothing about. I try to be skeptical, and talk trash about new ideas, but I keep getting dissapointed by the concepts actually being good.

So I wish the best to Powerboy and hopefully he can straighten out 21st century Supergirl

"By Darkseids testi-!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"